Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default The six major factions in the Warhammer 40k galaxy are given Infinity Gems...

Each of the six major powers in the 40k galaxy(Barring the Tyranids, since they're mindless animals) are given one of the Infinity Gems from the 616 Marvel Universe by act of God. For this scenario, the gems work despite this not being their home universe.

The Imperium of Man is given the Power Gem. The Eldar are given the Time Gem. The Dark Eldar are given the Mind Gem. The Necrons are given the Soul Gem. The Orks are given the Reality Gem. The Tau are given the Space Gem.

Which faction best makes use of their new powers? Does this event shift the tide a bit and break the 10,000 year galactic stalemate?
    Last edited by Dr Will Hatch; 05-24-2020 at 12:22 AM.

Incredible Member

Planet: (explodes)

Orks: Still not enough dakka...

Ha. Never enough Dakka.

Also the Tyranid as a whole are not mindless, they have a great hive mind controlling everything, just lesser ones need smart bugs to be effective.

And the Orks stomp. Their super power as belief. The more orks belief and harder they believe, it works.

So if all the Orks unities, they could the write reality so the stone works for them how they wish, every time.

In reality they would consider that too boring and prefer to fight the good fight. The Eldar would be interesting. The Imperium would use power stone to fuel their efforts, Necrons I am not sure. Need a living body/soul for it to work for you.

The Tyranids are *not* mindless animals.

Also, the Tau are *not* a major faction.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

the Nids are not mindless. it's just they are just so utterly alien to us that we can't really comprehend them in any way.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    Also, the Tau are *not* a major faction.
    I've never been a big WH40K guy, I fell off the franchise when I was still a teenager but this description of the Tau as major players definitely made me confused.

I figured it must be an update to the lore or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I've never been a big WH40K guy, I fell off the franchise when I was still a teenager but this description of the Tau as major players definitely made me confused.

I'm not that versed in 40k lore, but they got like, 300 planets. Which is basically a rounding error as far as the other factions are concerned.

They're a *playable* faction because they're cool and provide a unique approach to gameplay. They're irrelevant as far as lore is concerned.

The Taus big deal is they can adapt/leap/jump technology levels faster than any other faction, do not depend on warp for anything, and smart enough not to murder all in their way but allow them to join them.

Numbers wise they are too puny to be a major deal. Though in meta canon when they were introduced their world count expands “a lot”.

Still not major compared to the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    The Taus big deal is they can adapt/leap/jump technology levels faster than any other faction, do not depend on warp for anything, and smart enough not to murder all in their way but allow them to join them.

Numbers wise they are too puny to be a major deal. Though in meta canon when they were introduced their world count expands “a lot”.

Still not major compared to the rest.
    Not depending on the warp is *not* a good thing. Basically, the Tau have established themselves as having better baseline tech than the Imperium and on a straight numerical basis punch above their weight. So why don't they simply steamroll through Imperium worlds and take the resources for themselves? Because they lack warp-based transport, that's why! Tau FTL is significantly slower than warp FTL, if much more reliable. However, that drastically limits their rate of expansion and battle capabilities - every faction simply has better logistics than they do.

The only faction that reliably and quickly travels without warp shenanigans in 40k are the Necrons.

True. Necrons are op. And I know non Warp is inferior, just to make them unique not advantage.

plus, they aren't really stacked with uber soldiers like the imperium has.

outside of captain farsight, i am not aware of any major warriors/generals from the tau.

but like a lot of dudes here, i am not up on tau lore right now.

Yeah the Tau have fancy guns, Mecha suits, Merck’s, but that’s it. The main lore to them is while the Orks evolve to be tougher and Nids in general, Tau adapt tech wise against their foes. Plot wise they made their own crisis suit version of a power fist. Just to kill tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Yeah the Tau have fancy guns, Mecha suits, Merck’s, but that’s it. The main lore to them is while the Orks evolve to be tougher and Nids in general, Tau adapt tech wise against their foes. Plot wise they made their own crisis suit version of a power fist. Just to kill tanks.
    little kitten: THEY CAN'T EVEN FIGHT IN MELEE!!

Yep. They also have weird sight so they need laser pointers for better accuracy. Tau suck.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

The guess way that I interpret the lore is that the Tau are in this really advantageous Catch-22 situation. None of the major players in the galaxy will attack them because they are too insignificant of an empire to draw resources away from bigger threats, but the longer that everyone waits, the stronger the Tau become. When say the Imperium *does* have time to exterminate the Tau, it will be too late to do that.