Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    And what's the deal with his Penance Stare not working? Because Frank "regrets nothing"?? That's not even how it works.
    Actually, the Penance Stare always works more on those who're either evil or don't care about the consequences of their actions toward the innocent victims.......Frank, however, not only knows that killing is wrong; but he's doing this (toward the criminals and undesirables) with the belief that it's being done for the greater good (in his mind, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Bionder View Post
    Everyone has hurt innocents, every hero. So by your definition everyone should be affected by Penance Stare. I'm trying to uncomplicate what you guys are saying, just it.
    Pretty much everyone, yeah. And it isn't my definition, it's the definition you yourself quoted from Marvel wikia lol

This is a comic book, don't make it too real. By giving "real life" explanations.
    It's not "real-life" explanations I'm giving. It's simple logic that you choose to ignore just because.

I was looking for one issue that actually worked... can you name the issue? I get the feeling the last time he used, it didn't worked.
    I think it was a Nick Fury story from a while back, where he used it but was interrupted before it could finish.
    Last edited by Of Atlantis; 08-13-2014 at 11:19 AM.

BANNED

It's not "real-life" explanations I'm giving. It's simple logic that you choose to ignore just because.
    Exactly. That's like saying that Spider-Man doesn't need to defecate because he's never been shown to hit the can.
    Last edited by Darthkostis; 08-13-2014 at 11:21 AM.

Ideally, yeah the PS should work on just about everyone. And this isn't making things too much 'real life', these characters often talk about collateral damage themselves.

In Elektra #4, Elektra basically said she would prefer to leave a slew of orphans and broken futures in her wake rather than not kill those she thinks should be killed.

Pretty much everyone, yeah. And it isn't my definition, it's the definition you yourself quoted from Marvel wikia lol

This will be my last reply to you, because we will never agree. So if you are looking for "logic" in Marvel Universe... well you are reading the wrong books. No real life "logic" applies in any Marvel book, specially in 616.

This will be my last reply to you, because we will never agree. So if you are looking for "logic" in Marvel Universe... well you are reading the wrong books. No real life "logic" applies in any Marvel book, specially in 616.
    Was never looking for you to agree, just understand where I'm coming from.

And I refer to logic as in how things apply to the way things are already established, hence the definition of Penance Stare you provided applied to the situation regarding Punisher's history. Disregarding things because they refute your point doesn't make them any less true or applicable.
    Last edited by Of Atlantis; 08-13-2014 at 11:30 AM.

Fantastic Member Jumpoff AKA JohnnyBlazed's Avatar

I was looking for one issue that actually worked... can you name the issue? I get the feeling the last time he used, it didn't worked.
    Over the edge omega ,Punisher kills nick fury then ghost rider puts him down with it. Hell in Punisher war journal issue 30 , Gr makes frank look into his own soul and it made him swear to go to confession.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpoff AKA JohnnyBlazed View Post
    Over the edge omega ,Punisher kills nick fury then ghost rider puts him down with it. Hell in Punisher war journal issue 30 , Gr makes frank look into his own soul and it made him swear to go to confession.
    "That" Punisher was brainwashed to kill Nick Fury. It's not the real Punisher. Getting him to confession had no real combat implications in fact GR aknowledged that he only preys on the guilty in that issue. But in a sort of way it worked. You are right.

This book had it's moments good and bad. If I was frank, i'd do the same thing to deadpool. I thought frank getting the weapons that he need to to kill GR was interesting. Ghost Rider did beat the crap out frank even with all supernatural weapons need to kill him. The way he took off the curse was underwhelming and pepe le pew kiss was too cartoony for my taste. They made GR too weak in this series tho and made his penance stare useless basically. I'm kinda glad it's ending now...

This issue was really boring. I love Frank but I don't think he should have won that fight.
    We need better comics

And he should have won. Frank should have figure it out the chant that Leader used a few issues ago. It would make more sense than his own chains.

And he should have won. Frank should have figure it out the chant that Leader used a few issues ago. It would make more sense than his own chains.
    That, while still being ridiculous, would have been far better. However, those events ended up not happening, so Frank never got to know about the chant.

Using GR chains to yank the demon out? I'm surprised GR hasn't accidentally done this to himself already with the way he whips those chains about.
    Last edited by tsaimelemoni; 08-13-2014 at 04:20 PM.

This issue felt very phoned in by all parties involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    Frank went to see Zadkiel (the big Angel/Demon) who once tried to take over Heaven. There he finds Mephisto's blade just laying there, and Zadkiel ready to give it to him. And then he swiftly destroys Zadkiel with a blow. Woah. What a load of crap. This Punisher glorification is as bad as the Batman one. Plus, he defeats Deadpool, he decapitates him, he destroys one of the most powerful Angels and then rids the Rider from Zarathos. Again, what a load of crap.
    I could not believe that Acker and Blacker had Zadkiel so badly job to the Punisher. I loved Jason Aaron's Ghost Rider, where Zadkiel was the big bad. That guy literally almost beat GOD. Yet, now somehow Punisher beats him as an after-thought.

Then not only does Punisher easily defeat Ghost Rider, but he actually separates him from the spirit of vengeance? And Blaze is happy about that? Maybe he forgot the whole thing where he realized he has to be the Ghost Rider after that whole female Ghost Rider experiment (which was the underlying theme of the series)? This book simultaneously jobbed GR and wrote him out of character.

The Punisher doesn't harm or kill innocents. He does his job directly to who deserves it.
    There was the time he killed his own family after the Hood resurrected them.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    This issue felt very phoned in by all parties involved.
    I think it was largely just a mechanism to get Blaze out of the picture so we can have the "new, young, hip, and politically correct!" Ghost Rider as the sole Rider of 616 for the time being.