Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
I've been thinking about this. I don't mind Leto's Joker, but something is missing. And I think I figured out what it is.

Unless the movie is about the Joker, as in he's the main character, the Joker otherwise is judged, or should be judged, by his interaction with Batman.

Not Harley. Batman.

We barely got that in Suicide Squad, cause it wasn't a Batman movie. But somewhere along the line there needed to be a scene with Leto's Joker going toe to toe with Affleck's Batman. But unless something changes, we'll never get that. These movies will not be continued. So Leto's Joker for me will always be in a permanent holding pattern. I feel like he's designed to be in line with what we've seen of Affleck's Batman so far, but...without those two actually interacting, there's no point in seeing more of him. We'll get more of him anyway if/when Ayer makes this cut, but for me that will always be missing.
Leto's Joker was really badly designed to be against Affleck's Batman. He's more like a minion Batman would kill before he got to the actual Joker. Given how Batman's made in the DCEU he should have been a red smear long before the Suicide Squad movie.