Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    1. How does it move the planets? As in, what motions does Jin do with the staff. Does it just hold it forward and let it extend, or does heswing it like a bat, etc.
    It can extend and grow. You point it at the thing and it will zip forward at like... a significant chunk of lightspeed at max and can shove really hard.

Extraordinary Member

Well, It's still physical force, so I'd say the physical equalization kicks in if Yeoui is used that way.

Well, It's still physical force, so I'd say the physical equalization kicks in if Yeoui is used that way.
    In what manner though? Sakaki doesn't have a weapon and Mori himself isn't that strong at the time of using it.

Does Sakaki just get a super hard punch if the staff is used?

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Yeah, I'm not understanding why or how Sakaki would immediately counter or gain the powers of Yeoui as it's a weapon that Jin uses and not an independent fighter by itself. It doesn't have anything to do with physical stat amping(like his Cloak or energy multiplication) and it's size changing powers shouldn't really be added to his opponent as a counter to it.

Also his Cloak which adds defense shouldn't be copied to his opponent as it's a jacket. I can see if you want to ban it here. But his Energy Amping should be a technique and not given to his opponent as well as it's not Goku going Super Saiyan, it has major drawbacks to the user and a defense stratagy of his opponents when he uses it is to try and out last him until it wears off. So it would be more like a Kamehameha which was ruled as useable imo.

As for him fighting with Yeoui he always fights with it if it's allowed, and he treats it as an extension of himself so he would definitely use it in this tournament.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    Yeah, I'm not understanding why or how Sakaki would immediately counter or gain the powers of Yeoui as it's a weapon that Jin uses and not an independent fighter by itself. It doesn't have anything to do with physical stat amping(like his Cloak or energy multiplication) and it's size changing powers shouldn't really be added to his opponent as a counter to it.

Also his Cloak which adds defense shouldn't be copied to his opponent as it's a jacket. I can see if you want to ban it here. But his Energy Amping should be a technique and not given to his opponent as well as it's not Goku going Super Saiyan, it has major drawbacks to the user and a defense stratagy of his opponents when he uses it is to try and out last him until it wears off. So it would be more like a Kamehameha which was ruled as useable imo.

As for him fighting with Yeoui he always fights with it if it's allowed, and he treats it as an extension of himself so he would definitely use it in this tournament.
    1. Sakaki wouldn't get any of the staff's powers. He'd just be able to hit with the same force. The goal here is to have the fights not be decided by who hits the hardest, but by who is more skilled and has the better techniques.

2. As I've said, I haven't the series Jin is from. If something has a drawback, I need to be told what it is in order for it to be factored into my ruling.

1. Sakaki wouldn't get any of the staff's powers. He'd just be able to hit with the same force. The goal here is to have the fights not be decided by who hits the hardest, but by who is more skilled and has the better techniques.
    So, to be clear, if Mori uses Yeoui to exert any force greater than that which can be generated by his own physical stats, his opponent will be physically raised to that level in terms of strength. Have I got that right?

2. As I've said, I haven't the series Jin is from. If something has a drawback, I need to be told what it is in order for it to be factored into my ruling.
    Okay, so Jaebongchim.

Using his mastery over pressure points and acupuncture, known collectively as Nabongchim, one of the effects Mori can create is to amplify his own physical stats on a basic multiplication factor (x2, x4, x8, etc) with a technique known as Jaebongchim. This can be done up to absurdly high levels, the highest he's done it was to x250,000 at which point he was temporarily extinguishing the Sun by kicking near it. The downside is the higher the multiplication, the shorter the time he can maintain it and the steeper the rebound when the technique ends.

Rebound basically means his body is severely damaged by using the technique and it hurts him more the higher it goes. Once you hit the 100,000s levels, he's looking at being unconscious for like a month.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 05-26-2020 at 01:20 PM.

Jin has a technique that he mastered from his Grandpa who also used it called a "Recoil-less Kick" which on technique alone basically gets rid of the wasted movement that a regular kick has and the end result is a kick that is faster/stronger than any other kind of kick.

So if Jin was facing a Clone of himself with the same physical stats but who doesn't know how to use it and they attack each other with a kick than Jin's Recoil-less Kick would beat Jins regular kick. So would that Martial Arts Technique be wasted and rendered useless because his opponent who doesn't know how to use any Recoil-less techniques is made equal to him here?

The drawback for him Amping himself up is that it normally only lasts for seconds or minutes if he pushes himself and when it ends he suffers horrible pain that leaves him wide open to attack, so it's a double edge sword that makes it more of a last chance power up. If he uses it for small boosts only he still feels extreme pain but could fight on afterwards and not be paralysed.

Edit: Ninja'd by Nik, but agree with everything he said.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    So, to be clear, if Mori uses Yeoui to exert any force greater than that which can be generated by his own physical stats, his opponent will be physically raised to that level in terms of strength. Have I got that right?

Okay, so Jaebongchim.

Using his mastery over pressure points and acupuncture, known collectively as Nabongchim, one of the effects Mori can create is to amplify his own physical stats on a basic multiplication factor (x2, x4, x8, etc) with a technique known as Jaebongchim. This can be done up to absurdly high levels, the highest he's done it was to x250,000 at which point he was temporarily extinguishing the Sun by kicking near it. The downside is the higher the multiplication, the shorter the time he can maintain it and the steeper the rebound when the technique ends.

Rebound basically means his body is severely damaged by using the technique and it hurts him more the higher it goes. Once you hit the 100,000s levels, he's looking at being unconscious for like a month.
    1. Yes, that is my intent.

If you think it would be more fair, I could instead change it so that Yeoui and weapons of that nature are limited to only exerting a much force as Jin's physical stats.

2. Okay, that kind of power boosting would still be equalized

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    Jin has a technique that he mastered from his Grandpa who also used it called a "Recoil-less Kick" which on technique alone basically gets rid of the wasted movement that a regular kick has and the end result is a kick that is faster/stronger than any other kind of kick.

So if Jin was facing a Clone of himself with the same physical stats but who doesn't know how to use it and they attack each other with a kick than Jin's Recoil-less Kick would beat Jins regular kick. So would that Martial Arts Technique be wasted and rendered useless because his opponent who doesn't know how to use any Recoil-less techniques is made equal to him here?

The drawback for him Amping himself up is that it normally only lasts for seconds or minutes if he pushes himself and when it ends he suffers horrible pain that leaves him wide open to attack, so it's a double edge sword that makes it more of a last chance power up. If he uses it for small boosts only he still feels extreme pain but could fight on afterwards and not be paralysed.

Edit: Ninja'd by Nik, but agree with everything he said.
    The benefits of the Recoil-less kick would not be equalized, because he's not literally increasing his power, he's applying his existing power in a manner that makes it more effective.

Okay, I can roll with these assessments. Thanks for the clarification.

Okay with the rules clarified, I'm going to put in my final votes:

Kenshiro vs Chang Koehan
    Chang has no feats of skill beyond being a big dude who swings a ball and chain around. Kenshiro has a superior range game, esoteric attacks, vast catalogues of his superior skill and technique and most of his home series is spent beating up big dudes who swing big weapons around.

I cannot see any form of argument that leads to Kenshiro losing this one.

2. Val Armorr vs Master Roshi
    I don't particularly want to say Val even though he's the obvious favourite. I mean, I feel there's a whole can of worms behind what "equalised stats" means to Intergalactic Super Karate which, all meme stuff aside, allows for Val to do things wildly above his apparent stats just essentially by saying the word "Skill" in an authoritative tone of voice.

In my mind, Roshi can just blast him from a distance and there's not much Val can do about it. Roshi has enough ki control to moderate his blasts to not be fatal so... yeah... I guess I go... for Roshi?

But even typing that doesn't seem right.

I'm going to think about this one some more.

3. Jin Mo-Ri vs Shio Sakaki
    Mori summons a bunch of clones at the bell and this fight becomes infinitely harder for Sakaki. Even though the clones are only 80% of Mori's total strength at maximum, they all come armed with their own weaker versions of Yeoui and can do, essentially everything Mori can. Sakaki will put up a good showing but he has to fight like... ten guys close to his own strength and then face up against someone exactly his equal.

He's just not got the esoteric chops for this.

4. Po the Panda vs Samurai Jack
    If Jack's sword can cut him, which it apparently can, Po is in a lot of trouble. He's highly skilled but Jack has decades of experience on him against much taller odds and is used to non-human combatants. Jack removes an arm or something, non-lethal(ish) and ends the fight pretty decisively.

Extraordinary Member

On the note of Po vs Jack, Pos does have access to some exoteric attacks from the show, like the Fluttering Finger Mindslip which can erase short term memories, and a blinding thunderclap

I'll reply to all matches tommorow. Haven't had time to dig into this yet.

Other than Sakaki, Po, Jack, and of course Roshi, I kind of need to dig into the others. I did with Karate Kid, which I kind of have to give the win to Roshi on, due to his ki attacks that are not only long range, but serve other purposes as well.

Po and Jack. Po is good. But Jack faced down a being that has ripped holes in time, warped reality, a shapeshifter, and who knows what other powers. As well as decades of experience against a wide variety of foes (as well as literal armies at times). So, gotta tip it to Jack here.

1. Kenshiro vs Chang Koehan
    --I think Kenshiro simply overwhelms Chang here. Ken has a ton more feats than Chang and has shown multiple techniques that can put him down and take the win.

2. Val Armorr vs Master Roshi
    --This is the best all out match up in the first round. Val has the upper hand in close combat over Roshi with his various "skills" that he bust out and counter Roshis physical attacks. While Roshi has the better ranged game with various Ki blasts and his AOE Containment Wave. If Roshi plays it safe and AOE's Val at a distance than it's his fight to lose. But if Val can counter the blasts and get up close to Roshi then the Hermit goes down. No clear winner imo yet.

3. Jin Mo-Ri vs Shio Sakaki
    __Shio is a great character and Mentor but his fighting style wouldn't be a good match up against Jin here. Sakaki is more of a straight up brawler/fighter who would try and overwhelm Jin with his size and power while Jin with his experience from fighting God's and Monsters and humans who use his own techniques and even some who adapt to styles on the fly has multiple ways to counter him.

Whether it's overwhelming him with clones, or using Yeoui to block and counter Sakakis more forceful attacks, and his Renewel/Recoiless Techniques to quickly strike and keep him off balance the whole fight, it's Jin Mori who would come out the winner here.

4. Po the Panda vs Samurai Jack
    __I think Po can take this. He has the better hth combat abilities and the better damage soak compared to Jack. Tho Jack has him in reflex speed and his sword skills are going to be a problem, but after a long duel I am leaning Po but can change with more input.
    Last edited by Darth Drizzle; 05-29-2020 at 08:46 PM.

Right, my votes

1: Kenshiro, as noted above, too many feats
    2: In Muten Roshi and his esoterics (from hypnosis to this electric paralysing attack, to the Mafuba if we spot him a container) I trust.
    3: Jin Mo-Ri does seem to have too much on his side to lose against my boy Sakaki.
    4: I'd say Jack, he is skilled in many martial arts, by the end of the series, he has cumulated, from the start of his training to the moment he kills Aku, at least sixty years of experience