Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Chad, Karen, Becky... it's all stupid garbage, like most memes. They're jokes that nobody actually finds funny, but everyone tells because they're desperate to fit in with the other people that are telling them and have some sense of belonging to something.
    I can't speak for Chad, but Karen and Becky again were terms created by poc to combat racist white women. They became memes. But were tools against racism. Karens and Beckys just got butthurt over being called out.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post

"You killed the only man who mattered", Aaron was crucial in making Cyclops popular, it's one of the greatest ironies of the era.
    Really- it's unbelievable that this guys read this and thought "everyone's gonna love Wolverine and hate Cyclops after reading this". Shows the complete disconnect these people have from the fans and the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Really- it's unbelievable that this guys read this and thought "everyone's gonna love Wolverine and hate Cyclops after reading this". Shows the complete disconnect these people have from the fans and the real world.
    But I meeeeean you got those fans that did side with Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Two people who unintentionally did bad things vs super-villains who do the things the former do deliberately and would do it again in a heartbeat. One of which had to be convinced not to kill a defenceless puppy for a magical sacrifice ritual.
    Their kill count is still much higher than the so called Heroes :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    That's all it ever was.

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/...ired-in-sexism

It's engineered to tear down women, which got amplified. It's not harmless fun.
    Please go on telling us about ourselves
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Things like that are written by white women. And not at all why the term was created. They want to make it sexist so people stop calling them out on their racism.
    Yes Yes Lord
    Chad, Karen, Becky... it's all stupid garbage, like most memes. They're jokes that nobody actually finds funny, but everyone tells because they're desperate to fit in with the other people that are telling them and have some sense of belonging to something.
    I think they're funny just on how factual they are
    GrindrStone(D)

Both were pretty hated in the books. The difference is Scott got an ongoing and made regular apperances right after his big offense, whereas Wanda went into limbo for years. Her hate would have been more prevalent had they done more with her

Not an unreasonable question to ask. I think people are more eager to hate Cyclops because for most of his life, he was the uptight, by-the-book, loyal soldier boy scout. He wasn't "cool" so to speak. That's why people cheered more for bad boys like Wolverine and broken souls like Tony Stark. Before House of M, Wanda was more sympathetic. Being Magneto's daughter and losing Vision was hard on her. I think because of that, people were eager to forgive her. Cyclops didn't have that luxury. Being a man who got int he way of Wolverine hooking up with Jean Grey probably didn't help, either. Even though everything they blamed him for turned out to not be his fault, people wanted to hate him more than they wanted to forgive him. And I think that's just not right, considering everything he did for mutants and the X-Men. He had his flaws, but he never committed an atrocity on the level that Wanda did.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Lol. The “Cyclops Was Right” meme era for Marvel.

Of course the readers were cheering on Cyclops. Was editorial so disconnected from readers reactions.
    Most X-Men fans were not “Cyclops Was Right”. Most X-Men fans couldn't stand the “Cyclops Was Right” crowd. You had a lot of the CWR bunch fanatically embracing HydraCap, too, as a Cyclops replacement. Most Cap fans were not pro HydraCap.

You have the same thing right now with Krakoa with those who love it and see it as basically Mutant Supremacy done right(they may or may not not call it that). That's not the majority of fans. The majority see the wrongness of it and are waiting for that to be dealt with.

There is a fanbase, to be clear, for “Cyclops Was Right”. And HydraCap. And Mutant Supremacy(in the current Krakoa Era). That is not the main of fans and editorial knows that. They nod to the extremist fans, they play to them... But at the end of the day they know that is not the main of their audience.

Personally, I think they play to that crowd too much and are changing their audience by doing it.

Magneto.
    Apocalypse.
    Mr. Sinister.

The X-men are perfectly fine with these people.

You don't see the Avengers letting Ultron and Red Skull take leadership positions on the team without so much as a light scolding.
    You win the thread.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post
    Most X-Men fans were not “Cyclops Was Right”. Most X-Men fans couldn't stand the “Cyclops Was Right” crowd. You had a lot of the CWR bunch fanatically embracing HydraCap, too, as a Cyclops replacement. Most Cap fans were not pro HydraCap.

You have the same thing right now with Krakoa with those who love it and see it as basically Mutant Supremacy done right(they may or may not not call it that). That's not the majority of fans. The majority see the wrongness of it and are waiting for that to be dealt with.

There is a fanbase, to be clear, for “Cyclops Was Right”. And HydraCap. And Mutant Supremacy(in the current Krakoa Era). That is not the main of fans and editorial knows that. They nod to the extremist fans, they play to them... But at the end of the day they know that is not the main of their audience.

Personally, I think they play to that crowd too much and are changing their audience by doing it.

You win the thread.
    "the majority want to see krakoa gone" and that those that enjoy aren't the majority are bigg statements with no way to back it up.

whats the evidence? because sales tell me otherwise for almost a year now, wich is 89907965096054969450 million times more valid of an evidence than your personal prespective on the x-men fanbase, wich is probably biased since in any online medium you can manipulate what you see by who you follow.
    Last edited by Ferro; 05-24-2020 at 10:33 AM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    "the majority want to see krakoa gone"
    whats the evidence of this because sales tell otherwise for almost a year now, wich is 89907965096054969450 million times more valid of a evidence than your personal prespective on the x-men fanbase, wich is probably biased since in any online medium you can manipulate what you see by who you follow.
    Yeah, so everyone hates the things he hates and loves the things he loves, right.

It's also a fact most fans sided with Cyclops in AvX and liked his more aggressive approach- not only sales for Gillen's X-men outsold any Marvel book at the time, and later Bendis run far outsold WatXN, they got massive reactions in conventions and such- it's no accident Marvel is still trying to push the narrative even now, because they can't stand the idea that most people didn't buy it.

"the majority want to see krakoa gone" and that those that enjoy aren't the majority are bigg statements with no way to back it up.

whats the evidence? because sales tell me otherwise for almost a year now, wich is 89907965096054969450 million times more valid of an evidence than your personal prespective on the x-men fanbase, wich is probably biased since in any online medium you can manipulate what you see by who you follow.

You shouldn't use quotes for something that wasn't said.

I said "The majority see the wrongness of it and are waiting for that to be dealt with."

People here, even many of those that are enjoying the Krakoa arc, routinely point out all the things wrong with it almost after every issue that comes out. You don't think that will be dealt with at some point?

BANNED

You shouldn't use quotes for something that wasn't said.

I said "The majority see the wrongness of it and are waiting for that to be dealt with."

People here, even many of those that are enjoying the Krakoa arc, routinely point out all the things wrong with it almost after every issue that comes out. You don't think that will be dealt with at some point?
    most people accept the wrongness as part of an interesting story about a nascent nation of super humans with specific conections and takes on concepts such as mortality, self identity and morals/redemption that enhances said reading.
    and because if you're an x-men stan you should be more than into moral greyness

most people accept the wrongness as part of an interesting story about a nascent nation of super humans with specific conections and takes on concepts such as mortality, self identity and morals/redemption that enhances said reading.
    and because if you're an x-men stan you should be more than into moral greyness
    "if you're an x-men stan you should be more than into moral greyness" Why? The X-Men have embraced segregation and supremacy. That's not moral grayness, its antithetical to who they are.

'Cyclops Was Right', HydraCap, Superior Spider-Man, Krakoa... It's fun to play with that stuff, enjoy the temporary 'wrongness'(for lack of a better word), but not lose sight that that is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Just before AvsX, Cap was like this

I suppose America seeking a war with a much smaller nation to divert attention from more important issues is an intrinsic part.
    Captain America literally living up to his name. I-

I never bothered to read their titles at the time but man that makes them the more vile holy ****.
    Wich issues can I use as reference?
    IIRC Bendis’ Avengerstie-ins from right before AvX and during it show that (check the issues drawn by Simonson)

"if you're an x-men stan you should be more than into moral greyness" Why? The X-Men have embraced segregation and supremacy. That's not moral grayness, its antithetical to who they are.

'Cyclops Was Right', HydraCap, Superior Spider-Man, Krakoa... It's fun to play with that stuff, enjoy the temporary 'wrongness'(for lack of a better word), but not lose sight that that is what it is.
    That isn’t what segregation means, especially in the context you’re trying to use it in. Also, Cyclops’ revolution was literally based around BLM talking points and actual revolutionary ideals. Comparing that to HydraCap makes nooooooooooo sense. Krakoa is about a power fantasy for marginalized people. It’s what a hypothetical queer paradise or Pan-African nation would actually look like through the lens of the mutants, who AGAIN, are a metaphor for oppressed people.

But of course doing something as drastic as starting a nation will lend itself to doing some questionable things. But, in the face of what they had to deal with before, mutants were more than able to accept the choices they had to make.
    Last edited by Tycon; 05-24-2020 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Captain America literally living up to his name. I-

IIRC Bendis’ Avengerstie-ins from right before AvX and during it show that (check the issues drawn by Simonson)

That isn’t what segregation means, especially in the context you’re trying to use it in. Also, Cyclops’ revolution was literally based around BLM talking points and actual revolutionary ideals. Comparing that to HydraCap makes nooooooooooo sense. Krakoa is about a power fantasy for marginalized people. It’s what a hypothetical queer paradise or Pan-African nation would actually look like through the lens of the mutants, who AGAIN, are a metaphor for oppressed people.

But of course doing something as drastic as starting a nation will lend itself to doing some questionable things. But, in the face of what they had to deal with before, mutants were more than able to accept the choices they had to make.
    I'm comparing them because they are all inversions of the characters and their principles.

Extraordinary Member

Because Wanda literally had sex with Captain America right before Disassembled. And STEVE WOULD NEVER LET THAT STAND WITH HIS FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS.

BANNED

I never bothered to read their titles at the time but man that makes them the more vile holy ****.
    Wich issues can I use as reference?
    #25. The first AvX tie-in of the adjectiveless Avengers run.