Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    How dare you disrespect Lois that way.

We all know her reporter skills make her the Goddess of Truth (step aside, Diana, you wannabe and her training at the hands of General Samuel Lane make her far superior to nay mere combat machine. Batman himself admits that he has NO plan to take down Lois.
    Not to mention, she makes darkseid himself squirm with her "you are in big trouble young man" glare. Lois beats batman by pulling his rope down. KO, no difficulty at all.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    She wasn't that kind of "fighting machine" but in the old Girl Reporter stories she'd regularly clobber a few guys in a gag sort of way.
    Even as gag-sequel, she still seemed to be written as a rather competent at self-defense, at least one who could hold her own situations that didn’t need Superman to help her.

Lois Lane should be every bit at self-defense as good as Selina Kyle and Harley Quinn.

I don't know if it was posted already, but Lois Lane was originally written as an strong woman capable of defending herself. I like that a lot. It sends the right message. I don't like to see her with superpowers, though, although Morrison made it work in All Star. Lois should kick some bvtt when needed, IMO.

In Superman 2 she punched Ursa and knocked her down!

Also in Superman The Movie, she wasn't afraid of the robber in the alley and kicked him. I haven't seen the movie in a while, but I remember she did try to kick him haha.

BANNED

Like i said before, plot armor level.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo View Post
    Like i said before, plot armor level.
    If everyone has it, then no one does. Batman, green arrow.. Etc should be kababs by now.They aren't. Why? Cause' they be "superheroes". There are plenty of old school pulp characters dc has.Yet,they aren't given anything of worth.Might be because of negligence, lack of interest from creatives for direction and even profitability. But, still. Lois needs to kick some ass, without the ridiculous outfits. It's always been an action oriented subject. I hate lois being stuck superman's drama. Then again i hat superman himself stuck with drama.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 06-04-2020 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I would give her "can beat two guys with knives" at best
    Yeah, she can disarm your average mugger, but she isn’t a master of martial arts.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah, she can disarm your average mugger, but she isn’t a master of martial arts.
    I've probably stated it badly, but this is sort of my point with Lois. I don't want her totally useless, but i also don't buy her training with Sam Lane making her a commando or one-woman SWAT team.

Lois investigating a run of the mill robbery (average Joes with guns enter bank) should have a chance of handling them solo, if she is shown using some strategy (not four armed men getting their asses kicked simultaneously by unarmed Lois).
    Lois investigating InterGang begins to raise the stakes to where either another "hero" should be involved or the writer makes it clear that Lois' has some lucky breaks and this could have ended badly.
    Lois against Faora or Ursa requires the writer to tilt all the odds in Lois' favor for her to survive, let alone win. This type of thing should only be shown in rare instances as the most probable outcome should be "Daily Planet needs new reporter".
    And Lois trying to join or lead the Female Furies should result in at best a very battered Lois (if they actually accepted her) and more likely Lois being tortured by Granny (because the Furies couldn't be bothered wasting the time to kill her).

Disarming guys with knives is pretty standard fare in the action genre, but I think in real life even the most trained guy is going to get cut if he tried to disarm a knife-wielding bad guy without a weapon of his own. So maybe I'd split the difference by saying she'd beat two guys with knives by catching them while they're distracted and throwing blunt, heavy objects at them. The other option I'd pick is pretty unpopular; she'd just show her conceal/carry piece and the guys would go running...