Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    This is pretty old hot take; nevertheless I really enjoyed Kibblesmith's Loki even if it was cancelled unceremoniously.

It doesn't hurt having different titles on the shelf; for all we know this could be a Nextwave style book (which was amazing beyond belief) but we do not know since it's not out yet.

Regardless, everyone relax and enjoy the sweet internet gas.

BANNED

Snowflake and Safespace are my two favorite Marvel heroes.

MrMarvel

Hey guys! I was looking for some transparent images of the characters. (That means no backgrounds.) Anyone care to help me out?

The idea of "internet gas" is so ridiculous, I can't believe it's intended to be part of a standard superhero series. My six year old grand nice and Squirrel Girl/DC Superhero Girls fan would think it was silly. I also knew a couple of gay activists back in the 80s who wanted to use the F term to empower the gay community and make it so that it was no longer an insult. My take is this is either gpoing to be brilliant hilarious social commentary, or it'll be a mess. But with my decades of experience, I have learned to let the issues be published sand read before making that call.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrMarvel View Post
    Hey guys! I was looking for some transparent images of the characters. (That means no backgrounds.) Anyone care to help me out?
    Tip: do an image search on Google with whatever you want, click on ''Tools'' and then on the ''Color'' tab, choose ''Transparent''. You will only receive results with transparent backgrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    i got to assume the book will be written with a lot of humor.

internet gas really?
    He drives the villains crazy cause he's a lunatic.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    That this team is getting published is a joke, won't last long imo
    It's not an ongoing.

New Warriors (2020) #1 (of 5) slated for September 2. 2020.

It's an embarrassment to see grown adults throwing fits over a mini series.

That most were never going to read. Guess being deserate for youtube money does that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I think Larry is out to inflate the numbers on issue 1 to make the drop seem worse for issue 2.
    Well it looks like the book is coming out September 2.

With 2 variants.

Every other book like Miles Morales and Black Panther has 3 books coming out.

Spectacular Member

This is the company that charged people four bucks for Squirrel Girl, if that wasn't a joke I don't know what is.

If this comic isn't a joke based on the number of downvotes on Youtube I'm under the impression nobody thinks it's very funny.

Ultimate Member

The concept and naming convention of the characters is very dumb.

Besides the fact that the names will likely date the characters in a few years, it does come across as a bit amateurish. Yes, there is some troubling nonsense on the Internet (comicsgate being one of them) but analyze the situation closely and you’ll see that comicsgate has all but imploded. There’s no point in trying to engage these crowds in any meaningful manner. Creators really should ignore the dishonest rabble and not lean into the rubbish that comes out from stuff like comicsgate and gamergate. It’s giving the trolls far too much attention.

All this being said, it’s just a mini-series and the story being told might not be as bad as some expect. Funnily enough, if not for all the controversy, i probably wouldn’t have interest in it at all but now I fully intend on reading the title.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well it looks like the book is coming out September 2.

With 2 variants.

Every other book like Miles Morales and Black Panther has 3 books coming out.
    No, it isn't. That's a placeholder date. Do you really think three issues of Miles and all three remaining Black Panther issues will release on the same day? Of course not! By the way, Miles should only have two issues listed for that date - the one solicited for April is out on June 10th.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-26-2020 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Adding quote because thread merge caused my reply to be split from the post I was responding to
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Careful, mentioning "those guys" might get you in trouble. And assuming all the fallout is coming from those guys is wrong; the Youtube promo video has a ridiculous number of down votes; those guys didn't generate those.

Quote Originally Posted by katefan View Post
    This is the company that charged people four bucks for Squirrel Girl, if that wasn't a joke I don't know what is.

If this comic isn't a joke based on the number of downvotes on Youtube I'm under the impression nobody thinks it's very funny.
    Unbeatable Squirrel Girl was well worth the price charged for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    The concept and naming convention of the characters is very dumb.

Besides the fact that the names will likely date the characters in a few years, it does come across as a bit amateurish. Yes, there is some troubling nonsense on the Internet (comicsgate being one of them) but analyze the situation closely and you’ll see that comicsgate has all but imploded. There’s no point in trying to engage these crowds in any meaningful manner. Creators really should ignore the dishonest rabble and not lean into the rubbish that comes out from stuff like comicsgate and gamergate. It’s giving the trolls far too much attention.

All this being said, it’s just a mini-series and the story being told might not be as bad as some expect.
    Funnily enough, if not for all the controversy, i probably wouldn’t have interest in it at all but now I fully intend on reading the title.
    Quoted with high lighted text bolded for truth. Do...Not...Feed...The..."Gater" trolls, to quote a UK Folk singer (who is a little to anti capitalist for my tastes) "Let'em starve"
    Meet the new Blu_Spyder,
    same as the old Arachne_Azure

"If Life doesn't give you some sugar to go with the lemons
    your lemonade is gonna suck
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Snowflake and Safespace are my two favorite Marvel heroes.
    NO! They're my not-favorite Marvel heroes. I want to score some of that "internets gas", sounds...great. Diabetes girl is the new hawtness.