Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default So wonder woman can't fly now i guess

DC really said that Diana isn't flying this week, like at all. Both in her own book and in JL she didn't fly once. I mean really. Diana seems to be one of the few characters in comics that gets power regression. Am I over reacting? like this feels concerning to me.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Given that she flew in Dead Earth, which released this week... You might be overreacting.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    DC really said that Diana isn't flying this week, like at all. Both in her own book and in JL she didn't fly once. I mean really. Diana seems to be one of the few characters in comics that gets power regression. Am I over reacting? like this feels concerning to me.
    I'm convinced they do it just to mess with us.

You're overreacting.

I think they are kind and if they are serious could just be in line with the movie. But I can't see why they would take away her flying

well dead earth isn't in current continuity so it’s not an over reaction. I’m assuming they are trying to follow the movie but that’s stupid. Maybe when the invisible jet crashes later on she will start flying again?

BANNED

Maybe someday she will teleport. Or go back to gliding on winds.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

This is something that I think in the long run they want done. In Azz's run, they didn't have her fly until issue 11 or 12. So they had us guessing for over a year about her ability to fly and whether or not editorial decided to make her fly or if that is how Azz wanted it all along we might never know.

In the 1st Wonder Woman animated movie she couldn't fly. And with Gail Simone having had a hand in the script, this made it a conscious decision on DC's part in my opinion. How could the current author of the Wonder Woman comic series not have her fly in her first solo animated movie? Very curious!

She has never flown in the DCEU!! Why?!! Again another wtf to Wonder Woman fans. Shazam flies, but Wonder Woman can't?!? And people will tell me that she will fliy in the Wonder Woman 84 movie, but too little too late. She should have been at her full power at the end of her 1st movie, but the DCEU most likely mandated that Wonder Woman could not fly so as to not overshadow other hero's like Superman. Again, Cyborg flies but Wonder Woman can't!

The inconsistency of her powerset in which flight is a major part of her for the last 30 + years with obvious exceptions tells me that DC would rather not have her fly. Show me otherwise DC, because it is pretty obvious you only use Wonder Woman for the fact that she is the most well recognized superheroine but disrespect her in other ways. Where is her animated series that just about every other major superhero has had?

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

We see her fly at the end of Annual 4 this week. But it's true that the way DC handles her character, powers and overall verse is just messy. I'm really tiered of it.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

We know editing for this character is always bad, but do we need this specific topic like every other week?

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    well dead earth isn't in current continuity so it’s not an over reaction. I’m assuming they are trying to follow the movie but that’s stupid. Maybe when the invisible jet crashes later on she will start flying again?
    As far as following the movie goes, they haven't done a good job at it. WW84 is said to have her flying. And she doesn't use the sword and shield in the movie. Yet they are so present in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    We know editing for this character is always bad, but do we need this specific topic like every other week?
    Maybe because they treat her so bad that there is actual room to ask such a thing? So my question is, why is editing for WW so bad? They don't care? Because i hardly doubt that her character and world are so "difficult" to get, that they can't even be consistent with her power set. So what could be the problem at this point other than lack of interest from her own label?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    She has never flown in the DCEU!! Why?!! Again another wtf to Wonder Woman fans. Shazam flies, but Wonder Woman can't?!? And people will tell me that she will fliy in the Wonder Woman 84 movie, but too little too late. She should have been at her full power at the end of her 1st movie, but the DCEU most likely mandated that Wonder Woman could not fly so as to not overshadow other hero's like Superman. Again, Cyborg flies but Wonder Woman can't!
    So even if you get what you wanted in the second movie which would carry over into a third, you're still not gonna be happy about it?

What could they possibly do to please you besides inventing a time machine and having her fly in the first movie?

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Maybe because they treat her so bad that there is actual room to ask such a thing? So my question is, why is editing for WW so bad? They don't care? Because i hardly doubt that her character and world are so "difficult" to get, that they can't even be consistent with her power set. So what could be the problem at this point other than lack of interest from her own label?
    But it's usually the same people asking it over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    So even if you get what you wanted in the second movie which would carry over into a third, you're still not gonna be happy about it?

What could they possibly do to please you besides inventing a time machine and having her fly in the first movie?

But it's usually the same people asking it over and over again.
    I guess some people truly are scared that they even take away her flight. With how bad DC treats her, i understand why some fans would feel scared. By the way, what do you think about my other question regarding editing for WW? Why is it so bad?, i think there is an obvious lack of interest from DC's part. Since they don't seem to put much effort into her verse, but i'd like to know your opinion.

Incredible Member

It's only been two issues.