Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    1Batman and Robin 2.Catwoman 3.Blade Trinity 4.CA first Avenger 5 Green Lantern 6.Thor Dark World 7.Superman Returns 8.Darkman II 9.FF RoSS 10.Xmen Origins Wolverine
    I have to add Deadpool 2 ,god what a huge letdown after how good Deadpool was

Only superhero movies that i have found to be truly disappointing were, X3 the last stand, X-Men Apocalypse, Blade Trinity and Spider-Man 3. All of those films had the two preceding films in their respective trilogies be amazing and followed it up with truly disappointing and downright disrespectful conclusions to their trilogies. All three botched major storylines and left the characters in worse positions than they were at the start of the films.

They arent the worst superhero movies ever but in terms of disappointing all of those had huge hype and utterly failed. Stuff like Green Lantern, Suicide Squad, Jonah hex, catwoman etc, you kinda knew from the trailers not to get too excited and therefore while they are bad they weren't exactly disappointing.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

No Ironman 3? No The Spirit? No Catwoman? No The Dark World? Ri-got-damn-diculous list.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    No Ironman 3? No The Spirit? No Catwoman? No The Dark World? Ri-got-damn-diculous list.
    With some movies you cannot get disappointed, because you already know that they are bad. Catwoman for example.

In my list comes Iron Man 3 and the Dark Knight rises. And Batman vs Superman.

Extraordinary Member

I think I’ll do categories to make my list, and I won’t rank them either.

Disappointing Follow-Ups To Films I Liked; These Wouldn’t Really Be Disappointment If I Didn’t Already Like The Franchise‘S previous entries
    - Justice League (primarily asa follow how to Man Of Steel; I like BvS and Suicide Squad as a guilty pleasure, but I expected improvement from them)
    - Iron Man 3 (mostly feels like a wasted coda to Phase 1, and managed to waste what Ten Rings mythology they could have used even for their idea)
    - Spider-Man 3 (repeated everything that mildly annoyed me about the previous 2 films, but as it’s entire basis; also, wasted Venom.)

Disappointing Mismanagement Of High Concept Properties Without Previous Success
    - Green Lantern (Had a chance to strike while the iron was hot for the franchise - instead, it’s lasting legacy is jokes in Deadpool)
    - Jonah Hex (I think this property could easily be done on a smaller budget with a more intelligent creative team)
    - Catwoman (*technically* could be regarded as a sequel to Batman Returns... but it’s so disconnected that it belongs here)

Various hodge-podge ones
    - The Spirit (Because it’s one-step a way from being a fun parody, but Miller didn’t realize it)
    - Birds of Prey (Because they wasted the Birds and Cassandra Cain - should have just been a Harley movie, or a Sirens one)
    - Dark Phoenix (Became a somewhat predictable last gasp of the Fox franchise)
    - Batman Forever (I can at least laugh at Arnie in B&R; I struggle to laugh at Carrey in BF)
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP