Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Hulk...when he goes off the deep end. it's can be a world event
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I mean Wanda disassembled the Avengers and Decimated the mutants and got away with it unpunished she inspires fear no doubt.

BANNED

Anyone who has the ability to Make the Planet Uninhabitable or out right Destroy it. Or Change Reality Entirely should be Feared.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Spider-Man, at least among the general public, because arachnophobia is extremely common in real life and highly influential elements of the news media (looking at you, J. Jonah Jameson and The Daily Bugle) have spent years in-universe/decades in real life constantly demonizing him. Among villains . . . well, let's just say almost every smart villain, and even some of the not-so-smart ones, knows they're in for it if Spider-Man isn't playing human chatterbox like usual.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I mean Wanda disassembled the Avengers and Decimated the mutants and got away with it unpunished she inspires fear no doubt.
    I don't think the general public knows about that though. That was covered up. But certainly she's someone that would give everyone cause to be worried.

Sentry and Hulk, definitely, are at the top of the list.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Question, do humans in the Marvel Universe hate and fear vampires more than they do mutants? I mean vampires for the most part look relatively normal.
    I have to be honest, the mutant metaphor has run its course with me. I don't believe that mutants are more hated or feared than any other minority group. Maybe if mutant hate crimes occurred more frequently in books other than the X-Men I'd feel differently? I mean in the real world all you have to do is watch the evening news for a week and you'll have a very clear understanding of which groups are targeted -- at least here in America. You don't have to visit the Anti-Defamation League or UN Council on Human Rights Violations websites to find that out. With mutants it just feels like if you don't pick up an x-Men book, more often than not you won't notice the "rampant anti-mutant hysteria" that is supposed to exist.

So to answer the question, vampires are likely more feared than mutants. Although I also suspect that a large swath of the public wouldn't mind being turned into vampires, what, with all the pop culture romanticizing of vampirism that swept over the world not too long ago.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I have to be honest, the mutant metaphor has run its course with me. I don't believe that mutants are more hated or feared than any other minority group. Maybe if mutant hate crimes occurred more frequently in books other than the X-Men I'd feel differently? I mean in the real world all you have to do is watch the evening news for a week and you'll have a very clear understanding of which groups are targeted -- at least here in America. You don't have to visit the Anti-Defamation League or UN Council on Human Rights Violations websites to find that out. With mutants it just feels like if you don't pick up an x-Men book, more often than not you won't notice the "rampant anti-mutant hysteria" that is supposed to exist.

So to answer the question, vampires are likely more feared than mutants. Although I also suspect that a large swath of the public wouldn't mind being turned into vampires, what, with all the pop culture romanticizing of vampirism that swept over the world not too long ago.
    I actually wonder if the general public in the MU believes vampires even exist or if they're just pop culture myths. Mutants are talked about on the evening news people people know they exist.

The Skrulls refer to Jessica Drew as The Slayer and her tag line is To Know Her is to Fear Her.

But I don't think she's the most feared. Definitely can badass though.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeweasel View Post
    Squirrel Girl.

She's unbeatable.
    "Flee, flee from the slayer of all that breathes!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I actually wonder if the general public in the MU believes vampires even exist or if they're just pop culture myths. Mutants are talked about on the evening news people people know they exist.
    They'd have to know that vampires exist. There are too many prominent characters, especially in Britain, who are documented vampires. Spitfire is still running around, last I heard.

But now that you mention the news, I don't recall which part of the vampire myth Marvel uses now. At one time it was said that vampires didn't cast a reflection and couldn't be photographed, filmed, recorded digitally or by any other means. Is it possible that the populace literally can't see them on the news at all?

Presumably modern day vampires are just smarter, so the population might not be aware of them for that reason. They either own their own blood banks, have harems of familiars to tap on a nightly basis, or some of the many unsolved missing persons reports are actually their victims. I'm no serial killer, but it was really lazy for Dracula and his cohorts to just leave bodies lying around back in the Victorian era. Grab someone, have a good meal, then destroy the body. That should have been their modus operandi. First, because it's difficult to investigate a murder, or to be convicted of it, if there's no body. Secondly, vampire population control is a must. Too many vampires means less and less food source for you.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 05-27-2020 at 10:19 PM.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”

~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    The Skrulls refer to Jessica Drew as The Slayer and her tag line is To Know Her is to Fear Her.

But I don't think she's the most feared. Definitely can badass though.
    Maybe it's just me, but I imagine most people in the superhero community either respect Jessica, or accept her pristine reputation at face value. Some probably admire her. Others still probably want to date her. I don't get fear in the superhero community. As for villains, I wish that her venom bite had the kind of long-term excruciating pain and/or lethality where villains like the Juggernaut would rather turn and high-tail it out of there than risk get stung by Jess.

~James Baldwin

Thor. Billions around the world start to question their faith when a "god" returns to earth.

Phoenix. Unpredictable cosmic force. Saves the day or is a hell of a mess. You flip the coin.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Has to be Scarlet Witch

After the team witnesses the insane battle between Molecule-man & Sentry.

I think it was Moonstone who said "That was nothing, have you ever heard of the Scarlet Witch!"