Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    But adventuring with the kid in Iron Man was ok?
    That's probably not okay either... but publically advertising that you are employing this kid to work for you is probably not a good idea.

There's a lot less accountability if they just happen to be showing up to deal with the same problem as opposed to actively recruiting him to work for you.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Total lack of governmental authority or the presence of the military of any sovereign nation in weird conflicts, especially against Thanos.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 05-25-2020 at 04:32 PM.

"Stegosaurus!" OrangeRangerPete's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JamesonAnders View Post
    What makes you raise an eyebrow in the MCU?
    The fact that so many important things happen and/or are resolved off-camera.

Bruce and the Hulk's falling out was a big part of "Infinity War" ... and it got resolved off-camera. Whatever happened with the Sokovia accords? Several movies existed, with substantial plot points framed around these things, and they seem to have just been quietly shelved off-camera. Understandable, sure, since half the Universe ceased to exist and the world had bigger problems, but if you could resolve this long-standing thing with one line of dialogue ("Yeah, we're not doing them anymore. Ross was a jerk, wasn't he?"), then, why haven't you?
    Australian adventurer, and Orange Ranger.

BANNED

Tony Stark never seeming to suffer any concussion, broken bones or brain injury despite being pummeled in that tin can over and over.

Hawkeye

Everything about him. SHIELD would not recruit an archer. I'm sure that they have plenty of marksmen. But someone who only carries a bow and gets a special Avengers costume to set him above everyone else is beyond ridiculous. There's a reason why he's a circus performer in the comics. Imagine that you've joined the police department. They assign you a sidearm. "Oh no. I don't need that." Pulls out a slingshot. "I'm deadly accurate with this."
    There's definitely a great untold backstory for Hawkeye somewhere in there. Maybe when he was trained as a spy, he had to use low-tech weapons so as not to be found by metal detectors. He rose in the ranks of SHIELD and by the time he earned a high position, no one could tell him not to use his preferred weaponry.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Total lack of governmental authority or the presence of the military of any sovereign nation in weird conflicts, especially against Thanos.
    The Wakandan government and army was fully cooperative with the heroes when it came to battling Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeRangerPete View Post
    The fact that so many important things happen and/or are resolved off-camera.

Bruce and the Hulk's falling out was a big part of "Infinity War" ... and it got resolved off-camera. Whatever happened with the Sokovia accords? Several movies existed, with substantial plot points framed around these things, and they seem to have just been quietly shelved off-camera. Understandable, sure, since half the Universe ceased to exist and the world had bigger problems, but if you could resolve this long-standing thing with one line of dialogue ("Yeah, we're not doing them anymore. Ross was a jerk, wasn't he?"), then, why haven't you?
    Is Rhodey still court-martialed?

"Stegosaurus!" OrangeRangerPete's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Is Rhodey still court-martialed?
    Who knows?

But that's what I mean. This was a big deal for a substantial part of, what, phase 2? Phase 3? Whatever. We should have some resolution to this thing! Even one line to explain that we're not doing it anymore, that would be enough.
    Australian adventurer, and Orange Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    The Wakandan government and army was fully cooperative with the heroes when it came to battling Thanos.
    That made it even more outlandish. No real world intervention alongside that, at all.

That made it even more outlandish. No real world intervention alongside that, at all.
    In the least, I do think some sort of SHIELD presence should have been there. Nick Fury, Maria and a a couple SHIELD agents popping out of a portal wouldn't have been the worst thing in the world. Fury was a big part of the Avengers, so I think it would have made sense.

The real world intervention thing made perfect sense imo.

In Infinity War - Its clearly shown that Ross is being a dickhead and he's the guy in charge of the Sokovia Accords and thus how the Avengers deal with extra-human affairs, of which an alien invasion is one. No point getting the US Military involved when they'll all get murdered.

Endgame - 50% of the planets dead, I doubt the militaries of the world are at peak condition. Also Thanos arrival was so abrupt that only portals or Super Wakandan Tech would have been able to actually get anyone there quick enough.

Hawkeye

Everything about him. SHIELD would not recruit an archer. I'm sure that they have plenty of marksmen. But someone who only carries a bow and gets a special Avengers costume to set him above everyone else is beyond ridiculous. There's a reason why he's a circus performer in the comics. Imagine that you've joined the police department. They assign you a sidearm. "Oh no. I don't need that." Pulls out a slingshot. "I'm deadly accurate with this."
    I always wished they woulda found other ways to show Clints Talents and make him not seem out of his league. He can choose to use a Bow but they need to have some crazy scene where he's forced to pick up a gun and just does something insane. Or have Tony's targeting system get damaged and he toses Clint a gauntlet and he shoots something out the sky with little effort(Think EMH did this). AoU already poked fun out of the fact hes out his league but show me something crazy that makes you go " Oh OK that's why they have him around." So many cool visual they could do if they would made him more like Bullseye or Ultimate Clint. Deadly accurate with anything at anytime. Lol even a fingernail or toothpick.

As far as the topic, power scaling has had some issues. Bound to happen though in film just like the comics with different writers coming and going. Making things fit into the growing world. But yea A, b, and C hurting character X but later something much worse not hurting the same character. Or strength feats etc..
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 05-26-2020 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post

In Infinity War - Its clearly shown that Ross is being a dickhead and he's the guy in charge of the Sokovia Accords and thus how the Avengers deal with extra-human affairs, of which an alien invasion is one. No point getting the US Military involved when they'll all get murdered. A

Endgame - 50% of the planets dead, I doubt the militaries of the world are at peak condition. Also Thanos arrival was so abrupt that only portals or Super Wakandan Tech would have been able to actually get anyone there quick enough.
    The US military turning up during the hour long battle with Thanos at Avengers HQ would have been as ridiculous as if Stryker’s helicopters had turned up within five minutes of the X mansion blowing up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sammy_hansen View Post
    Tony Stark never seeming to suffer any concussion, broken bones or brain injury despite being pummeled in that tin can over and over.
    I have thought the same thing for years. In my head canon, I explain it by assuming he found a way to synthesize many of the properties of vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post

In Infinity War - Its clearly shown that Ross is being a dickhead and he's the guy in charge of the Sokovia Accords and thus how the Avengers deal with extra-human affairs, of which an alien invasion is one. No point getting the US Military involved when they'll all get murdered.

Felt like it lacked any real world presence.

There would be SOME response.

Astonishing Member

Felt like it lacked any real world presence.

There would be SOME response.
    Agreed. Nukes would be launched at least. That can be done remotely. And it was done in Avengers 1 when Aliens were invading New York. But, on the other hand I can also buy that they learned to rely on Avengers to handle it since then maybe.

Especially since Iron Man himself had to divert the nuke in A1.

Hawkeye

Trick arrows, though!