Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by megaharrison View Post
    I think it was largely just a mechanism to get Blaze out of the picture so we can have the "new, young, hip, and politically correct!" Ghost Rider as the sole Rider of 616 for the time being.
    Well, Johnny is planned to appear in the new Ghost Rider. I don't know if that will happen after this T-Bolts issue chronologically.

I guess it's better than Danny Ketch just mentioning in a Spider-man issue that he was depowered off-panel.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    This issue felt very phoned in by all parties involved.
    I agree. I loved what Blacker and Acker did in #27, but everything afterwards has left me on the fence.

Sometimes it seems that they don't care about the characters, this series is going to be canceled and anything goes.
    Last edited by Bionder; 08-14-2014 at 01:13 AM.

All-New Member

Nothing wrong with this issue to me, they went out of their way to show he did a lot of research before actually even trying to approach the supernatural characters. He talked with the best sorcerer in the world then went to the best monster hunter in the world, then he finally confronted Zadkiel and the Ghost Rider. He wasn't just winging it he was acting based on what he had discovered, reconnaissance and execution: that's the The Punisher.

Of Course he didn't kill Zadkiel, just bested him once, something Hawkeye would do. Just a little more muscle involved here.

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    I could not believe that Acker and Blacker had Zadkiel so badly job to the Punisher. I loved Jason Aaron's Ghost Rider, where Zadkiel was the big bad. That guy literally almost beat GOD. Yet, now somehow Punisher beats him as an after-thought.

Then not only does Punisher easily defeat Ghost Rider, but he actually separates him from the spirit of vengeance? And Blaze is happy about that? Maybe he forgot the whole thing where he realized he has to be the Ghost Rider after that whole female Ghost Rider experiment (which was the underlying theme of the series)? This book simultaneously jobbed GR and wrote him out of character.
    Painfully accurate

Quote Originally Posted by megaharrison View Post
    I think it was largely just a mechanism to get Blaze out of the picture so we can have the "new, young, hip, and politically correct!" Ghost Rider as the sole Rider of 616 for the time being.
    Probably my worst case scenario right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Fear Embodied View Post
    Nothing wrong with this issue to me, they went out of their way to show he did a lot of research before actually even trying to approach the supernatural characters. He talked with the best sorcerer in the world then went to the best monster hunter in the world, then he finally confronted Zadkiel and the Ghost Rider. He wasn't just winging it he was acting based on what he had discovered, reconnaissance and execution: that's the The Punisher.
    And you didn't find that after all that careful planning went to ****, what did him in was somehow resisting the penance stare and then overpowering a character far beyond his weight class and then choking the spirit out of him with his own chain that he can control mentally around a neck he doesn't have?

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post

And you didn't find that after all that careful planning went to ****, what did him in was somehow resisting the penance stare and then overpowering a character far beyond his weight class and then choking the spirit out of him with his own chain that he can control mentally around a neck he doesn't have?
    Quoted for emphasis. I don't think any of us have an issue with Frank doing his homework (which probably the best part of this book), we have an issue with how easily he took out Zadkiel, and how ridiculously he took out Ghost Rider.

As discussed before, while it might have been a little silly, I wouldn't have had quite as much of a problem if Frank had stumbled upon the chant Leader used in an earlier issue, or he saved some badass spiritual weapon for last that subdued the spirit or something. But using his own chains to seperate Blaze and the Spirit of Vengeance? Please.

Of Course he didn't kill Zadkiel, just bested him once, something Hawkeye would do. Just a little more muscle involved here.

enjoyed the Castle going through the steps to prepare to fight his teammates. The Deadpool part was funny of course he will get out but I enjoyed the banter.

I wonder if the relaunch will just be Hawkeye taking the name back or something new entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Thad937 View Post
    I agree. I loved what Blacker and Acker did in #27, but everything afterwards has left me on the fence.
    The art too... Jacinto's drawn previous issues and I thought they looked great. This one didn't look good at all.

Really, the only thing I enjoyed about this issue was the back and forth between Frank and Deadpool in the beginning.

All-New Member

I don't know if you're more familiar with Punisher or just the other members of the team, and I really don't mean to sound dickish when I say that, but in the almost 50 years since his introduction Punisher has been shown to have a very high resistance to spells and incantations, now I'm not talking about brainwashing or chemical imbalances that make him do evil I'm talking about magic. Man-thing not burning his skin, his scowling in the face of Dr Strange powered aliens from another galaxy, now the penance stare, Frank Castle has been shown over a long time to be extraordinarily, but not like a mutant mind you. Even Daredevil says in the midst of chaos his heartbeat never raises past normal.

Frank Castle knows Daimon Hellstrom, he's literally died and served God as a gun toting angel, he's been killed and brought back is a cyborg Frankenstein monster to fight even worsemonsters, the weird ain't nothing new to Frank and Frank can handle it. You think Zadkiel just let's any goof in his door?
    Last edited by Fear Embodied; 08-14-2014 at 11:41 AM.

I can't understand why artists make the artwork look sketchy... Barberi's did a wonderful job in previous issues.

I don't know if you're more familiar with Punisher or just the other members of the team, and I really don't mean to sound dickish when I say that, but in the almost 50 years since his introduction Punisher has been shown to have a very high resistance to spells and incantations, now I'm not talking about brainwashing or chemical imbalances that make him do evil I'm talking about magic. Man-thing not burning his skin, his scowling in the face of Dr Strange powered aliens from another galaxy, now the penance stare, Frank Castle has been shown over a long time to be extraordinarily, but not like a mutant mind you. Even Daredevil says in the midst of chaos his heartbeat never raises past normal.

Frank Castle knows Daimon Hellstrom, he's literally died and served God as a gun toting angel, he's been killed and brought back is a cyborg Frankenstein monster to fight even worsemonsters, the weird ain't nothing new to Frank and Frank can handle it. You think Zadkiel just let's any goof in his door?
    I'm decently familiar with Punisher but didn't really consider his history against magic. Though the Penance Stare has worked on him before so I don't understand why it wouldn't work now. And hellfire would still burn regardless. The reasoning given in the book didn't make sense to me and seemed made up to progress the plot. Then again, inconsistency is Marvel's specialty.

All-New Member

I'm decently familiar with Punisher but didn't really consider his history against magic. Though the Penance Stare has worked on him before so I don't understand why it wouldn't work now. And hellfire would still burn regardless. The reasoning given in the book didn't make sense to me and seemed made up to progress the plot. Then again, inconsistency is Marvel's specialty.
    He used the penance stare after Frank thought he had killed Nick Fury for good. Now even after all of the intentions and hate, when Nick was dead in the dirt I'm sure that weighed on Frank. In the years since that story we've been shown and told Frank and Nick have known and worked with each other for a long time. When the Penance Stare 'worked on him' he was literally in a psychotic state and getting even worse, he thought he killed some innocents in the park, he was brainwashed into thinking an American Hero killed his family. He literally wasn't in his right mind. In the almost 20 years years Frank has evolved. I like him looking Ghostrider straight in his fiery eyes and saying I have no regrets.
    Last edited by Fear Embodied; 08-14-2014 at 12:01 PM.

In the Thunderbolts annual he was the only one who resisted the magic from the Fairy King.

Quote Originally Posted by Bionder View Post
    In the Thunderbolts annual he was the only one who resisted the magic from the Fairy King.
    Completely different, and fit with the story. The fairy king couldn't overwhelm Frank with his happiness magic because there's nothing that makes Frank happier than punishing bad guys, which he was in the process of doing.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bionder View Post
    I forgot all about that one, which was one of the best. That one probably goes the farthest to show his anti Magic capabilities if you will. He also killed a goddamn Frost Giant in that issue as well. Frank is top level beast.
    Last edited by Fear Embodied; 08-14-2014 at 12:30 PM.