Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
I think you meant amazingly awesome. The first two Thor movies are my two least favorite MCU movies by far and its not even close. I had no intention of seeing Ragnorak but I kept seeing reviews saying it was surprisingly good so I saw it and yeah it was shockingly good. Top 5 MCU for me.
I'm a huge fan of the comic book character Thor, so the first two movies were a big disappointment to me. Chris Hemsworth seems like a nice guy, but he's about as intimidating as a wet sock. The third movie was *also* nothing at all like 'my' Thor, but at least it was *fun* and I was able to sit back and enjoy the ride.

I find, in my case, I'm much more likely to be super-impressed by a movie about a character I don't know or care as much about, like Spider-Man or Iron Man, than one based on a character I really like, whom I'm much more likely to be super-fussy about, like Thor or Dr. Strange. (For that same reason, I don't care at all that WB's Green Arrow is little or nothing like the comic book character, but kind of want more from any TV/movie appearances of the Justice Society, Teen Titans, Young Justice or Legion of Super-Heroes, who I *really* like!)