Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Spawn doesn't belong there I think Hulk is underrated (I know i'm in the minority on that one.)
    I really like Hulk myself. No other movie goes for that psychological side of the character, which is really the most important thing about him.

Never saw Spawn.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I really like Hulk myself. No other movie goes for that psychological side of the character, which is really the most important thing about him.

Never saw Spawn.
    I loved the psychological stuff as well and I liked the fact that it looked like an actual comic book on film. Hulk dogs are something you'd only expect to see in a comic.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Newsarama ranks it's 10 Most Disappointing Superhero Movies of All Time.

https://www.newsarama.com/23421-10-m...ro-movies.html

10. Punisher: War Zone
    9. Spawn
    8. X Men Origins: Wolverine
    7. Spider Man 3
    6. Hulk
    5. Fantastic Four
    4. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
    3. Green Lantern
    2. Daredevil
    1. Justice League
    Justice League was follow up to the most disappointing movie, so I wouldn't call it a disappointment.

Fantastic Four 2015 should count as a disappointment, I was hoping for more from the director of Chronicle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    No Catwoman? Wow.
    Does it share anything with the comic book character outside her costumed name? And maybe cat ears? Not enough stuff to make it feel disappointing.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Does it share anything with the comic book character outside her costumed name? And maybe cat ears? Not enough stuff to make it feel disappointing.
    Catwoman was a disappointment in that Michelle Pfeiffer's version of Catwoman was so beloved that that was the point of making a Catwoman stand alone movie in the first place.
    Then not only did they ditch Selina Kyle in favor of some made up woman, the character in the movie had no resemblance at all to the Catwoman in Batman Returns. Plus the costume was
    terrible and sexually exploitative. Even if the movie had been a well made movie it still would have been a disappointment. That it was total trash just made it even more disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Newsarama ranks it's 10 Most Disappointing Superhero Movies of All Time.

https://www.newsarama.com/23421-10-m...ro-movies.html

10. Punisher: War Zone
    9. Spawn
    8. X Men Origins: Wolverine
    7. Spider Man 3
    6. Hulk
    5. Fantastic Four
    4. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
    3. Green Lantern
    2. Daredevil
    1. Justice League
    I know a case can be made for why each belongs on the list, but I'll never understand Daredevil's inclusion before Elektra's.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I know a case can be made for why each belongs on the list, but I'll never understand Daredevil's inclusion before Elektra's.
    I guess because Daredevil is a bigger deal than Elektra. So more people were invested in Daredevil, knew more about him, and didn't get what they wanted as
    compared to the Elektra fans not getting their movie.

Fantastic Member

I really hope the Fantastic Four listed is the 2015 movie.

Also Daredevil shouldn't be on the list. Especially since the director's cut was an improvement. If that had been the version that was originally released, I don't think it would have gotten as much flak as it did.

Quote Originally Posted by KCJ506 View Post
    I really hope the Fantastic Four listed is the 2015 movie.

Also Daredevil shouldn't be on the list. Especially since the director's cut was an improvement. If that had been the version that was originally released, I don't think it would have gotten as much flak as it did.
    Does the director’s cut still have the playground fight scene?

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Does the director’s cut still have the playground fight scene?
    ...yes.

"He's trying to hit a woman and she's trying to hit a blind man, they're both coming off as horrible people." - Pitch Meeting

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I loved the psychological stuff as well and I liked the fact that it looked like an actual comic book on film. Hulk dogs are something you'd only expect to see in a comic.
    I also loved that it got deeply into the character. I remember coming out of the theater and a woman behind me saying to someone that she tried and tried to like Banner but she just couldn't warm up to him. Yes, because he's a shy introvert with major issues like, you know, Bruce Banner. He's not supposed to be the life of the party that you find to be open and accessible.
    Power with Girl is better.

Switch Justice League and BvS. JL was a disappointment but it became so on the heels of what BvS failed horribly to deliver.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Nothing tops JUSTICE LEAGUE for me. That's such a bad movie, on every single level.

BATMAN V. SUPERMAN is bad too, but it's fascinatingly bad. There are a lot of good ideas in it...that go nowhere.

I haven't seen a lot of the Marvel flicks, and Civil War and Winter Solider are the only 2 that I really like.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine was terrible, it's funny how much I forgot all about that since LOGAN was such a fantastic flick.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 06-06-2020 at 10:02 AM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Switch Justice League and BvS. JL was a disappointment but it became so on the heels of what BvS failed horribly to deliver.
    yeah, there was a lot of hype before BvS and it crashed when the film was released.

I saw very little hype or expectations for JL going in, because BvS already killed expectations. You can only be disappointed of you have high expectations.

Fantastic Member

In the 00s, if you were to even mention the possibility of an Aquaman movie not only being better received, but also making more than a movie starring Batman and Superman, people would have laughed at you.

Quote Originally Posted by KCJ506 View Post
    In the 00s, if you were to even mention the possibility of an Aquaman movie not only being better received, but also making more than a movie starring Batman and Superman, people would have laughed at you.
    Indeed, who would have believed it?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Power with Girl is better.