Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

I guess I can buy Storm somehow developing feeling for Cyclops, but actually having an affair with him when Jean's still around would've been sooo out of character. I'm glad Morrison didn't get to write her.

Fantastic Member

Glad this didnt happen. Morrison already messed up with the psychic affair thing and the messing around on Jeans grave. Not to mention the Xorneto and EMP mess

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    PHEW!! Dodged a Bullet there
    Dodged a huge bullet!

Although there is a ton of panel time that comes with the "leader's girlfriend" role. Lots of "as you wish" and "Cyclops has a plan", but plenty of panel time.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    Glad this didnt happen. Morrison already messed up with the psychic affair thing and the messing around on Jeans grave. Not to mention the Xorneto and EMP mess
    actually liked the xorn and emp part!!! tragic but still a nice showing for xorn.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    She would have had the affair with Cyclops instead of Emma. It was the original plan before Claremont called dibs
    Yeeeaah, no! I sometimes wonder if I enjoy runs based on what writers couldn't do?

Emma was never originally in the book until Morrison got it suggested by a fan as he had Storm, Moira and Colossus and nuRogue taken off his cast.

The affair was never meant to be out of malice. It was meant to be about two people growing apart. And two people finding love (forbidden) with one another.
    Nuuuuh.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 05-26-2020 at 11:57 PM.

It is so surreal that I have searched and found no site indicating that Morrison had plans for Storm X Scott.

Morrison's run is perfect as is but it would've been nice to see Storm in such a well-written, status quo shifting book/era.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Morrison's run is perfect as is but it would've been nice to see Storm in such a well-written, status quo shifting book/era.
    Same!
    Besides Claremont, who’s a definitive Storm author?

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Same!
    I don't think there is one. I like Storm written by Coates but those aren't X-Books. Storm has largely been set dressing in the books since X-Treme X-Men ended; I liked her in Gillen's Uncanny but I don't remember her actually doing much there or being a focal point. We'll see what happens as we get deeper into the Hickman era.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Cyclops and Storm just dont make sense. If Storm was gonna sleep with another x man not named Wolverine.. it would be Gambit every and all day...
    Forge doesn't count as an X-Man?

Anyway, I always knew of that rumor that Storm would've been in Emma's place as far as the whole affair thing went, but I never seen or saw any concrete proof that was the case because that would terribly out of character for Storm to do such a thing.

She would have had the affair with Cyclops instead of Emma. It was the original plan before Claremont called dibs
    Source? I remember he couldn't have Storm but I don't remember him saying he was going to use her for the affair.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I'm going to side step the potential Scott/Storm affair and imagine Storm in New X-men along with Emma and everything else pretty much staying the same. I think adding Storm would make an already incredible run even better. I loved the one issue that Grant Morrison did write Storm. At least she did more than just lightening (she used fog). I also loved her discussion with Xavier in that issue.

Storm is a great character and it is hard to have X-men without such a pivotal character. I loved the New X-men era (it is my favorite) and while Storm wasn't on that team she was over in Claremont's book being a team leader like the boss that she is. Xtreme X-men was very Storm-centric (mostly for the better than worse, but see Storm: The Arena). Some of my favorite X-treme X-men moments is when Jean guest starred and there was interaction between Storm and Jean.
    X-Treme is very understated. It's my favorite Blue/Gold A/B X-Men title. They felt connected but separate, modern, but classic. The two legends writing side by side. Good times.

It's not perfect; mostly the inconsistent art though. I would have loved to have seen Storm (and an out Iceman) in Morrison's cast as well. It would have been nice to see Morrison's more in depth takes on other characters.

Same!
    I think Lobdell and Niciezia (sp?) wrote her well. No one compares to Claremont though.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yupp.
    I don't see why he would have needed to give up Emma if he wanted to use Storm in NXM.
    He actually wrote an issue #132 i believe where she does show up when they revisted Genosha...he gave her a good voice. I would have loved to see what he would have done with her as a regular in the book.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Same!
    It is only Lord Claremont.

And thank the Goddess he saved her from Morrison's plan(even if she lost her relevance to the main franchise as a result).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Same!
    I would say after him Coates as well. He clearly has a thorough knowledge of her mythos and is the only modern writer I can think of in recent years to have given her any meaningful development characterization wise. I think he (with the help of other creative writers who worked with him) is the only writer to discuss what it means to her being black and mutant.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It is so surreal that I have searched and found no site indicating that Morrison had plans for Storm X Scott.
    If you do a Google search, this thread will pop up lol. I don't see much of anything else.

I recall Morrison writing that Storm could be at ground zero of Genosha in his proposal (it's in the trade) but not much else with her. Claremont grabbed her after that, but Claremont always wants dibs on Storm. Is this just fandom rumor that grew?