Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    An idea I had was to combine them with Ares' kids since gods (even minor ones) tend to have multiple names and titles associated with them.
    I've thought this too a couple times. Which one would be which?

I know Deimos called himself the "master of deceit" in the Perez run, and he's the head honcho of the kids. Maybe he would be Deception?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I've thought this too a couple times. Which one would be which?

I know Deimos called himself the "master of deceit" in the Perez run, and he's the head honcho of the kids. Maybe he would be Deception?
    Yeah, Deimos is who I usually peg for a new Duke of Deception incarnation. Plus classic comic book alliteration with "Deimos, Duke of Deception".

Phobos for a new Lord Conquest since in mythology Phobos was more to represent fear brought by war which could somewhat reasonably fit in with something like Lord Conquest.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Were it up to me I'd make Maxwell Lord the Duke of Deception. His mind control powers and manipulative nature already make him that in all but name and it would strengthen his ties to the Wonder Woman mythos.
    BRILLIANT retcon for Lord in the comics, with the WW84 film coming out. I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I really like Inversion - what a horrifying concept.
    I think Gault's Brain was on that list, somewhere. Someone really should get these two, together!
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 05-26-2020 at 07:00 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I actually think that the evils Deception, Greed and Conquest represent may be more relevant today than the evils of Ares's mythological kids.
    I agree. I just want to populate Wonder Woman’s world with lots of her characters and concepts.

To me, there’s room for Deimos, Phobos, and Eris and for Ares to have some human lackeys promoting his will on Earth simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    An idea I had was to combine them with Ares' kids since gods (even minor ones) tend to have multiple names and titles associated with them.
    That’s definitely an option, but my impulse has been to have his divine kids and his earthly commanders exist alongside on another. I like the potential complexity of their relationships and rivalries and Ares stoking the fires of mistrust and competition between the godlings and his human servants.

Any of these gents, considered lady killers, in the traditional sense? Seems like most of Diana's gentleman foes are grotesques or outright monsters.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 05-28-2020 at 03:44 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!