Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
Smallville is about clark kent. I believe the creators themselves have said that much. Superman and kal l play support. Moreover, superman identity, clark kent and kal l were all fledglings. Did i say he needs to be called superman? I didn't, i said the opposite in my previous post. "The strongman always existed. He was just named superman later on" . Every "hero" or sometimes even "villain" wants to better the world. That isn't much of a story. It's the modus operandi that makes these identities and heroes/villains different. Superman is a strongman vigilante. So he is about pure unadulterated physicality. Clark is about language skills and search for truth. Kal l is about logic and reasoning .They all have same motives. (cough! Same guy who doesn't have disorder ). But, they all work differently. Well,it would be wrong in the sense that the modus operandi that was promised(in title) will not be delivered if clark is focused,not superman.like i said, harry potter book should absolutely be about harry. If it's about hermoine it wouldn't be wrong in universe. But, it would be wrong for the readers.You easily mitigate that, tell it upfront. Superman american alien was meant to be called clark kent:American alien. So, that identity, function.. Etc being focused wouldn't be wrong.
You still seem to be using your personal terms as if they were universal terms.

Clark Kent is not a universal term for language skills. Kal-L is not a term meaning "logic and reasoning". That might be what you think of when you hear/read the terms but it isn't the same thing everyone else thinks. And the quote "Clark is who I am, Superman is what I can do" certainly isn't meant to be understood as the character saying he is only "language skills and search for truth" or that Clark is rejecting logic and reasoning because he doesn't use the term Kal-L.