Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I always read the original story was Brainiac showing up and invading, interesting to know where you heard the Jor-El AI story.
    I think I kind of prefer the Luthor element to Brainiac or a Jor-El AI, but that's just me.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I always read the original story was Brainiac showing up and invading, interesting to know where you heard the Jor-El AI story.
    I can't remember exactly where, but it was an interview he did years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think I kind of prefer the Luthor element to Brainiac or a Jor-El AI, but that's just me.
    I love how Waid approaches Superman and Lex’s relationship in that book, I just wish there were more standalone stories that didn’t feature Lex.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think Bendis has done a damned good job of establishing his new direction that he could bring more voices into the mix beyond his Portland crew of Rucka and Fraction. Waid would be a good guy to give a Superman title.

Actually, if Fraction & Lieber don't want to continue, I think Waid would be a perfect choice for a Jimmy Olsen book if Bendis wants to keep Superman & Action all to himself. Hell, I think Waid could do an amazing job with Lois Lane, too. Better than Rucka's managed at least.
    I don’t. I think it’s lackluster, and boring.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

The writer won't matter to me if what they have to work with is this continued template. Lots of interesting names thrown around but all would be wasted on the current status quo.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

My ideal creative team for the two Superman books would be:
    Action: Mark Waid/Clay Mann
    Superman: Waid/Tony Daniel
    Covers by Alex Ross
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I don’t. I think it’s lackluster, and boring.
    Yup. That is how art works sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Covers by Alex Ross
    Hmmm, I wonder if Alex Ross will be coming back to DC any time soon. He's been at Marvel for several years now, and he seems to bounce back and forth between Marvel and DC pretty regularly.

Hmmm, I wonder if Alex Ross will be coming back to DC any time soon. He's been at Marvel for several years now, and he seems to bounce back and forth between Marvel and DC pretty regularly.
    If he was mad at DC for the same reasons Waid was I could see him coming back. Would kill to get a run of Alex Ross Superman covers like Immortal Hulk is getting.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

So wait,does waid being on superman mean he would be going vegetarian again? Also, would superman be able to see auras?interesting question to be asked.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    So wait,does waid being on superman mean he would be going vegetarian again? Also, would superman be able to see auras?interesting question to be asked.
    The vegetarian thing was unique to Birthright and the handful of years when that story was Superman's origin. It was an interesting idea, but one that didn't really resonate with enough readers, like Geoff Johns's similarly discarded idea that technology doesn't work around him, so he has to use a typewriter instead of a computer.

The vegetarian thing was unique to Birthright and the handful of years when that story was Superman's origin. It was an interesting idea, but one that didn't really resonate with enough readers, like Geoff Johns's similarly discarded idea that technology doesn't work around him, so he has to use a typewriter instead of a computer.
    Well, that technology thing has precedence. Superman was anti-automation figure back in the day. Breaking apart machines was kinda his thing.As for vegetarian superman thing not resonating. It was cool is all. For me if superman is gonna have no kill code. He needs to extend to all life. The guy doesn't need to even eat. So, he doesn't even need to kill plants so to speak .Micro organisms might be the only life clark might have no choice taking.Seeing aura's of living things also atleast gave a context to no kill code.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 05-28-2020 at 03:30 AM.

I used to like Mark Waid's work when he was in his prime. Superman Birthright, JLA Year One, his Flash run and Fantastic Four run used to be some of my favourite comics. But his work in the 2010s has been a huge drop in quality in both Marvel and Indie so I don't think I'd want Waid to work on Superman now. Also, there are stories and incidents about Waid's behaviour which paint a worrying picture of him. Including but not limited to Waid repeatedly banging a telephone receiver on the ground over and over again and weeping when he worked as an editor for Amazing Heroes as well as throwing a telephone at one of the artists. With behaviour like that, I'm not keen on someone like that writing a superhero who was created to fight bullies.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Well, that technology thing has precedence. Superman was anti-automation figure back in the day. Breaking apart machines was kinda his thing.As for vegetarian superman thing not resonating. It was cool is all. For me if superman is gonna have no kill code. He needs to extend to all life. The guy doesn't need to even eat. So, he doesn't even need to kill plants so to speak .Micro organisms might be the only life clark might have no choice taking.Seeing aura's of living things also atleast gave a context to no kill code.
    Nobody tell Kelex that .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Nobody tell Kelex that .
    Well, kelex wasn't a thing back then. Moreover, working class guy and cousin torches a billion dollar computer and says he will pay for it with "reporters salary". Meaning, nit gonna happen . Also, kelex isn't exactly a machine. He is alive. Clark wouldn't punch something alive if it wasn't a bully. Heck! He might even stand up for rights of people like iron giant, astroboy, kelex... Etc.

#astroboyisaboy, get a clue metrocity.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 05-28-2020 at 12:45 PM.