Incredible Member

Default Has Batman ever used an Android duplicate?

I know that Superman used to have his "Superman Robots", but has Batman ever used robot duplicates to take his place, temporarily, in any of his incarnations? I would think that, given his connections and resources, he'd try to have one at least once, before deciding to simply keep his crime fighting to himself (or to a trusted ally).

BANNED

I can only think of examples of robot doppelgangers built to fight batman. like that one btas episode.

here's something from jla #13, where the justice league has to fight robot versions of themselves:

When you've got a dozen sidekicks who can wear the cowl temporarily and have the tech where Alfred can look and sound like Bruce for video calls, what's the need? For a short time emergency he's covered.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

He has a robot Batman to guard the cave while he was away in Rebirth Teen Titans #26

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    When you've got a dozen sidekicks who can wear the cowl temporarily and have the tech where Alfred can look and sound like Bruce for video calls, what's the need? For a short time emergency he's covered.
    Yeah, in recent history he tends to just have Dick cover for him, if Bruce and Batman need to appear in the same place. Though I suppose right now he'd have to use Tim instead (Damian's too small, Jason wouldn't agree, and Luke and Duke can't do it because they're black). And like you said, Alfred has imitated Bruce on the phone... though that wouldn't work if it was a video call.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Yeah I don't think DC would allow that because then Bruce truly then would become Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, in recent history he tends to just have Dick cover for him, if Bruce and Batman need to appear in the same place. Though I suppose right now he'd have to use Tim instead (Damian's too small, Jason wouldn't agree, and Luke and Duke can't do it because they're black). And like you said, Alfred has imitated Bruce on the phone... though that wouldn't work if it was a video call.
    Eh, the video call was an example from one of the animated movies. Live CGI motion capture type thing. Not that far out considering deep fakes exist today.

Fantastic Member

IIRC he used a robot duplicate sometimes in the 60s TV show.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Eh, the video call was an example from one of the animated movies. Live CGI motion capture type thing. Not that far out considering deep fakes exist today.
    He did that in Batman: Bad Blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberstrike View Post
    He did that in Batman: Bad Blood.
    Yep, that was the animated movie all right. If they haven't used that in the books, they should. Seemed smart and real world enough to work.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

DC Fandom.Wiki has a list of BATMAN ROBOT appearances.

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Category:...ot/Appearances