Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    A big part of the defence that the PF are "heroes" are that they have a large contingent of followers among humanity and mutant kind, and there were more X-men who went against them than Wolverine.
    Like? Cause the Schism between most mutants was temporarily healed when the P5 started changing the world for the better. Please list all these mutants that went against them during their initial establishment of the new Utopia? Because I promise you Logan and anyone supporting him up until the P5’s descent were in the minority.

The support they do get shouldn't be that hurt by the Avengers attacking them, if a super-hero team like the Avengers going against them in public can break their "support" that easily it was barely support to begin with. If the support was based on their control of the Phoenix that was;t actual support, it was fear of the Phoenix killing them if they didn't do what they said. Which is logical as they PF have a history of murdering and exiling anyone they dislike on other worlds, PF Magik did the latter to Rogue!
    Did I say their support was dropped just because of the Avengers or did I say that their eventual corruption was the result of multiple attacks by said Avengers leading them to take drastic actions that lead to their support dwindling? Because I believe I said the latter.

Namor was doing things like flooding Wakanda long before Scott became Dark Phoenix.
    Right after the Avengers attacked and kidnapped Transonic. Which brings me back to my point, they were corrupted by the Avengers’ constant attacks. Also let’s please not act like Namor flooded the entire country of Wakanda because that’s not what happened.

Your description of the "support" the PF have is inconsistent, and eventually crumbles into nobody supporting them? And blaming the Avengers because they did things like conquering the world by force and doing evil acts on their own before the Dark Phoenix manifested.
    You mean the “evil acts” they did after constantly being antagonized by the Avengers or the “evil acts” they did before that where they were providing free energy, getting rid of nuclear weaponry, destroying Sentinels, providing free food to the masses etc etc?

But did Scott have the "support" you claim he had while the PF are at their peak? Having a bunch of outlaws isn't evidence that the whole world was on their side when they lost the Phoenix, it shows the opposite. Where's the world governments, militaries and average people coming to their aide?
    Why would they want the support of the same world governments that try to sign mutants’ collective death warrant? More importantly, that clearly wasn’t my point.

Scott's "revolution" failed, and Krakoa at least pretends to participate in respectability politics, it's why they're entrenched in mundane global politics rather than conquering the world from the get go like the PF did. The PF got replaced entirely, aside from Emma Frost and she's not known as being a leader in Krakoa government. Scott, Magik, Emma and Colossus all got demoted in the new status quo.
    Please look up what respectability politics are because I’m 200% sure you are using that word wrong. And, no, Scott’s revolution didn’t fail. Read Uncanny X-Men #600. Cyclops is leader of the X-Men and Captain Commander, Magik is head of the Akademos Habitat and another Captain, and Emma is the global face of Krakoa. What are you talking about, my guy?
    Last edited by Tycon; 05-25-2020 at 01:47 AM.