Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Watchmen's cumulative viewing over the whole season was 7 million. It premiered at 750,000. It's finale got 1.6 million. That's HBO.

If the standard for success is 20 million viewers, thats ridiculous.
    You pull that from Hollywood Reporter? The 7 million was the average per episode across all media. THR estimates that 90% of the viewers watched it after it aired on TV.

Anyway, a million viewers on HBO is not the same as a million viewers on CW. People pay extra money to watch HBO; that's HBO's barrier to entry for its viewers. For the CW, the barrier to entry is having to call your cable provider to find out if they carry the CW network. Thank goodness for those new remotes that let you say the station name, because what a hassle it'd be to keep flipping through hundreds of channels before you arrive to the right one... Whether or not you like the content, HBO shows are considered prestige television, with high budgets and extra press coverage.

BTW, are there sites that actually show Netflix viewership counts, as crappy of a metric as that is? Trending now is algorithm-based on the actual user's viewing habits. I saw The Flash trending for me, but that's because I watch all sorts of superhero content on Netflix, and my friend who may or may not borrow my account (and may or may not lend me his D+... ) watches some superhero-related stuff, too.
    Last edited by DochaDocha; 05-26-2020 at 06:59 PM.