Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default 10 Most Disappointing Superhero Movies of All Time - Newsarama

Newsarama ranks it's 10 Most Disappointing Superhero Movies of All Time.

https://www.newsarama.com/23421-10-m...ro-movies.html

10. Punisher: War Zone
    9. Spawn
    8. X Men Origins: Wolverine
    7. Spider Man 3
    6. Hulk
    5. Fantastic Four
    4. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
    3. Green Lantern
    2. Daredevil
    1. Justice League

No Catwoman? Wow.

BANNED

From the point of view of disappointment as something you trusted and had great expectations of, Thor Ragnarok takes all 10 slots.
    Last edited by JamesonAnders; 05-26-2020 at 08:55 AM.

I'd swap Justice League with Batman v. Superman.

By the time Justice League came around, expectations were already pretty mixed for the DC movies. Batman v. Superman and Suicide Squad weren't exactly universally loved. Batman v. Superman, though, only had Man of Steel before it and was also the first time DC's trinity were on the big screen together. Expectations for it were much higher.

I also wouldn't say Fantastic Four was disappointing as most hated it before it even came out. Most people were actively wanting it to fail so that Marvel would get the movie rights back.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Hmm, not a single MCU film. It's almost as if those movies aren't judged by their individual merits and gain bonus points for being part of a larger cinematic universe.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Hmm, not a single MCU film. It's almost as if those movies aren't judged by their individual merits and gain bonus points for being part of a larger cinematic universe.
    As someone who said an MCU movie should be on The list, and only that movie, I'd have to argue that in general MCU movies are far superior in quality than the other movies that are on this list.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I think I would swap Catwoman with Punisher: War Zone, but otherwise that is a pretty fair list.

BANNED

DC

Batman Forever
    Batman and Robin
    Catwoman
    Superman 3
    Superman 4
    Suicide Squad
    Batman v Superman
    Justice League
    Birds of Prey
    Green Lantern

MCU/Marvel

X-Men 3
    Avengers: Age of Ultron
    Iron Man 2
    Iron Man 3
    Guardians of the Galaxy 2
    Civil War
    Spiderman Homecoming
    Far From Home
    X-Men Apocalypse
    X-Men Dark Phoenix
    X-Men Origins
    Captain Marvel
    Ant Man 2
    Thor 2
    Thor Ragnarok
    Infinity War
    Daredevil

Quote Originally Posted by JamesonAnders View Post
    As someone who said an MCU movie should be on The list, and only that movie, I'd have to argue that in general MCU movies are far superior in quality than the other movies that are on this list.
    What makes them superior? Most MCU movies are below the curve on individual merits.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    DC

Batman Forever
    Batman and Robin
    Catwoman
    Superman 3
    Superman 4
    Suicide Squad
    Batman v Superman
    Justice League
    Birds of Prey
    Green Lantern

MCU/Marvel

X-Men 3
    Avengers: Age of Ultron
    Iron Man 2
    Iron Man 3
    Guardians of the Galaxy 2
    Civil War
    Spiderman Homecoming
    Far From Home
    X-Men Apocalypse
    X-Men Dark Phoenix
    X-Men Origins
    Captain Marvel
    Ant Man 2
    Thor 2
    Thor Ragnarok
    Infinity War
    Daredevil

What makes them superior? Most MCU movies are below the curve on individual merits.
    Writing, directing, cinematography, effects, costumes, story telling. Are they are the top of the movie industry? No. Are they at the top of the superhero movie genre? Unquestionably.

I'm talking MCU, not MCU/Marvel cnn

Most of those movies are bad, but that isn't the purpose of the list. Iron Man 3, Age of Ultron, and Captain Marvel were all considered major disappointments, but woops, the author seems to overlook them in favour of some Punisher film. This is a consistent pattern with how the MCU fandom behaves, replacing the genuine public reaction to these films with box office numbers and RT scores.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

BANNED

Most of those movies are bad, but that isn't the purpose of the list. Iron Man 3, Age of Ultron, and Captain Marvel were all considered major disappointments, but woops, the author seems to overlook them in favour of some Punisher film. This is a consistent pattern with how the MCU fandom behaves, replacing the genuine public reaction to these films with box office numbers and RT scores.
    No, actually, none of those movies was considered a disappointment, certainly not by the studio. Even Ragnarok, which I hate, was considered good.

BANNED

Writing, directing, cinematography, effects, costumes, story telling. Are they are the top of the movie industry? No. Are they at the top of the superhero movie genre? Unquestionably.

MCU has some of the worst cinematography in films. Their movies look like expensive cartoons. Where do you think Scorsese got the idea they are theme parks?

The writing and story telling is written for 10 years olds. Their stupid jokes every 5 minutes is childish.

Directors are there in casting only. MCU movies have a formula and a bad one.

Effects are overblown with CGI, they belong in video games

They may have some nice costumes, its only for advertisement to sell action figures for Disney.

The Not MCU/Marvel movies are above the curve. Disney is shiting out all this MCU products, at least DC and not MCU/Marvel takes chances and its not there to please ten years old only.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Newsarama ranks it's 10 Most Disappointing Superhero Movies of All Time.

https://www.newsarama.com/23421-10-m...ro-movies.html

10. Punisher: War Zone
    9. Spawn
    8. X Men Origins: Wolverine
    7. Spider Man 3
    6. Hulk
    5. Fantastic Four
    4. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
    3. Green Lantern
    2. Daredevil
    1. Justice League
    The latest Hellboy didn’t make the list?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I don't think Captain Marvel was ever deemed a disappointment by anyone other than people pissed off at Brie Larson. I don't even like the movie that much, but it did well enough.

MCU movies didn't make it on the list because their worst ones were mediocre at most

Extraordinary Member

Don't know why Warzone gets so much heat. It's a pretty decent Punisher flick. F.F I'd take off it did well and spawned a sequel. Rise of the Silver Surfer was disappointing.