Default Diana and Mary Marvel

Meh. I don't like heroes fighting each other, but it's very old hat. Not very interesting, generally speaking. That WW may now have a consistent one to fight isn't interesting. Double that if it's just used to trash one of the heroes a lot (as happens whenever Batman fights anyone).

And, I've said before, WW shouldn't fight a "spinoff" cast member as a primary. I was talking about Grail, but the same may hold true here. Not interested in DCeased, so can't speak to it specifically, but the big deal should be a primary themselves.

One fight in a bad zombie book doesn't make them rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    One fight in a bad zombie book doesn't make them rivals.
    This.

Dumb clickbait article about a lame fight in a crappy comic by a lousy writer.

It's not the first time, but the previous one was Black Mary.

No most certainly not, I read the issue and not only were there a series of exigenct circumstances, such as zombies, but Mary was only able to hold her own after months of training with assassins.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Mary was only able to hold her own after months of training with assassins.
    Mary Marvel, training with assassins. More proof, if any is needed, that DC has utterly lost its way.

Now some kind of rivalry between Mary Marvel and Diana might be interesting with authentic versions of the characters as they are meant to be. But Diana is too wise, and Mary too optimistic, for any such thing to last long. But if such a thing were to happen, this is not it.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGus View Post
    Mary Marvel, training with assassins. More proof, if any is needed, that DC has utterly lost its way.

Now some kind of rivalry between Mary Marvel and Diana might be interesting with authentic versions of the characters as they are meant to be. But Diana is too wise, and Mary too optimistic, for any such thing to last long. But if such a thing were to happen, this is not it.
    Why was she training with assassins? Or did they de-continuity her time as Black Mary? Teth Adam apparently gave her not only his power but his knowledge on using it. O_o'

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Why was she training with assassins? Or did they de-continuity her time as Black Mary? Teth Adam apparently gave her not only his power but his knowledge on using it. O_o'
    All right quick explanation, this story is an Alternate Universe. Not in continuity, it is its own thing and does not matter to the main continuity we normally read so don’t worry about continuity. I think that may have gotten misunderstood along the way so I wanted to be clear, not trying to be mean or anything.

As for story reasons, basically it’s set in a Zombie Apocalypse, a side story to the DCeased mini-series, where Jason Todd, Commissioner Gordon, Cassandra Cain as Batgirl, and a handful of supervillains (Deathstroke, Rose Wilson, Bane, Solomon Grundy, Cheetah, Shiva, Deadshot, and the Creeper) were protecting an orphanage and to do that the villains and the heroes trained the orphans to survive in the harsh reality they now live in. Guess what, one of the orphans was Mary Marvel who was too afraid to use her powers because of what happened to her brother Billy, and did not use her powers until the last minute to save them from the zombiefied Wonder Woman, which she only managed with the help of her training.

Honestly the only real thing that should be taken away from this at all is that Mary Marvel will likely be in the DCeased sequel out next month, and that’s it.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    All right quick explanation, this story is an Alternate Universe. Not in continuity, it is its own thing and does not matter to the main continuity we normally read so don’t worry about continuity. I think that may have gotten misunderstood along the way so I wanted to be clear, not trying to be mean or anything.

As for story reasons, basically it’s set in a Zombie Apocalypse, a side story to the DCeased mini-series, where Jason Todd, Commissioner Gordon, Cassandra Cain as Batgirl, and a handful of supervillains (Deathstroke, Rose Wilson, Bane, Solomon Grundy, Cheetah, Shiva, Deadshot, and the Creeper) were protecting an orphanage and to do that the villains and the heroes trained the orphans to survive in the harsh reality they now live in. Guess what, one of the orphans was Mary Marvel who was too afraid to use her powers because of what happened to her brother Billy, and did not use her powers until the last minute to save them from the zombiefied Wonder Woman, which she only managed with the help of her training.

Honestly the only real thing that should be taken away from this at all is that Mary Marvel will likely be in the DCeased sequel out next month, and that’s it.
    That makes a lot of sense actually