Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    The idea is good - making him an astrobiologist, so smart that his genius makes him an outsider and desperately tries to connect with Clark Kent (and - later in his life - old Krypton) because he is in desperate need of friends, even if he doesn't realize it. It's the execution which doesn't entirely work. Too many Joker Luthor moments (grins, bizarreness). He seems, and maybe is, a model for Jesse Eisenberg Luthor.
    Also: there are a couple of major plot points which simply don't work. He breaks his friendship with Clark basically because he misinterprets his facial expression (?) and the plan with the fake Kryptonians. The plan is a disaster. A huge anticlimax which fatally undermines the final fight. Waid's works are rarely without weird flaws which could have been avoided in hindsight.
    He had potential though. A partially successful merging of Smallville Lex, Silver Age Young Lex, Mad Doctor Lex and businessman Lex. He surely makes more sense than the composite Krypton we have seen from Johns and - later - Jurgens, Tomasi and Bendis.
    Sorry I have no clue what you’re talking about. Got any specific panels? Lex misinterprets Clark’s look of pain as a look of fear over what he’s done, and we already saw that Lex is quick to explode emotionally when he destroyed the alien detector machine. I thought it made perfect sense. Lex hates Superman because Supes treats him with distaste which aggravates him.

Snyder fans claim he is, but they have nothing in common beyond look and abusive dad. Eisenberg Lex hates Superman because Superman is Jesus. Birthright Lex hates Superman because he finally meets a member of the race he’s been trying to contact all his life, and that guy treats him with the same suspicion and contempt as humanity.
    Last edited by Vordan; 05-31-2020 at 12:32 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Any chance Waid is going back to DC to reboot Supes and making Superman Now!/Superman 2000 (or something close to it) finally happening? 😂
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 05-31-2020 at 01:07 PM.

Ironically enough he needs it now more than he needed it when the initial pitch was created. I'd argue he needs it now more than he needed the reboot in 2011. Things have fallen that much further. Personally instead of using Myx I'd rework it as some epic tale involving Kismet and Dominus.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-31-2020 at 02:30 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

How do you do the QA thing?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    How do you do the QA thing?
    Sign up for a DC Universe account and that’s it. You usually only get to ask 1 or 2 questions though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lex misinterprets Clark’s look of pain as a look of fear over what he’s done,
    That one.
    Too quick, too sudden. Also, too many bizarre antics. Luthor singing the bone song while watching Supes' autopsy. That awful plan. Constant grins. I guess that Yu's art - which is good in some parts and rushed in others - didn't help.
    Eisenberg Luthor may have copied some moments. Between the two, the better one is obviously Birthright Luthor. Eisenberg Luthor is barely a character.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

In Kingdom Come, is it true that they wouldn't let you use the Barry Allen Flash or the Hal Jordan GL? And did they really force you to give the stupid ponytail to Superman?
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    In Kingdom Come, is it true that they wouldn't let you use the Barry Allen Flash or the Hal Jordan GL? And did they really force you to give the stupid ponytail to Superman?
    QA is over bud, and it took place on the DC Universe website. I posted a link to his replies if you want to take a look.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Any chance Waid is going back to DC to reboot Supes and making Superman Now!/Superman 2000 (or something close to it) finally happening? ��
    Twenty years later, I think it's safe to say that pitch is dead.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I guess you saw the banner for a different Q&A and thought you was on the wrong page? The original link still works.
    No, dunno if it's because I'm only using my phone
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    No, dunno if it's because I'm only using my phone
    If you search “DC UNIVERSE MARK WAID Q&A” you’ll find it.

Astonishing Member

Absolutely by all means I'd like to see Waid tackle something with weight for DC. I have no idea what.

I'm in the odd boat of having read a bunch of Waid's comics and recognized the strength of writing, structure, dialogue, and climactic direction or whatever ... but I've never really been in love with any of the concepts. Kingdom Come is a prime example of this. It's so well done, but I'm so ambivalent about it. So I'm not sure where I'd want him. But I do know that I want him because he seems like he could come in and rock the house.

I mean, just knowing my history, I'd say you know, Josh is leaving The Flash soon and he wrote Wally West, never a big old Barry Allen run. And Josh is leaving The Flash but he's leaving it with like, the sandbox opened back up and all the Speedsters coming around from the looks of it.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Blast I missed it. Been away too long.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

In a recent podcast, Waid said he's begun a chronological reread of Superman's life starting with the earliest Superboy stories. He said he was "taking copious amounts of notes"

Take that as you will.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    In a recent podcast
    Link or podcast name?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.