Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Default Nezhno Abidemi : Gentle Appreciation 2020

I really liked him on X-Men Red. im hoping he has a role on some x-book someday not so late.

we can be heroes, just for one day

My interest in the character and many of his peers pecked years ago when it became clear that the younger (and more interesting) mutants are never going to be taken seriously. Sucks.

Oh well. Maybe he might show up somewhere and will be written to my liking. At least I have Hickman's Apocalypse to keep me reading.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Really interesting character. I've only read him in Red, but I liked that he has limits to his powers and needs to keep them in check so he doesn't die. I like it when mutant powers have "side-effects" like this. He also seemed to bring a levelheadedness to the team since he's a pacifist
    Make Good Art

Its too bad that X-men Red happened just before another status quo change bc that should have been the start of his sting as a mainstream X-men. Everytime the younger generation starts to get elevated there's a reboot that nullifies it

It's a shame that someone thought it would be best to make him in the mold of the big, gentle giant pacifist like from The Green Mile. Hopefully if they ever do use him again, he can have a little swag.

Mighty Member

I wonder if he ever interacted with Prodigy?

And yes, Gentle needs to be explored a bit. Right now all we have is tragedy at being half white/Russian and Wakandan/Black. A storyline like that needs to be done with care and nuiance.

of course they had. They were teammates and one of the few students left at the school post-M Day