Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Mark Waid Doing a Q&A Over On DC Universe

If anyone wants to pop over and ask him a question I thought I’d post the link here:
    https://community.dcuniverse.com/t/l...ur%20community

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Ooooo, I just realised that Didio being gone means that Waid can finally return to the DCU.

Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Ooooo, I just realised that Didio being gone means that Waid can finally return to the DCU.

Awesome.
    It’s honestly hilarious to me, practically the minute Didio got fired Waid started getting invited to do stuff with DC again.

He has? Nevermind then, I just posted I suppose it would depend on Lee, but if he's already being offered work that answers my question.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    He has? Nevermind then, I just posted I suppose it would depend on Lee, but if he's already being offered work that answers my question.
    On Word Balloon he talked about getting calls from DC Editors again, so while he doesn’t officially have a project announced, I don’t think it’s impossible that whatever DC has cooking post-Death Metal will have him involved. Personally I just want a Birthright sequel, a “Year 2” Superman that isn’t tied down with all this continuity bull****.

Well, Waid isn't doing much with Marvel now...

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    On Word Balloon he talked about getting calls from DC Editors again, so while he doesn’t officially have a project announced, I don’t think it’s impossible that whatever DC has cooking post-Death Metal will have him involved. Personally I just want a Birthright sequel, a “Year 2” Superman that isn’t tied down with all this continuity bull****.
    I have good memories of his Brave and the Bold, so I kind of want him to relaunch DC Comics Presents as a Superman co-feature again. Let him write Superman and whoever else he wants and only deal with continuity if he wants to. He's one of the few guys who can really do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Sold. I would love to see Waid explore the original story he had planned for Birthright, but changed because Jeph Loeb told him they were already planning on doing it on the Smallville TV show...then didn't.

Waid's plan was to have Clark battle a malfunctioning Jor-El AI. In retrospect, that makes all the douche moves Smallville's Jor-El AI pulled make more sense. I have no idea why they abandoned that plan.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Sold. I would love to see Waid explore the original story he had planned for Birthright, but changed because Jeph Loeb told him they were already planning on doing it on the Smallville TV show...then didn't.

Waid's plan was to have Clark battle a malfunctioning Jor-El AI. In retrospect, that makes all the douche moves Smallville's Jor-El AI pulled make more sense. I have no idea why they abandoned that plan.
    Actually, jor el ai did malfunction in Smallville, if remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Actually, jor el ai did malfunction in Smallville, if remember correctly.
    It did? That must have happened after I stopped watching the show, I guess. I think I stopped watching after the 4th season, then came back when the show moved permanently to Metropolis.

It did? That must have happened after I stopped watching the show, I guess. I think I stopped watching after the 4th season, then came back when the show moved permanently to Metropolis.
    I don't exactly remember the season. I fairly remember the ai going nuts.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Give him the Superman books. He was born to write Superman.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Give him the Superman books. He was born to write Superman.
    I think Bendis has done a damned good job of establishing his new direction that he could bring more voices into the mix beyond his Portland crew of Rucka and Fraction. Waid would be a good guy to give a Superman title.

Actually, if Fraction & Lieber don't want to continue, I think Waid would be a perfect choice for a Jimmy Olsen book if Bendis wants to keep Superman & Action all to himself. Hell, I think Waid could do an amazing job with Lois Lane, too. Better than Rucka's managed at least.
    Last edited by Bored at 3:00AM; 05-27-2020 at 01:28 AM.

I think Bendis has done a damned good job of establishing his new direction that he could bring more voices into the mix beyond his Portland crew of Rucka and Fraction. Waid would be a good guy to give a Superman title.

Actually, if Fraction & Lieber don't want to continue, I think Waid would be a perfect choice for a Jimmy Olsen book if Bendis wants to keep Superman & Action all to himself. Hell, I think Waid could do an amazing job with Lois Lane, too. Better than Rucka's managed at least.
    Yeah! Disagree superman is boring me. The kid is a hot mess. I hope someone comes and rights jon's ship. Bendis seems to do a voice for superman. Even, then it feels too safe. And the characterisation isn't for me.Maybe that will change with identity reveal. That would still leave jon. The melodrama nonsense has ruined the character. He wasn't built for that stuff. The character had whimsical adventures vibe like many shonen heroes.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 05-27-2020 at 01:52 AM.

I always read the original story was Brainiac showing up and invading, interesting to know where you heard the Jor-El AI story.