Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bgred37 View Post
    I’m glad CC saved our goddess. Ro would never do that to Jeannie.
    Are you kidding?

Jean would have been cool with it and gladly join them.

Causing the X-Men poly meme to be twenty years earlier!!

People forget the type of chemistry between Jean and Ororo.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 05-28-2020 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Are you kidding?

Jean would have been cool with it and gladly join them.

Causing the X-Men poly meme to be twenty years earlier!!

People forget the type of chemistry between Jean and Ororo.
    She had what with the likes of Yukio, not Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She had what with the likes of Yukio, not Jean.
    Yeah Jean was a bit of an Amy Cooper back in the 70s.

Extraordinary Member

I’m talking about early 90s, Claremont written, tentacle arms Jean Grey. Who was really happy to reconnect with Ororo.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I’m talking about early 90s, Claremont written, tentacle arms Jean Grey. Who was really happy to reconnect with Ororo.
    Tentacle Jean never met Ororo and when she finally did reconnect with her, Ororo was a preadolescent kid. You implying some pedophilic vibes from Jean?

Extraordinary Member

Tentacle Jean never met Ororo and when she finally did reconnect with her, Ororo was a preadolescent kid. You implying some pedophilic vibes from Jean?
    Unfortunately......yes. But seriously, their chemistry before X-Tinction Agenda.

BANNED

OH yeah.....forgot Jean had Tentacles for arms.....and Gambit was developing feelings for Storm while she was in Child form. Damn the X-men has some Bizarre moments.

Three words: Mrs. Barnell Bohusk.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeweasel View Post
    Huh? Are you talking about Angel? What about her?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    If it's the "Morrison Manifesto," it's in the third of the deluxe collections. From what I've scanned of it, Storm is only mentioned once as helping with disaster relief but not much else.
    Yes, the partial Manifesto which mentions Storm in passing I have read, but supposedly there is a longer version that contains earlier ideas in total housed in some university archive. I tried to hunt it down once, but it seemed like I had to go directly to that place in person to get further.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Personally I loved X-Treme X-Men. It was a great run, and I liked the little bits of Morrison's ideas that Claremont incorporated after the first few arcs(mutant town, that anti-mutant hate group online, the mutant kid who killed the maid and Xavier and Emma cover it up, Storm negotiating the XSE mandate with the UN). I think he did show some evolution and modernity and the two books worked well as a Blue/Gold situation(was not reading much of Uncanny at the time...). I think Whedon's Astonishing is vastly overrated, and the little bit of Storm he did use showed me he wouldn't have been able to handle her. But I don't think it is fair to blame Claremont for that one in particular, because he had Storm ripped from his cast for Hudlin's BP, which is when Astonishing X-men was really a thing, and Claremont hated letting go of her, that last annual spelled it out in plain text. That is what derailed Storm from the X-Mythos big time.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Personally I loved X-Treme X-Men. It was a great run, and I liked the little bits of Morrison's ideas that Claremont incorporated after the first few arcs(mutant town, that anti-mutant hate group online, the mutant kid who killed the maid and Xavier and Emma cover it up, Storm negotiating the XSE mandate with the UN). I think he did show some evolution and modernity and the two books worked well as a Blue/Gold situation(was not reading much of Uncanny at the time...). I think Whedon's Astonishing is vastly overrated, and the little bit of Storm he did use showed me he wouldn't have been able to handle her. But I don't think it is fair to blame Claremont for that one in particular, because he had Storm ripped from his cast for Hudlin's BP, which is when Astonishing X-men was really a thing, and Claremont hated letting go of her, that last annual spelled it out in plain text. That is what derailed Storm from the X-Mythos big time.
    I've come to appreciate X-treme X-men. At the time I didn't enjoy it so much because I compared everything to Morrison's run (a problem I still have) but it had its moments. I liked that Storm was a central character and a strong leader. I liked the characters used in the run. I loved the parts where Jean and Emma guest starred.

As for the Scott/Storm affair possibility... I recall reading this too but I wish I could track down a source. There is an old message board that I used to go to (which is still up) but if it was still an ezboard it would be easily searchable and I know we discussed it there, but now it is something else and my account doesn't even work anymore. Ah well. Maybe a wannabe detective here can track down the info eventually.

Morrison had a lot of initial ideas that didn't come to fruition which I think is typical. I'm sure a lot of Hickman's ideas have changed a lot since his initial pitch to revamp the X-men.

I hate to post back to back but I did a search on the old Jean Grey Phoenix Fans board and found an old post from 2006 where a poster named Dini (our resident die-hard Storm fan) referenced a potential affair between Scott and Storm.

this is what she posted

Ok, I just have to get this off of my chest: an affair between Storm and Cyclops with Jean still alive would be TOTALLY ABSOLUTELY AND POSITIVELY WRONG IN EVERY WAYS IMAGINABLE!!!!!!
    Shew that felt good! But seriously, while I think that unfortunately more than happens in real life, it is positively ungraftable to Storm's character. While many friendships are decimated by affairs, many friendships are so tight that a guy would never get in the way of them (I suppose the same holds true the other way). Something like that would totally not only cause me to stop all interest in marvel, but avidly campaign against. As it is I am about 5 seconds away from doing that anyway! But at least for now I am only nominally disgruntled.
    It's funny, you know I totally HATE Morrison. As in I HATED Morrison's run (as well as all his snarky interviews!!!). If you are bored out of your skull and have time to peruse the archives (and need time to eat a Snicker's bar! ) you could see that.
    from March 21, 2006

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/jean...t5825-s20.html

It is still not what I wanted to find but I think it gives support that there was a source at one time where Morrison talked about potentially having an affair between Scott and Storm before he decided to have Emma Frost join his cast.

I--

I don't know how to take that image off my mind now.

um...I have no response but to scream

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I hate to post back to back but I did a search on the old Jean Grey Phoenix Fans board and found an old post from 2006 where a poster named Dini (our resident die-hard Storm fan) referenced a potential affair between Scott and Storm.

this is what she posted

from March 21, 2006

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/jean...t5825-s20.html

It is still not what I wanted to find but I think it gives support that there was a source at one time where Morrison talked about potentially having an affair between Scott and Storm before he decided to have Emma Frost join his cast.
    whew ! thanks for the archaeology . archaeologism ? anyways
    I honestly love inspecting pieces of older fan culture..I also love that the entire post is longer than War and Peace lol Iconic