Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 226
  1. #61
    Fantastic Member Micabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    You mean Piotr. Quicksilver is no pedophile.
    Umm? Not for nothing but... If Piotr is a pedophile. Wouldn't that make Kitty a Lolita?

  2. #62
    Ultimate Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    12,604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I'm sure there was a lot of grief when the P5 started giving everyone free energy, clean water and free food.

    Well yes, some millionaires must have been upset.
    A huge part of AvX that people overlook is that the Avengers were desperate for public approval since they were getting more flack than usual. Vilifying “the muties” by constantly attacking them until they broke, reinforcing the fears people already had, so the Avengers could swoop in and save the day is a pretty good way to do it. The Avengers were scared of being obsolete so they took out their superior replacements.

  3. #63
    Astonishing Member Glio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    4,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    A huge part of AvX that people overlook is that the Avengers were desperate for public approval since they were getting more flack than usual. Vilifying “the muties” by constantly attacking them until they broke, reinforcing the fears people already had, so the Avengers could swoop in and save the day is a pretty good way to do it. The Avengers were scared of being obsolete so they took out their superior replacements.
    Just before AvsX, Cap was like this




    I suppose America seeking a war with a much smaller nation to divert attention from more important issues is an intrinsic part.

  4. #64
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    1,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Karens are white women that get authorities on poc to get their way. Wanda is Romani, Scott is white. This isn't that type of situation.
    In this case, the authorities are the Avengers and the PoC are the mutants.

    So yes. Wanda is a Karen.

  5. #65
    Extraordinary Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Magneto.
    Apocalypse.
    Mr. Sinister.

    The X-men are perfectly fine with these people.

    You don't see the Avengers letting Ultron and Red Skull take leadership positions on the team without so much as a light scolding.
    Nah they just let the dude who created Ultron AND chick who caused MDay on the team
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Because Wanda is a hot chick.

    If she were ugly it would be different.
    Yuuuup
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    In this case, the authorities are the Avengers and the PoC are the mutants.

    So yes. Wanda is a Karen.
    Ha sooooo true!
    GrindrStone(D)

  6. #66
    Astonishing Member Ferro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    2,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    A huge part of AvX that people overlook is that the Avengers were desperate for public approval since they were getting more flack than usual. Vilifying “the muties” by constantly attacking them until they broke, reinforcing the fears people already had, so the Avengers could swoop in and save the day is a pretty good way to do it. The Avengers were scared of being obsolete so they took out their superior replacements.
    I never bothered to read their titles at the time but man that makes them the more vile holy shit.
    Wich issues can I use as reference?

  7. #67
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Nah they just let the dude who created Ultron AND chick who caused MDay on the team
    Two people who unintentionally did bad things vs super-villains who do the things the former do deliberately and would do it again in a heartbeat. One of which had to be convinced not to kill a defenceless puppy for a magical sacrifice ritual.

    Yuuuup
    Nope.


    Ha sooooo true!
    How do the X-men who fought the PF fit into this? This "Karen" meme is tiresome, I'd think the X-men wouldn't like encouraging sexist memes.

  8. #68
    Astonishing Member Ferro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    2,835

    Default

    karen isnt sexist, it realy isnt

  9. #69

    Default

    It really isn't. It's term, like Becky, was created by people within the black community to combat the nosy and racist white women that try to make life difficult for them. Karens and Beckys have earned it. They need to put down their phones and leave the manager alone.
    Was Curlytop

  10. #70
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    karen isnt sexist, it realy isnt
    That's all it ever was.

    https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/...ired-in-sexism

    It's engineered to tear down women, which got amplified. It's not harmless fun.

  11. #71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    In this case, the authorities are the Avengers and the PoC are the mutants.

    So yes. Wanda is a Karen.
    I hate how Marvel has turned the Avengers into the universal police force, but Wanda didn't call them, lol. She was too amnesiac to do that.
    Was Curlytop

  12. #72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    That's all it ever was.

    https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/...ired-in-sexism

    It's engineered to tear down women, which got amplified. It's not harmless fun.
    Things like that are written by white women. And not at all why the term was created. They want to make it sexist so people stop calling them out on their racism.
    Was Curlytop

  13. #73
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    1,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Things like that are written by white women. And not at all why the term was created. They want to make it sexist so people stop calling them out on their racism.
    The funny thing is that the article writer mentions “Chad” but glosses right over it. Even though it’s older and more widely known than Karen.

    That’s such a Karen thing to do.

  14. #74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    The funny thing is that the article writer mentions “Chad” but glosses right over it. Even though it’s older and more widely known than Karen.

    That’s such a Karen thing to do.
    It is indeed!
    Was Curlytop

  15. #75
    Better than YOU! Alan2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,988

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    The funny thing is that the article writer mentions “Chad” but glosses right over it. Even though it’s older and more widely known than Karen.

    That’s such a Karen thing to do.
    Chad, Karen, Becky... it's all stupid garbage, like most memes. They're jokes that nobody actually finds funny, but everyone tells because they're desperate to fit in with the other people that are telling them and have some sense of belonging to something.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •