Default Remember when most of the X-books got cancelled?

It was back in 2000 shortly into the Revolution/Counter-X era. Joe Q decided for not apparent reason to cull the line and cancel books that even sold well. I'm re-reading my old comics and reached this point. I'm wondering if anyone remembers what was supposed to happen? Have any of the creators spoke on this? From reading the letters sections I got some clues.

Gambit was supposed to have some major changes with Lobdell coming in and I think they were going to get into magic with Dr. Strange. Also heard his dad was going to die.

Bishop was supposed to be lead in a brand new direction following the Gambit/Bishop mini which was supposed have major consequences in the books.

Generation X was supposed to have a crossover with Wolverine. Not sure what else.

Mutant X was probably going to deal with the Xavier story with Gambit and the two super kids Raven and Nate. That's just a guess on my part.

Don't know what the plans were for the other books like X-Force and such.

Any thoughts or info about this? It pretty much changed the books forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Nopozyzy View Post
    It was back in 2000 shortly into the Revolution/Counter-X era. Joe Q decided for not apparent reason to cull the line and cancel books that even sold well. I'm re-reading my old comics and reached this point. I'm wondering if anyone remembers what was supposed to happen? Have any of the creators spoke on this? From reading the letters sections I got some clues.

Gambit was supposed to have some major changes with Lobdell coming in and I think they were going to get into magic with Dr. Strange. Also heard his dad was going to die.

Bishop was supposed to be lead in a brand new direction following the Gambit/Bishop mini which was supposed have major consequences in the books.

Generation X was supposed to have a crossover with Wolverine. Not sure what else.

Mutant X was probably going to deal with the Xavier story with Gambit and the two super kids Raven and Nate. That's just a guess on my part.

I don't know what was suppose to happen but i do know it was over rights. which i still feel very vindicated over after people were all "there is no conspiracy." only for Disney to get the rights back and creators feeling free enough to finally admit facts.

I guess some people will buy any story.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

First 2 posts are talking about 2 different time periods.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    First 2 posts are talking about 2 different time periods.
    The first x-men movie was released July 14, 2000. Counter X was released in May of 2000 and ended in june, a month before the movie came out. Sounds about the same time to me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

All I remember is that it broke John Byrne & Marvel relation forever.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't know what was suppose to happen but i do know it was over rights. which i still feel very vindicated over after people were all "there is no conspiracy." only for Disney to get the rights back and creators feeling free enough to finally admit facts.

I guess some people will buy any story.
    It was because both Jemas and Quesada thought the X-line had become impenetrable with decades of continuity and a series of titles set in different time periods or alternate realities.

Fantastic Member

counter x was a dark time. took some good books and just screwed them up.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    The first x-men movie was released July 14, 2000. Counter X was released in May of 2000 and ended in june, a month before the movie came out. Sounds about the same time to me.
    But Disney didn’t buy Marvel till 2009...

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    But Disney didn’t buy Marvel till 2009...
    That’s what I’m sayin
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

That lead to Morrison's New X-Men, so I'm thankful.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nopozyzy View Post

I believe the X-Man story against the Harvester was supposed to be different as well and the story was supposed to get more multiversal than before but was going to completely stay away from past storylines that never got resolved properly.

Gambit by Nicieza was awesome. 25th issue by Lobdell was really good too. Sad that Joe Q killed it while it was still outselling Hulk, Black Widow and Deadpool.