Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Because Scarlet Witch is a Karen

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    Yep meant in universe.
    Then, for your mighty leader, you have some expectations…

For Wanda, the mutants got caught in a family drama. She was and is very hated though, if it's any comfort…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

I can understand people in-universe not understanding about Cyclops' actions re: The Phoenix Five. Most probably roll their eyes at the possession excuse. Even though I dislike Cyclops, I completely forgive what he did while Phoenix-ed. I forgive Namor for killing millions of Wakandans, too. Then there's the whole war with the Inhumans thing. Most didn't know it wasn't him, and they've been cool after finding out.

Most flatscans probably don't understand what she did to mutants. The insanity defense is probably a lot easier to grasp than possession. I also forgive Wanda since she was nuts. It wasn't her intention to kill anyone, and I don't really see it as her fault any mutants died. Furthermore, any mutants that are still depowered have only themselves (utterly horrible writers) to blame. All they ever needed to do was simply ask to get their powers back (it was only lousy writing that Jubes and Moonstar continued to be depowered so long).
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    I can understand people in-universe not understanding about Cyclops' actions re: The Phoenix Five. Most probably roll their eyes at the possession excuse. Even though I dislike Cyclops, I completely forgive what he did while Phoenix-ed. I forgive Namor for killing millions of Wakandans, too. Then there's the whole war with the Inhumans thing. Most didn't know it wasn't him, and they've been cool after finding out.

Most flatscans probably don't understand what she did to mutants. The insanity defense is probably a lot easier to grasp than possession. I also forgive Wanda since she was nuts. It wasn't her intention to kill anyone, and I don't really see it as her fault any mutants died. Furthermore, any mutants that are still depowered have only themselves (utterly horrible writers) to blame. All they ever needed to do was simply ask to get their powers back (it was only lousy writing that Jubes and Moonstar continued to be depowered so long).
    The funny thing is, if what Wanda did was public knowledge, so many anti-mutant groups like the Purifiers, the Right and Friends of Humanity would hold her in high regard.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    The funny thing is, if what Wanda did was public knowledge, so many anti-mutant groups like the Purifiers, the Right and Friends of Humanity would hold her in high regard.
    thatd probably destroy her more than any other thing the x-men might want to do

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Yes. And deservedly so.

Because he is a guy, a leader and people expect better from him than Wanda who screws up and gets manipulated all the time. It is same reason why people get mad at Cyclops but not Wolverine for murdering people.
    Last edited by ComeOnBunny; 05-23-2020 at 11:13 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Because Wanda is a hot chick.

If she were ugly it would be different.

She is an Avenger, he is an X-Men. Loved and idolized / hated and feared.

He was? Are we talking in universe? Cause out of universe dude, Cyclops was right. In universe it's the same thing as what Trump does, blame Obama. Captain America and co be like blame the mutant.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    She is an Avenger, he is an X-Men. Loved and idolized / hated and feared.

I really wish the Jean/Wanda backup stories from X-Men First Class (by Jeff Parker and Colleen Coover) had gotten its own comic. They were probably the best Wanda-centric content in the 2000s, not that that's saying much, and this was a nice way to wrap it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Magneto.
    Apocalypse.
    Mr. Sinister.

The X-men are perfectly fine with these people.

You don't see the Avengers letting Ultron and Red Skull take leadership positions on the team without so much as a light scolding.
    Haha, best post ever.

This is why I propose a sticky mega-thread.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't hate Scott, and liked that he killed Xavier.
    Hate? No... Scott canonically cheated on his wife with Emma and when Jean was murdered by Erik he and Emma shagged on her grave with the visuals that Jean was ok with that.

Anyways, part of the in-universe answer is that Wanda’s involvement was kept a secret for a long time.