Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    It will NEVER happen, but now that I think about it, what I'd really like to see from Waid is a book similar to his gorgeously illustrated History of the Marvel Universe, just focused on Superman (similar - but hopefully more detailed - than his Life Story of the Flash). Without "superheroes remembering two different versions of their lives because EVERYTHING COUNTS" or shenanigans like that. Just a good, clear, Superman bible to reconcile most of his history.
    It's not impossible and Waid could successfully do it. It would just need a bit of creative freedom and the possibility of making some choices - at last - about 4-5 crucial points (the Kents, the Legion, etc).
    That would be an interesting project from Waid. If he got the freedom to do “his” Superman history it would be interesting to see how he would set it all up. He’s a fan of dead Kents as an example of how he might go against pop culture perception.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That would be an interesting project from Waid. If he got the freedom to do “his” Superman history it would be interesting to see how he would set it all up. He’s a fan of dead Kents as an example of how he might go against pop culture perception.
    It's not even about what Waid would personally do. I'd be happy to read pure, unadulterated Waid on Superman. But in a book aimed at retelling Superman's life which could be used as a "bible" for future writers I don't think that he would throw a tamper tantrum if he wasn't completely, 100% free. He's a professional and has worked as an editor for most of his life for Pete's sake. He knows how this works. He knows that there would always be some kind of compromise.
    I mean, no matter what they do with the Kents, or the Legion or whatever - someone will not be 100% happy with it. At one point, just go with one direction - the one which they consider the best choice for most people and for the character - even if it means leaving someone unsatisfied.

I mean... It's not that trying to make everyone happy is always he best direction. What was the point of bringing the Kents back in Doomsday Clock if they won't do anything relevant in the stories? And isn't it a bit hilarious that the one who revived the Kents is the SAME writer who killed Pa Kent some years ago? I find this creative choices as confusing as editorial interference - it's as if the writers themselves don't know what to do.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021