Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What is the most effective combination of Infinity Stones? (616)

The Infinity Stones have been around in the 616-universe long enough to rack up some feats. We all understand that the combined power of all six stones is a huge threat in the 616 universe, with a synergy far beyond the abilities of the six separate stones. But which stones have the most effective synergy if a character could only wield two of them? My guess would be Reality + Power, but maybe the reality alteration comes up short without certain other stones, like say Mind or Time.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

IIRC, the Reality Gem is super difficult to use without the other Gems as well. I seem to recall Thanos needing a massive machine in order to do so, or something along those lines.

All together is the best duh.

Honestly the triple threat of Mind, Time, and Space is good.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Reality and Power is the goto combo. Reality is meh by itself, Power makes it feasible.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    All together is the best duh.

Honestly the triple threat of Mind, Time, and Space is good.
    Both statements are slightly insignificant when the question was "which two?"

But anyway, depending on the aim of the wielder, I think you can split them up into three pairs and get equal success: Time and Space, Reality and Power, Mind and Soul.

I would go with Mind Soul if just two or Mind/Time. The Soul combo means you can access all brains in universe, telekinesis, and soul allows you to grant yourself super powers.

The Time/Mind one is like being a shraingian ninja from Naruto.

I'm thinking space and Mind. I can be anywhere I want to be and I'd be able to read people's minds.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

I would think some would naturally complement one another, like space and time, or mind and soul, maybe? I suppose I was under the impression that the power gem augmented the others?
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    I would think some would naturally complement one another, like space and time, or mind and soul, maybe? I suppose I was under the impression that the power gem augmented the others?
    Power Gem makes you as a person very powerful.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Incredible Member

The first thing I do with the reality stone is make myself fully competent in the use of any of the stones and any combination of the stones. You can then get the fullest use of the stones whether it be just one or any combination. Why no one thinks of this one of life's great mysteries. At that point you know what the full potential of any combination of the stones is and you can make full use of it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    The first thing I do with the reality stone is make myself fully competent in the use of any of the stones and any combination of the stones. You can then get the fullest use of the stones whether it be just one or any combination. Why no one thinks of this one of life's great mysteries. At that point you know what the full potential of any combination of the stones is and you can make full use of it.
    That's assuming you could use it without the other gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Thanos did use the Power Gem on augment the Gardener's use of the Time Gem and in doing so caused him to die from his own horticulture.

Your mileage may vary in regards to the Elders of the Universe and their various gem-handling skills though. The Gardener was using his power over time to speed up little things like seed growth and travelling, and the Champion of the Universe...

Well, the Power Gem is certainly the most user-friendly as well, let's say.

Yeah the Power Gem is the easiest. Just “desire result to get” and it aids you, jacking your abilities up big time.

How it was defined in Ashe Hulk anyway ( When she worked out, talked Chanpiin to drop the power gem, whipped his ass and he gave it to her arch enemy in revenge.)

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    The problem is that, without the other Gems, the Reality Gem is apparently extremely difficult to use, even for someone of Thanos' calibur. Also, I would imagine that changing yourself to the point where you could comprehend and use the full might of the Reality Gem without the other Gems to externally boost you would run the risk of you no longer being you in very important ways, and I don't think that Thanos would want to end up like Doctor Manhattan, psychologically speaking since he was all about being a romantic.

Has anyone other than Thanos and The Collector (who had no idea what he had until after he traded it away to Thanos in exchange for a babified Runner to keep in his collection) ever had just the Reality Gem in their possession?

Well, yeah. They have. I mean the Illuminati divided the gems up between themselves.