Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Default What level should be lois lane - the fighter be at?

Since, lois is an army brat.The level of combat provess she should posses in your mind. Finally, which dc villains would she be able to take in a standard bout at her best?

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I would give her "can beat two guys with knives" at best
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I would give her "can beat two guys with knives" at best
    Well, she beat harley quinn. That instantly puts her as the most powerful being in the entire universe. Darkseid will tremble at the mere mention of her name.
    Really, though i think she can take two face. He is just a lawyer with tommy guns.

In coming up with my post, I actually immediately stopped on the idea of Lois vs Joker...

Which she should win, because she can actually fight. But for whatever reason, Batman and his crew are impossibly good fighters who commonly fail at taking those guys out. It's like diamond socks are Batman's Kryptonite. Up to the early 90s Batman looked pretty human and could be taken out by less than half a dozen guys if they really pressed him. But now most of the Bat family can take out dozens of armed opponents as a normal thing, so what's the problem?

I suppose if we keep the Bat villains as inexplicably tough, it means Lois might be good enough to just "fend them off."

In coming up with my post, I actually immediately stopped on the idea of Lois vs Joker...

Which she should win, because she can actually fight. But for whatever reason, Batman and his crew are impossibly good fighters who commonly fail at taking those guys out. It's like diamond socks are Batman's Kryptonite. Up to the early 90s Batman looked pretty human and could be taken out by less than half a dozen guys if they really pressed him. But now most of the Bat family can take out dozens of armed opponents as a normal thing, so what's the problem?

I suppose if we keep the Bat villains as inexplicably tough, it means Lois might be good enough to just "fend them off."
    And then they say batman is "realistic". Also, if we can "level up" batman villains and family shouldn't that courtesy be given to lois as well? What about flash villains or any non powered rogue like boomerang or trickster aside from batman side of things? Or some of the non powered pulp characters and superheroes dc has?

I like that fact that she beat Harley but that's more to do with the fact that I find modern Harley to be the equivalent of nails on chalkboard.

I remember Lois picking up and firing a machine gun in the Fleischer series. I like that.

Lois is a fighter but it's not anymore than, can handle several types of firearms and leave two grown men moaning with pain on the floor before she makes a dash for it. It's her journalism and biting wit that scaths the bad guys the most. If Superman never showed up Lois would have died a long time ago.

Something like an intermediate level of fighting prowess. One on one against a common thug the guy's out cold. Two on one, still a good shot. Surrounded? She has the know-how to make an opening and bounce. Going up a notch into actual named villains and the like? That's about when she's over her head.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I like that fact that she beat Harley but that's more to do with the fact that I find modern Harley to be the equivalent of nails on chalkboard.

I remember Lois picking up and firing a machine gun in the Fleischer series. I like that.

Lois is a fighter but it's not anymore than, can handle several types of firearms and leave two grown men moaning with pain on the floor before she makes a dash for it. It's her journalism and biting wit that scaths the bad guys the most. If Superman never showed up Lois would have died a long time ago.
    @bold Yeah! I remember that as well. She used to fly a plane as well. That should be brought back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Something like an intermediate level of fighting prowess. One on one against a common thug the guy's out cold. Two on one, still a good shot. Surrounded? She has the know-how to make an opening and bounce. Going up a notch into actual named villains and the like? That's about when she's over her head.
    What if superman trained her? How would that change her stats?
    For everyone, this is just imaginary experiment (aren't they all). But, what do you think her favourite weapon of choice would be in times of high stakes?
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 05-23-2020 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    And then they say batman is "realistic". Also, if we can "level up" batman villains and family shouldn't that courtesy be given to lois as well? What about flash villains or any non powered rogue like boomerang or trickster aside from batman side of things? Or some of the non powered pulp characters and superheroes dc has?
    In the bronze age, Simyan and Mokkari made a miniature clone army of the Justice League. Cadmus responded with a set of Lois Lane clones that systematically took them out (earrings with gold Kryptonite, Klurkor on Black Canary, etc.)

In the bronze age, Simyan and Mokkari made a miniature clone army of the Justice League. Cadmus responded with a set of Lois Lane clones that systematically took them out (earrings that shot gold Kryptonite, Klurkor on Black Canary, etc.)
    Now, that is fun. So wait, did the lois lane clones pull a batman on justice league clones?

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    @bold Yeah! I remember that as well. She used to fly a plane as well. That should be brought back.

What if superman trained her? How would that change her stats?
    For everyone, this is just imaginary experiment (aren't they all). But, what do you think her favourite weapon of choice would be in times of high stakes?
    Well, I don't really know how much more Superman could train her. Depending on the continuity, he has some martial skills thanks the likes of Karate Kid, WW, and Batman at times. But he still doesn't do a whole lot otherwise that can be taught to anyone else without his powers.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Well, I don't really know how much more Superman could train her. Depending on the continuity, he has some martial skills thanks the likes of Karate Kid, WW, and Batman at times. But he still doesn't do a whole lot otherwise that can be taught to anyone else without his powers.
    If you ask me, i thought she would have prefered wild cat train her. But, aside from that i didn't know miniature lois lane clone army can beat up the entire miniature justice league. Go lois!!i guess you learn something new everyday.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Joker's good with knives, with a lot of tricks, and he fights like the Drunken Master type, meaning the way he moves is very unpredictable. Unlike disciplined fighter, the Bat fam can't guess what his next move's gonna be. He also can go feral, fight wildly, stab, and bite like an animal. In some cases Joker venom also acts as an enhancer or painkiller.

That's the modern explanation.

Old golden age Joker can actually fight toe to toe with Batman though. He's supposed to be a good fighter.

That said most of the time the Batfam has no trouble fighting their villains. One punch is all it takes unless Joker went to feral mode. The problem is in their arsenal. Guns, goons, traps, hostages, juiced muscles they hire, Joker venom, fear gas, hypnotized henchmen, or metahumans. One or two of them may hire Deathstroke... stuff like that.

Astonishing Member

Ignoring for the moment all the times that Lois has been Superwoman (and ignoring the Earth-3 Lois who's the evil super-powered version), the "regular" Lois was trained by Sam Kent (who never got the son he wanted) in just the same combat skills that he trained the troops under his command, and to the same skill level. It's no wonder that Lois can report on revolutions in the thick of the jungle, on strange happenings in the highest mountain ranges, and on the activities of the most ruthless and blood-thirsty elements of Intergang - she's a very tough person who can fight her way out of a scrape when the fists, knives, and bullets fly. (Maybe she was the one who launched them!) She even fought alongside Diana in Themyscira against a disgruntled group of Amazons led by Eris, daughter of Ares, and that's about as hard-core as you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    Ignoring for the moment all the times that Lois has been Superwoman (and ignoring the Earth-3 Lois who's the evil super-powered version), the "regular" Lois was trained by Sam Kent (who never got the son he wanted) in just the same combat skills that he trained the troops under his command, and to the same skill level. It's no wonder that Lois can report on revolutions in the thick of the jungle, on strange happenings in the highest mountain ranges, and on the activities of the most ruthless and blood-thirsty elements of Intergang - she's a very tough person who can fight her way out of a scrape when the fists, knives, and bullets fly. (Maybe she was the one who launched them!) She even fought alongside Diana in Themyscira against a disgruntled group of Amazons led by Eris, daughter of Ares, and that's about as hard-core as you can get.
    Rebirth topped that one by fighting the Furies on Apokolips to protect Clark and Jon.