Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 77
  1. #46
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Hulk or the X-Men are the most feared. I'm leaning towards the X-Men. Hulk is like monsters from urban legends, where people fear them but think it's "cool" to see them. The X-Men are genuinely feared by a lot of people.

    I don't think it's Spider-Man, though. I think Spider-Man has the reputation of a 60s activist. Young people love him, old people don't. People in the media hate him, those from blue-collar communities tend to like him. People outside New York hate him because they know nothing about him, but a lot in New York interacted with him and like him.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 05-28-2020 at 06:59 AM.

  2. #47
    Extraordinary Member JudicatorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Cosmic Shores of the Pacific
    Posts
    5,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Thor. Billions around the world start to question their faith when a "god" returns to earth.
    It can also galvanize their faith when Thor is shown to be flawed, vulnerable, too human in some instances, and not even the most powerful god of all of the various pantheons. And then there's the business of his hammer co-dependency and the fact that it has enchants on it that he himself did not create and cannot control. I suspect monotheists in particular would just see Thor as another superpowered being, but not God by any stretch. Their concept of a Creator being, an Alpha and Omega as it were, is so far beyond every depiction of Thor.

  3. #48
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,144

    Default

    Thor has been beaten and bloodied over and over so much, people probably make jokes about him being a god now.
    "Hey sup gOd? Remember when hulk beat you with your own hammer? Lmao pwned"

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Marvel wants us to think it's Captain Marvel, but it's really Wolverine.
    Im pretty sure they want us to think she's the most beloved not the most feared, though if they keep doing Civil war like nonsense she has a good shot at being the most feared, but she's like what doom is to latveria yeeesh
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 05-28-2020 at 09:45 AM.

  4. #49
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Thor has been beaten and bloodied over and over so much, people probably make jokes about him being a god now.
    "Hey sup gOd? Remember when hulk beat you with your own hammer? Lmao pwned"
    the fun part of this is you don't know which hulk im talking about

  5. #50
    Boisterously Confused
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I mean Wanda disassembled the Avengers and Decimated the mutants and got away with it unpunished she inspires fear no doubt.
    I don't think the general public knows about that though. That was covered up. But certainly she's someone that would give everyone cause to be worried.
    I hadn't even considered the Scarlett Witch, but yeah, Journey's right, anyone aware of her would likely be petrified. Still, as XPac says, that number's likely pretty small.

    Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I have to be honest, the mutant metaphor has run its course with me. I don't believe that mutants are more hated or feared than any other minority group...
    I tend to agree. While bigotry still remains (vividly so of late) the way people respond to it has changed pretty radically.

    Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Thor. Billions around the world start to question their faith when a "god" returns to earth.
    Even with Thor parking Asgard over Oklahoma for a while, I could see folks dismissing him as either a hoaxer, cribbing on an ancient myth, or as a representative of a evolutionary offshoot race like the Inhumans.

  6. #51
    Astonishing Member Ptrvc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,302

    Default

    It really should be the X-Men. More specifically the telepaths.

    They've repeatedly shown no reverence for free will or free thought, seeing nothing wrong with rewriting someone's very mind.

    That's just evil.

  7. #52
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by destinyascension View Post
    Has to be Scarlet Witch

    After the team witnesses the insane battle between Molecule-man & Sentry.

    I think it was Moonstone who said "That was nothing, have you ever heard of the Scarlet Witch!"
    You have that the wrong way round. Moonstone states that what Wanda did would be nothing compared to what would happen if Sentry went off the deep end.

    But then Siege happened and never mind.

  8. #53
    Astonishing Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    2,915

    Default

    My Top 3:

    Nightcrawler




    Venom (Brock)




    Punisher


  9. #54
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    15,952

    Default

    In universe, it's the Hulk. Mass destruction follows wherever goes and everyone is aware of it.

    The Punisher is scary but mostly to just low level thugs. Mob bosses and street gangs are already used to their rivals trying to kill them, Frank is scary to them more in the sense that he's more competent than the other criminals.

    We the readers know that Wolverine is one of the biggest bad-asses in the MU, but I don't think it's common knowledge among the general public in universe.

  10. #55
    Astonishing Member Gaastra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,532

    Default

    Squirrel Girl.

    She's unbeatable.
    Well deadpool was scared of her after she beat him in seconds. However he did make her a brides maid at his wedding later.


    what about godzilla?

    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Gaastra; 05-28-2020 at 04:10 PM.

  11. #56
    Incredible Member Dr. Skeleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    899

    Default

    The Hulk and Sentry.

  12. #57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    In universe, it's the Hulk. Mass destruction follows wherever goes and everyone is aware of it.

    The Punisher is scary but mostly to just low level thugs. Mob bosses and street gangs are already used to their rivals trying to kill them, Frank is scary to them more in the sense that he's more competent than the other criminals.

    We the readers know that Wolverine is one of the biggest bad-asses in the MU, but I don't think it's common knowledge among the general public in universe.
    Wolverine during the Enemy of the State story was seen on television all around the world murdering superheroes and the like and was deemed a national terrorist... I'm pretty sure it's common knowledge among the MU citizens how dangerous he is. Which is also why I pretty much ignored his tenure as an Avenger.

    Let phrase the question a different way? Which hero would you actually fear some type of reaction/retaliation from if you were to for some unknown reason... spit in their face? Would someone like Thor even care? Would Sentry even notice? It's situations like these why someone like Batman is more feared than Superman(barring any mind control shenanigans).

  13. #58
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Wolverine during the Enemy of the State story was seen on television all around the world murdering superheroes and the like and was deemed a national terrorist... I'm pretty sure it's common knowledge among the MU citizens how dangerous he is. Which is also why I pretty much ignored his tenure as an Avenger.

    Let phrase the question a different way? Which hero would you actually fear some type of reaction/retaliation from if you were to for some unknown reason... spit in their face? Would someone like Thor even care? Would Sentry even notice? It's situations like these why someone like Batman is more feared than Superman(barring any mind control shenanigans).
    batman is not that petty cmon lol
    anyway hulk has been seen on tv so much people musst think of him as a force of nature

  14. #59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    batman is not that petty cmon lol
    anyway hulk has been seen on tv so much people musst think of him as a force of nature
    You don't think Batman would break yo jaw if you spit in his face? Then he'd probably hang you upside down letting the blood rush to your head from a high skyscraper or something. Instilling fear in folks is Batman's thing and that's why he's feared. Powerful as Superman is, I don't think he's really "feared".

  15. #60
    Legendary Member daBronzeBomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Usually at the End of Time
    Posts
    4,495

    Default

    It's the Savage Green Hulk.

    He is the only figure where, 99% of the time, no matter where on Marvel Earth he shows up, there are only two immediate reactions from everyone who sees him.

    1. Let's prepare for a hell of a fight!

    2. Let's get the hell out of here now!

    There is no 3rd option.

    If the Savage Green Hulk is there, he is already angry and going to immediately wreck everything in the vicinity.

    There is no reasoning with him (unless you happen to already be a particular version of Betty or Rick or Jen).

    To the planet at large, no one is more feared than the Savage Green Hulk.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •