Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I think the two go hand in hand, if a bit of product placement didn't resonate with viewers it wouldn't be successful.
    Reece's Pieces is mildly enjoyable to me personally, but I have no desire to buy them in a store. Burger King, OTOH, after Iron Man, became a staple.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Nelly's song about air force ones
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 05-24-2020 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I've always wanted a DeLorean. I had to settle for red and white Nike sneakers.
    I've read that despite the cool look the car had major issues, especially with the doors. The BTTF films even pointed out that they were relatively badly made in one of the jokes in BTTF.

Marty: Let's land on him, we'll cripple his car.
    Doc: Marty, he's in a '46 Ford; we're in a DeLorean. He'd rip through us like we were tinfoil.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Don't know that it ever swayed me to buy more Cheerios, but the image stuck with me forever...

Last edited by Güicho; 05-25-2020 at 03:19 PM.

Extraordinary Member

For me personally, I’ve got a two-fer that probably wound up being more of a market-boost than a company boost.

Pizza in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1989).

The film itself has the Domino’s scene... and the VHS copy comes with the Pizza Hut advertisement, which I’m sure drove someone up the wall.

Mostly it, and the rest of TMNT, just made me a pizza addict... but I did deliberately try and get ahold of both Pizza Hut and Dominos whenever I could as a kid.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Dr pepper in the first spider man movie.

Popeye's Fried Chicken in the Supergirl movie? I do love their red beans and rice.

BANNED

The Cola tin placement in Enemy mine. Saw it as a kid and it was hilarious^^

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I've read that despite the cool look the car had major issues, especially with the doors. The BTTF films even pointed out that they were relatively badly made in one of the jokes in BTTF.

Marty: Let's land on him, we'll cripple his car.
    Doc: Marty, he's in a '46 Ford; we're in a DeLorean. He'd rip through us like we were tinfoil.
    I always thought that joke was more about the absolute tank level build quality of older cars. I mean, those were fucking solid automobiles back in the day. There wasn't much on the road in the '80s that a '46 Ford wouldn't rip through like it were tinfoil.

DeLorean's were far from perfect, and being a tall person, I couldn't actually fit comfortably in one, so the dream was dashed long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    For me personally, I’ve got a two-fer that probably wound up being more of a market-boost than a company boost.

Pizza in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1989).

The film itself has the Domino’s scene... and the VHS copy comes with the Pizza Hut advertisement, which I’m sure drove someone up the wall.

Mostly it, and the rest of TMNT, just made me a pizza addict... but I did deliberately try and get ahold of both Pizza Hut and Dominos whenever I could as a kid.

Funny thing is the movie also has Raphael watch "Critters" (One of the better Gremlins knock-offs, which upped the gore and added more of a sci-fi element) which was also released by New Line Cinema.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth