Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Geoff Johns wants to write Hulk

In to a recent interview Geoff Johns is asked what characters he would like to write that he hasn't had the chance to so far. He says:

I love Hulk, I’ve always loved the Hulk. I have a Hulk story I’d like to tell someday.
    Now, as far as I know he doesn't have any DC work announced post Three Jokers which is coming out later this year, and even that is only a 3 issue mini series. DC can keep Bendis but give us Johns in return is what I say.

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    In to a recent interview Geoff Johns is asked what characters he would like to write that he hasn't had the chance to so far. He says:

Now, as far as I know he doesn't have any DC work announced post Three Jokers which is coming out later this year, and even that is only a 3 issue mini series. DC can keep Bendis but give us Johns in return is what I say.
    Johns is still writing Shazam! But it had a weird shipping schedule even before the virus.

I have always been a big Geoff Johns fan and several of his runs at DC are in my favorite runs of all time, especially his work with the JSA. I would be interested to see what he could do at Marvel.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Al Ewing is writing the Hulk. Unless Johns is aware of and following in the footsteps of that story, I don't really have any interest in a dramatic change in status quo any time soon. Maybe a flashback story? IIRC, Johns is no longer under an exclusive contract with DC.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Johns is still writing Shazam! But it had a weird shipping schedule even before the virus.
    His last issue is #13... So only 2 issues left, whenever those come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Al Ewing is writing the Hulk. Unless Johns is aware of and following in the footsteps of that story, I don't really have any interest in a dramatic change in status quo any time soon. Maybe a flashback story? IIRC, Johns is no longer under an exclusive contract with DC.
    Maybe he could write a separate mini or take over after Ewing has concluded his story?

Either way, I'd love to see Johns come over to Marvel. The guy has written some of my favorite comics in the last decade or so.

BANNED

I remember Geoff doing an interview a few years back and saying the same thing, so that's now Geoff and Scott Snyder from DC who both confirmed recently that the character they wanna write the most next is Hulk, interesting.

I think it's likely because there is a lot of potential with Hulk as Pak said you can write any story with him because he works in every setting and seeing as he is a fairly complex character, a writer can flex their story telling skills with him.

No it isn't. Issue #14 was supposed to just be a fill-in (they prepared two). Johns should be back with issue 15... though since the virus will give him time to catch up, I wouldn't be surprised if the solicit gets updated and #14 ends up being a Johns issue.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No it isn't. Issue #14 was supposed to just be a fill-in (they prepared two). Johns should be back with issue 15... though since the virus will give him time to catch up, I wouldn't be surprised if the solicit gets updated and #14 ends up being a Johns issue.
    Hmm. I was pretty sure I read somewhere that he was out with issue #13 upon concluding the current arc, but now that I looked for confirmation online I couldn't find anything. Maybe youre right.

Astonishing Member

Maybe he could write a separate mini or take over after Ewing has concluded his story?

Either way, I'd love to see Johns come over to Marvel. The guy has written some of my favorite comics in the last decade or so.
    He has been at Marvel before. Was the writer on The Avengers and he did a Vision mini-series (which focused on the history between Vision and Jim Hammond). Snyder did a Iron-man story, but he never really took off with them and headed over to Vertigo before finding work on main DC titles.

John's gave a interview with CBR in the lead up to Blackest Night. One of the questions they asked was about his writing process and John's mentioned that he plots a rough synopsis for each issue and that is how he finds out how long his overall story will.be. The number of issues and so forth. The interviewer asked if there were other characters he has done that for and he said he had a notebook filled with a 50 issue Iron-man run he hoped to write one day.

I remember the above because I am a big Iron-man fan (Hulk as well).

His Avengers is pretty good. It only lasts 19 issues and had the arduous task of following Busiek.

BANNED

You know, if he actually came over to Marvel I wouldn't want him to work on Hulk, Iron Man or even The Avengers. I would want him on lesser known characters because it's those that he truly excels with. I mean he even made Aquaman a household name over at DC. But that's just me.

Should read his Avengers some day though.

Astonishing Member

You know, if he actually came over to Marvel I wouldn't want him to work on Hulk, Iron Man or even The Avengers. I would want him on lesser known characters because it's those that he truly excels with. I mean he even made Aquaman a household name over at DC. But that's just me.

Should read his Avengers some day though.
    He does. He also handles Golden Age heroes well.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    He has been at Marvel before. Was the writer on The Avengers…

…His Avengers is pretty good. It only lasts 19 issues and had the arduous task of following Busiek.
    And his last arc, "The Search for She-Hulk" had Hulk towards the end though his role was a supporting one.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Johns on a Marvel book again would just feel so weird. I know he worked at the company before but apparently even back then editorial knew he was going to jump ship to DC eventually.

Hmm. I was pretty sure I read somewhere that he was out with issue #13 upon concluding the current arc, but now that I looked for confirmation online I couldn't find anything. Maybe youre right.
    Newsarama did do such an article - but they got it wrong.

https://twitter.com/JeffLoveness/sta...10723788431361
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Johns on a Marvel book again would just feel so weird. I know he worked at the company before but apparently even back then editorial knew he was going to jump ship to DC eventually.
    Well he is a self professed DC fanatic after all. I believe he mostly read DC growing up, with Flash being his favorite. But he's been playing in that toy box for a long time now, maybe it's time for something little different. Who knows?

Well he is a self professed DC fanatic after all. I believe he mostly read DC growing up, with Flash being his favorite. But he's been playing in that toy box for a long time now, maybe it's time for something little different. Who knows?
    I thought Johns’ Avengers run was terrible. Some of the most decompressed storytelling I’ve ever seen.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver