Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    This should be a must for characters with similar names/powers. The GLs do a good job of this with Guy, Hal, John, Kyle, the Professor, and Mary Ann all having different personalities.
    Ha. I can totally see the Professor and Mary Ann with power rings.

But the presence of a Hawkgirl back alongside the the Golden Age JSA was always there. She even appeared in an All-Star story, although not an actual member. With all the revamping and rewriting of DC history, making her a member wouldn't be that big of a deal as the JSAers were already extremely progressive in having two women members at the same time when other teams waited years before having two women on the same teams even in the Silver Age.
    What's interesting to me is that assuming that super-powers show up equally in men and women, and that, in WW2, large numbers of men were dying in the war, it would follow that super-teams forming at that time (especially teams on the home front) might be more heavily weighted towards *women,* as so many of the able-bodied menfolk are overseas (or dead...).

That would make for a very different sort of Justice Society!

Exactly when are we getting a JSA? I just finished JSA Mixed Signals. I pretty much have every TPB. I wanted to see Stargirl and the cooler S.T.R.I.P.E. armor.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Exactly when are we getting a JSA? I just finished JSA Mixed Signals. I pretty much have every TPB. I wanted to see Stargirl and the cooler S.T.R.I.P.E. armor.
    Likely not this year, maybe not next, either.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    That is very disappointing. What is the problem?

Ultimate Member

Not enough people have our exquisite taste?

DC sucks and hates any character that is not from the silver age Justice League.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Setting up the correct writer and artist for a project like JSA is HUGE, no arguments here, and might be partially why we don't have an ongoing by now. That being said, I was absolutely convinced when the Rebirth one shot special was released over four years ago that a JSA title could not be too far behind. Hey, I'm a pretty patient guy, so I waited. And waited. Then took a deep breath and waited some more. Still no JSA title. I find it hard to believe that the correct creative team could not have been assembled after all of this time and I find it even more difficult to believe that DC would treat what was not too long back one of their flagship titles and one of their bigger sellers so shoddily. So yeah, getting a little impatient here, DC....

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
    Setting up the correct writer and artist for a project like JSA is HUGE, no arguments here, and might be partially why we don't have an ongoing by now. That being said, I was absolutely convinced when the Rebirth one shot special was released over four years ago that a JSA title could not be too far behind. Hey, I'm a pretty patient guy, so I waited. And waited. Then took a deep breath and waited some more. Still no JSA title. I find it hard to believe that the correct creative team could not have been assembled after all of this time and I find it even more difficult to believe that DC would treat what was not too long back one of their flagship titles and one of their bigger sellers so shoddily. So yeah, getting a little impatient here, DC....
    I have to wonder if DC is completely reevaluating its official in-universe history now that Didio is out of the big chair.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    DC sucks and hates any character that is not from the silver age Justice League.
    More likely they're just trying to find the right creative team. Which is really hard.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

I imagine that the DC Universe is radicially different from the real world. In some ways better, in some ways worse. If you live in a world where Atlantis, aliens, and magic are known to exist, the woes of our reality probably wouldn't apply.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    I imagine that the DC Universe is radicially different from the real world. In some ways better, in some ways worse. If you live in a world where Atlantis, aliens, and magic are known to exist, the woes of our reality probably wouldn't apply.
    I wonder how much of that the common DCU denizen dismisses as fake news or conspiracy theory. Particularly those that don't live in an area with resident superheroes/villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    More likely they're just trying to find the right creative team. Which is really hard.
    It’s been almost a decade, this excuse is tired and no longer valid. If DC wanted them in print they would be in print again.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    It’s been almost a decade, this excuse is tired and no longer valid. If DC wanted them in print they would be in print again.
    These things take time, and the JSA is only as good as the creators working on them.

I've long felt like they're waiting on Scott Synder- but I could be wrong.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 06-16-2020 at 02:55 PM.

Excuses excuses! Has it been ten years? That is just mind boggling. Is DC afraid that the JSA will blow the JLA out of the water? What was Doomsday Clock for then? DC has Batman this Batman that but no JSA. CW now has the JSA. My favorite DC has always been the JSA and the All Star Squadron. I can’t re read anymore trades. I need something new. Come on DC make a plan and then execute it. Lure someone from Marvel if your writers aren’t up to the task.

BANNED

Next year when Death Metal ends.