Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

All around, I'd think the Hulk. From most folks' POV he's an F5+ tornado on legs. Even among criminals that might wet themselves at sight of the Punisher or Ghost Rider, when Hulk appears, he's apt to level your whole town. It's a whole other order of threat.

Marvel wants us to think it's Captain Marvel, but it's really Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    If humans hate and fear vampires, and vampires hate and fear Blade, then doesn't that make him the most fear Hero?
    If Blade kills the thing which most people fear, then I'd think that would make him one of the least feared. It would actually have the reverse effect.

But speaking of vampires ... you can make a good arguement for Dracula.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I have to go with Hulk.

Hulk appearing is like having a hurricane suddenly show up. Everything is getting wrecked and you can't stop it.

Even other heroes tend to react with a "Oh crap. It's the Hulk," whenever he shows up unexpectedly on a rampage.
    Yes and no. The thing about Hulk is a large percentage of his rampages involve stopping a bigger threat than him. Its sort of like later Godzilla movies ... hes showing up to beat up another monster. So its kind of a mixed thing.

The original omega level threat, Hulk. Heroes and villains alike also fear the Sentry. You never know what kind of day Bob is having.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

For the Mutants...Scarlet Witch.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Once upon a time the answer to that question was Thor or Hulk. If that's still the case, then that tells you everything that's wrong about Marvel.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

I think this one rotates. The current most feared, according to today's Avengers issue, is...

spoilers:
    Moon Knight
    end of spoilers

Hulk ofc

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Once upon a time the answer to that question was Thor or Hulk. If that's still the case, then that tells you everything that's wrong about Marvel.
    I don't think it is but I'm not sure what angle you're looking at there, you mind extrapolating a lil'bit here?

I WANT to think its the hulk... not because XYZ today but because of the bad press from forever... I mean they shot him into space... and then then WW hulk thing,

The Heroes are very afraid of the HULK AND the Sentry. The villains aren't afraid of the sentry most likely (if they remember him at all)...

I really should be Ghost Rider, but hey... he's not really got a rogues gallery that normal to the main universe, and... he's probably like a ghost story in universe himself.

People would love the punisher as mentioned above hell enough people right or wrong love him here now, and its the image more than his media.

I'm gonna go with Wolverine. Wolverine is for sure trying to kill you. He's routinely turned evil... and those claws.

He's just not as POWERFUL as he hulk but he's for sure the one hero anyone would want to face the least from a villain perspective.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    I don't think it is but I'm not sure what angle you're looking at there, you mind extrapolating a lil'bit here?
    “The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” ― Muhammad Ali

Not to derail, but my hope is that by now Marvel has sufficiently developed other characters with powersets & personalities that would would scare the living bejeezus out of both the public and the superhuman community. I'm not saying that Berserker/Rune King/whatever Thor and World-Breaker/Immortal/whatever Hulk shouldn't be scary, too, but sheesh, it would be a big gust of fresh air if other names were mentioned legitimately for a change.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    “The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” ― Muhammad Ali

Not to derail, but my hope is that by now Marvel has sufficiently developed other characters with powersets & personalities that would would scare the living bejeezus out of both the public and the superhuman community. I'm not saying that Berserker/Rune King/whatever Thor and World-Breaker/Immortal/whatever Hulk shouldn't be scary, too, but sheesh, it would be a big gust of fresh air if other names were mentioned legitimately for a change.
    Moon Knight is looking pretty scary these days. Not that I think it'll last...

Spectacular Member Kuro no Shinigami's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I have to go with Hulk.

Hulk appearing is like having a hurricane suddenly show up. Everything is getting wrecked and you can't stop it.

Even other heroes tend to react with a "Oh crap. It's the Hulk," whenever he shows up unexpectedly on a rampage.
    I agree. Even the most daring and feared villains do not want to make Hulk angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Question, do humans in the Marvel Universe hate and fear vampires more than they do mutants? I mean vampires for the most part look relatively normal.
    I would place fear of vampires as a more generalized, but still primal fear. It could be the same kind as stirred up by mutants, but just newer?

To be honest if I was a normal human I would be more scared of mutants then Vampires. I mean there are a ton of mutants. There is a man who could throw Earth out of Orbit using magnetic force and a man who can read and manipulate anyones mind. and those are the leaders of their camps. (At least were I dont know about now I havnt read Xbooks in awhile). The chances of running into a mutant are greater then running into a vampire.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.