Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
In regards to her lethality, I’d offer that it doesn’t seem like a good idea for two main reasons:

1. Diana more than anyone besides maybe Superman is about promoting a better way. She’s not supposed to adapt “Man’s World” methods, she’s supposed to show us a better way, “The Amazon Way”. That’s why her iconic weapon was a lasso, a non-lethal weapon. Unlikes Mars/Ares soldiers, Diana was a champion of Aphrodite and Athena, someone who believed in the power of love and venerated the goddess of the aspects of war that prized intellect and tactics over mass slaughter. She’s not supposed to be ruthless or cynical, one of her powers is the ability to talk to animals for gods sake, she’s a DC Princess (Please laugh at my lame pun)! This emphasis on her and the Amazons being “warriors” has never portrayed them in a positive light. They become primitive bloodthirsty misandrist barbarians, which reaches its lowest point in the Frank Miller/Brian Azzarelo take on the Amazons who are little more than straight up villains. Once upon a time the Amazons were huge proponents on redemption, and I’d rather Diana redeem her villains and rehabilitation them then kill them.
When they eventually make new Wonder Woman films, could you please write them??
Not that I don't love Gal Gadot, Patty Jenkins, and the current Wonder Woman cinematic presence (I do), but the one nitpick I have is that they have evidently made them so "male-freindly" to the point of erasing many of the things that made Wonder Woman a beacon of feminine power and womanly symbolism. Notice how in the film, the source of her powers is daddy, her weapon of choice is a phallic symbol/aggresively 'male' sword, and more than any other solo superhero film ever, Wonder Woman's love interest has a huge centrality in the plot. When did Lois Lane and MJ become so integral in any other Superman or Spideyfilm? In what superhero movie starring a male is a romantic interest the key for the protagonist to find his power and defeat the villain? Only in the superhero hit satrring a woman. But besides that, I loved it.
Now, don't get me wrong, I DO WANT Steve to be a part of every movie iteration of WW they make, but I want the next trilogy of Hollywood WW to have:
the Olympian goddesses being the source of Diana's powers, Wonder Woman SAVING Steve's ass, multiple times, and if they need to have someone else trigger DIana's discovery of her inner strength, let it be a woman. There are plenty to choose from: Phillipus, Hyppolita, Julia or Vanessa Kapatelis, Etta Candy, etc. Heck, even Cheetah, as Greg Rucka wrote her, could inspire Diana to save the day.