Spectacular Member

Question What did Constantine do that upset Zatana in the Lords of Order story?

Hi guys

In the Lords of Order story in Justice League Dark, it was reviled that Constantine and Zatana's father did something that
    upset Zatana badlly.

What did they do, why did it upset her, and how bad was it?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_E_88 View Post
    Hi guys

In the Lords of Order story in Justice League Dark, it was reviled that Constantine and Zatana's father did something that
    upset Zatana badlly.

I can't recall off hand, other than that both her and Constantine were accidently responsible for his death in a spell gone wrong if I recall correctly. I do think there was also something more recent, a quite deal between Constantine and her father to protect her, but hopefully someone else will be able to shed more light on it in this forum.

Constantine and Zatanna have had an on/off thing for quite sometime, an underlying romantic tension, despite Constantine being very liberal in picking his relationship partners.

It happened in Alan Moore’s Swamp Thing run. Basically Constantine is responsible for her dad dying. I highly recommend Moore’s Swamp Thing for you to read, it’s where Constantine first appeared and he’s got great moments in it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    I can't recall off hand, other than that both her and Constantine were accidently responsible for his death in a spell gone wrong if I recall correctly. I do think there was also something more recent, a quite deal between Constantine and her father to protect her, but hopefully someone else will be able to shed more light on it in this forum.

Constantine and Zatanna have had an on/off thing for quite sometime, an underlying romantic tension, despite Constantine being very liberal in picking his relationship partners.
    If I remember correctly, Madam Xanadu was involved in that deal in some way. I think it was a deal with Constantine, Xanadu, and Zatana's father without Zatana knowing a thing about it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post

Zatara gives Constantine a special ruby from beyond the grave in the arc previous to lord of order

Hi guys

upset Zatana badlly.

They got drunk and had sex.

She saw a copy of Justice League Dark: Apocalypse her father had and decided to watch it.

Zatara pulled a Vader and is also Constantine's father making their relationship awkward.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    She saw a copy of Justice League Dark: Apocalypse her father had and decided to watch it.

Zatara pulled a Vader and is also Constantine's father making their relationship awkward.
    Wait....you mean Zatana and Constantine are brother and sister?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I mean the guy is responsible for her almost dying and then her father volunteering to be a human barbecue on her behalf, so there's always some disdain there. It's from Alan Moore's Swamp Thing run. My memory of that scene is a bit hazy so perhaps it's time to reread it.

Wait....you mean Zatana and Constantine are brother and sister?
    Nah, I'm just messing with ya.