Spectacular Member

Default Is DCUO still a good game?

I haven't played on it in ages and I was wondering if it was worth playing on again?

It's good in bursts. Definitely the only MMO I can keep coming back to, even after taking long breaks.

I'm able to play it just fine by myself but if you can get some friends to play with you, it can be a a lot of fun.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I play on again, off again. Mostly because the PS4 is not in my room and is shared in the whole house, and I'm not willing to start again on my personal switch haha. But when I do play, I always seem to have a good time!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

It has its moments. It sadly shows that their supreme no.1 focus in the recent years is monetization.

Ultimate Member

The missions are super-fun in that I get to fight alongside Donna Troy or Dr. Fate or Tim Drake, against foes like Poison Ivy or Brother Blood or Giganta, which, since I've been visiting this world off-and-on for *decades* is just amazing.

But the gameplay, oy. I've played EverQuest, EverQuest 2, World of Warcraft, Dark Ages Online, City of Heroes/City of Villains, Star Wars Galaxies, Star Wars the Old Republic, Age of Conan, Neverwinter Online, Champion Online, Star Trek Online, etc., etc. and this is hand-down the worst MMO I've ever seen, for mechanics, because they tried to make it compatible for keyboard users *and* controller users, and I've got like, *thirty* cool super-powers, and will only ever get to use five. I've got an attack that requires me to hit a single key *ten times* to activate. No thanks. I don't need carpal tunnel. I'll just watch that *amazing* video (oh, so good!), and go back to reading comics.

It's the only MMO where I like watching gameplay videos, and hate playing the game itself. I love the world and setting, so much more than places like Azeroth or Hyperboria or Midgard, but just cannot stand the mechanics.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    The missions are super-fun in that I get to fight alongside Donna Troy or Dr. Fate or Tim Drake, against foes like Poison Ivy or Brother Blood or Giganta, which, since I've been visiting this world off-and-on for *decades* is just amazing.

But the gameplay, oy. I've played EverQuest, EverQuest 2, World of Warcraft, Dark Ages Online, City of Heroes/City of Villains, Star Wars Galaxies, Star Wars the Old Republic, Age of Conan, Neverwinter Online, Champion Online, Star Trek Online, etc., etc. and this is hand-down the worst MMO I've ever seen, for mechanics, because they tried to make it compatible for keyboard users *and* controller users, and I've got like, *thirty* cool super-powers, and will only ever get to use five. I've got an attack that requires me to hit a single key *ten times* to activate. No thanks. I don't need carpal tunnel. I'll just watch that *amazing* video (oh, so good!), and go back to reading comics.

It's the only MMO where I like watching gameplay videos, and hate playing the game itself. I love the world and setting, so much more than places like Azeroth or Hyperboria or Midgard, but just cannot stand the mechanics.
    It's crazy just how little the mechanics would have to be changed for the game to go from fun to incredible.

I played as a speedster and while using the relevant power sets was cool, there was just something really cheap about the combat. If I got hit at all I was no longer that fast, which kind of defeated the purpose, there was a lot of button-mashing, and the visuals indicating a counter or being "grounded" were almost distracting.

If they simply used the mechanics of even the most basic beat em up/hack and slash game, it would be so much more satisfying.