Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Yeah most people don't know that. Like someone has said, Purifiers would worship her if they did know about it.

They actually have to thank her for some of their best strikes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Hate? No... Scott canonically cheated on his wife with Emma and when Jean was murdered by Erik he and Emma shagged on her grave with the visuals that Jean was ok with that.
    after years of trying to shove jean and wolverine thing in comics(even to this day),movies and cartoons I was happy she died and scott had a new romance and actully emma made him feel like an alpha male.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    She is an Avenger, he is an X-Men. Loved and idolized / hated and feared.

wanda and vision got their house burnt to the ground because they were "muties"
    even in busiek's run theere was a paradox of protesters asking for more black representation, while saying the mutants should go

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Anyways, part of the in-universe answer is that Wanda’s involvement was kept a secret for a long time.
    yeah, this. The initial reasoning was that if word got out of how easily a mutant (at the time) warped reality to create a false world it would set back mutant-human relations and and increase anti mutant bigotry.

BANNED

Hate? No... Scott canonically cheated on his wife with Emma and when Jean was murdered by Erik he and Emma shagged on her grave with the visuals that Jean was ok with that.
    cyclops was taken advantage of by emma when he was struggling with ptsd (i personally feel it was deeply unethical to pursue that relationship with your patient), and jean was emotionally unavailable bc of phoenix stuff and went to logan

what scott did to madelyne is probably a lot worse

a lot of these relationships seem to be deeply unhealthy

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    cyclops was taken advantage of by emma when he was struggling with ptsd (i personally feel it was deeply unethical to pursue that relationship with your patient), and jean was emotionally unavailable bc of phoenix stuff and went to logan

what scott did to madelyne is probably a lot worse

a lot of these relationships seem to be deeply unhealthy
    Well they essentially lived in a soap opera to the power of 100 reality.

At some point Jean decided to give Scott to Emma apparently. Remember the scene where Jean is reassembling Emma after she was shattered? Jean tells Emma "Scott needs you."

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    At some point Jean decided to give Scott to Emma apparently. Remember the scene where Jean is reassembling Emma after she was shattered? Jean tells Emma "Scott needs you."
    Haha. Scott, the thrift shop boyfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    after years of trying to shove jean and wolverine thing in comics(even to this day),movies and cartoons I was happy she died and scott had a new romance and actully emma made him feel like an alpha male.
    This is messed up, and I don’t know about the alpha male bit, but at the same time I understand this. Growing up on the cartoon especially.

Scott and Emma ended up together because a future Jean saw that it was the way to avoid the apocalypse and changed the timeline in which Scott abandoned Emma and the X-Men.

It is difficult to be more forced than that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Well they essentially lived in a soap opera to the power of 100 reality.
    more like a space where they were recruited as child soldiers and regularly hurt by a creepy middle aged man who creeped on his students like jean

I mean cmon look at that kitty pietro stuff, she was 14 when they kissed!!!

aaaaahhhh

i clapped when she phased through his ring
    clapped again when rogue and remy married

The quiet council have never set an age of consent, amirite?

Can I just add my two cents by saying honestly I don't really think one was hated more than the other. Most of Cyclops haters came from the human/inhuman side of things while many mutants actually agreed with what he had going on. And most of Wanda's haters are mutants. Both sides were hated by their opposing factions equally.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Cause it inadvertently turned out to be a good look for Cyclops that built up to become resentment as editorial wasn’t getting the reaction they wanted. With Cyclops they piled on to try and force the response they wanted, with Scarlet Witch she was a means to end.
    Couldn’t agree more. It actually made cyclops more popular

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Cause it inadvertently turned out to be a good look for Cyclops that built up to become resentment as editorial wasn’t getting the reaction they wanted. With Cyclops they piled on to try and force the response they wanted, with Scarlet Witch she was a means to end.
    Yep. And to this day many at Marvel are still clearly bitter about it.