Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnBunny View Post
    Zero wasn't dead and is still alive he reappeared in the Storm series.
    Are you able to give more context to this? (From his Marvel Fandom page)

“ As Kenji tried desperately to stop her, Martha approaches him, telling him that if it were any consolation she "had no heart for him to break". Using an unspecified psychic attack, Martha destroyed Kenji's (and by extension, her own) body. As he died his mind control seeped out of the residents of Utopia.

Because Kenji's death caused the breakdown of his techno-organic form, Martha now resides in a new holding tank, remaining as a severed brain.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnBunny View Post
    Zero wasn't dead and is still alive he reappeared in the Storm series.
    He was dead. HE was ressurected.
    He was also kidnapped by harmon, so he wasn't going to be utopia anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Wasn’t one of the 5 lights dead at the time of AvX?

And UNIT made it clear that he was testing to see what would happen if Hope didn’t have the lights with her.
    Technically there was another Light that was not in Utopia because he was an unborn baby. And another who committed suicide because his face began to melt.

The alien knew that Phoenix Choosen + Lights saved the planet and wanted to see out of scientific curiosity what happened without the Lights. Which the Avengers encouraged.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Technically there was another Light that was not in Utopia because he was an unborn baby. And another who committed suicide because his face began to melt.

The alien knew that Phoenix Choosen + Lights saved the planet and wanted to see out of scientific curiosity what happened without the Lights. Which the Avengers encouraged.
    All the lights weren't present there, so it's not like it's going to work anyway? The phoenix had 5 messiah's and 5 of them weren't going to be there on utopia when the phoenix came anyway. Given that they don't use the remaining lights to ultimately control the phoenix or even try, makes me think it wasn't going to work without all of them being there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    All the lights weren't present there, so it's not like it's going to work anyway? The phoenix had 5 messiah's and 5 of them weren't going to be there on utopia when the phoenix came anyway. Given that they don't use the remaining lights to ultimately control the phoenix or even try, makes me think it wasn't going to work without all of them being there.
    Maybe yes, maybe no. No doubt it would have given at least a better result than on the Moon, when she was alone. Maybe someone like Rachel could have done back up.

BANNED

Maybe yes, maybe no. No doubt it would have given at least a better result than on the Moon, when she was alone. Maybe someone like Rachel could have done back up.
    even cyclops didn't use rachel for help training hope or being around. In the default state she was at the jean grey school not utopia.
    He was asking the extinction team for help, from whom i can only think of emma or magik being somewhat qualified, but certainly not the best people for the job.

Well even your further details only point to having 4 lights, with or without the Avengers involvement.

even cyclops didn't use rachel for help training hope or being around. In the default state she was at the jean grey school not utopia.
    He was asking the extinction team for help, from whom i can only think of emma or magik being somewhat qualified, but certainly not the best people for the job.
    Cyclops may not seem old but he has been around for a while… He gives the impression to be an old-fashioned man.
    Rachel was clearly the best person to deal with the situation even if the days when she was in the forefront and took charge were gone.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Cyclops may not seem old but he has been around for a while… He gives the impression to be an old-fashioned man.
    Rachel was clearly the best person to deal with the situation even if the days when she was in the forefront and took charge were gone.
    Rachael really should have been used. I don't know why, but it seems like everything they did with Phoenix during her Excalibur days is just completely ignored.

i would have liked to see Rachael trying to train Hope with Kitty supporting her, and maybe Nightcrawler too. On the flipside, I really wish that the most of the other X-men that had been there for Dark Phoenix had more openly challenged Cyclops. "Are we sure this is a good idea, Scott? You know what happened last time, right?"

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Rachael really should have been used. I don't know why, but it seems like everything they did with Phoenix during her Excalibur days is just completely ignored.

i would have liked to see Rachael trying to train Hope with Kitty supporting her, and maybe Nightcrawler too. On the flipside, I really wish that the most of the other X-men that had been there for Dark Phoenix had more openly challenged Cyclops. "Are we sure this is a good idea, Scott? You know what happened last time, right?"
    What others X-men? Colossus was with Juggernaut problems, Warren lost his memory, Logan and Beast hated him and were Avengers, Nightcrawler was dead. You just have Storm.

Also, it's funny that you say so, because Xavier should be the first to know that mentally attacking someone possessed by the Phoenix is the fastest way to awaken Dark Phoenix.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    cyclops is probably in his late 20s around avx happening. Right now early 30s. Atleast that's what I think. He's not old, but he's extremely experienced because of the sliding timescale and having been through so much. Even a year in universe is like 4-5 outside. He's more stern and repressed because he has to be or atleast he feels that way, trying to carry all the burdens and responsibilities.

I feel like the writers had to justify the avengers aggression so they had the mutants act silly and not do obvious things.
    Also I feel like they tried to justify the mutants' silliness by ramping up the avengers aggression.

A forced conflict.

also, it's funny that you say so, because Xavier should be the first to know that mentally attacking someone possessed by the Phoenix is the fastest way to awaken Dark Phoenix.
    wasn't cyclops already dark when xavier attacked him mentally?
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 05-27-2020 at 03:01 PM.

cyclops is probably in his late 20s around avx happening. Right now early 30s. Atleast that's what I think. He's not old, but he's extremely experienced because of the sliding timescale and having been through so much. Even a year in universe is like 4-5 outside. He's more stern and repressed because he has to be or atleast he feels that way, trying to carry all the burdens and responsibilities.

I feel like the writers had to justify the avengers aggression so they had the mutants act silly and not do obvious things.
    Also I feel like they tried to justify the mutants' silliness by ramping up the avengers aggression.

A forced conflict.

No, when Xavier and the Avengers attacked him that made him increasingly unstable until he finally couldn't control himself and inadvertently killed him. The trauma of killing Xavier made him go full Dark Phoenix. It was like trying to deal with the Hulk by shooting him with a tank, you are only going to make him madder.

Cyclops was in fact the most stable of all the P5, just when Xavier and the Avengers arrived he was arguing with Emma because she wanted to burn the whole Earth and start from scratch and he was refusing to do so. He also opposed Colossus, Magik, Emma, and Namor when they proposed using deadly force against the Avengers, he made them heal Hawkeye.

Cyclops was only full Dark Phoenix in the last issue, before it was starting to get corrupted but not quite yet. The thing is, they should know that dealing with the Phoenix like this was the worst possible solution. ou don't confront a person with power he can't control by making him feel cornered and attacked.
    Last edited by Glio; 05-27-2020 at 03:15 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

A forced conflict.

Your assessment of Cyclops's character in your opening paragraph is pretty much on point, as is your take on how AvX became such a dumpster fire. It did start with Captain America demanding that Cyclops surrender Hope to him without any evidence that Hope herself had done anything wrong or was a threat, but then Cyclops had to shoot first to make Cap seem more justified in having smuggled in a platoon of Avengers to force the X-Men into compliance.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

mutants have always been more hated than the "heroes." comes with the territory but cyclops is much more likeable these days thanks to Hickman and all the stuff he was hated for it's like it never even happened.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

double post.. whops
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 05-27-2020 at 04:21 PM.