Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    As for respect, I think Ben Grimm is right up there near the top as well.

Even in JLA/Avengers Captain America referred to him as one of the finest men he knows.
    Definately deserves to be up there. In my Mount Rushmore it's Cap, with Spidey and Ben right behind him.

That's how you knew who was "right" in Civil War. When Cap, Spidey and Thing are all against it (Ben was neutral but felt it was wrong), it's practically marvel begging you to root for the other side.

Spectacular Member Kuro no Shinigami's Avatar

Iron Man is the most respected by the general public, because everyone knows he is Tony Stark, the billionaire industrialist.

BANNED

I don’t think there is a Hero in the Marvel Universe that ALL Super-Heroes Respect. Not everyone is going to have deep admiration and feelings for someone based on their status or powers or what not. I don’t think that’s possible.

But if I HAD to guess the only two people that come to mind is Reed Richards and Professor Xavier.

Astonishing Member

I imagine Iron Man is talked about a lot, but is probably one of the most controversial heroes in the MU. Some like him, others think he is overrated. Others may not like him at all. It would depend on the person's opinion of industrialists.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 05-27-2020 at 01:39 PM.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberstrike View Post
    Captain America.
    That’s interesting, because I recall seeing many lose respect for him after how Civil War made him look like a jerkass.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    That’s interesting, because I recall seeing many lose respect for him after how Civil War made him look like a jerkass.
    Cap was FAR from being the one to act like the biggest jerkass in Civil War, particularly as he wasn’t the one committing human rights atrocities in the name of ‘security’. But regardless, Cap came back from the dead (and from being stuck reliving the worst battles of WW2 and the death of his beloved mother) and immediately led the strike against Osborn, my dude didn’t even take a day to recover from that horrid experience, so any ill-will the Marvel public at large felt towards him for leading the anti-registration side was forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    That is so interesting that he got hate mail.

One of my favorite moments from Brubaker's run is where Steve gets to live in his dream world of what America should be like. He says it's a world where we "saved ourselves from greed and short-sightedness." I always interpreted that as Brubaker implying that Steve isn't a capitalist. He just found a uncontroversial way to say it.
    True. And Brubaker is far from the only writer to say it. Roger Stern refers to Steve as a New Deal Democrat. And Gruenwald wrote this...

Funnily, I don't think a woman has been cited.
    So, in the women departnent, I would nominate… well, personal choice, Gamora.
    Level-headed, good-natured woman. Deserved to be known.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Actually a good point there. I would say, at least on Earth, the Wasp (Janet van Dyne), Invisible Woman, and She-Hulk rank pretty highly in terms of heroic respect and credibility, especially She-Hulk in her other day job as a lawyer, since one could construe that as her saving and defending lives whether she's in costume/Hulk mode or not.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Not sure to list mutants like Storm since I’m not sure how much the antagonism between the humans and mutants have died down, but I’d suggest:

Invisible Woman

Captain Marvel

Black Widow

Wasp

She-Hulk

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Not sure to list mutants like Storm since I’m not sure how much the antagonism between the humans and mutants have died down, but I’d suggest:

Invisible Woman

Captain Marvel

Black Widow

Wasp

She-Hulk
    That's a pretty solid Top 5.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

My Top 3:

Captain America

Mr. Fantastic

Daredevil

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro no Shinigami View Post
    Iron Man is the most respected by the general public, because everyone knows he is Tony Stark, the billionaire industrialist.
    But this wasn't always the case, and people forget that because of the MCU. Iron Man was respected for a long time as a founding Avenger and Tony Stark's "bodyguard", at least up until Armor Wars.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    In universe I'd say Sue Richards.

Invisible Woman

Captain Marvel

Black Widow

Wasp

She-Hulk
    Honestly I think Storm being a mutant is the only reason she's not at the top of the female list.

She had a good long run as a team leader in the X-Men, in addition to being Queen of a nation. And she was an Avenger for 2 seconds. But yeah... the X-Men rep sort of brings her down.