Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Wolverine during the Enemy of the State story was seen on television all around the world murdering superheroes and the like and was deemed a national terrorist....
    What superheroes did he murder? I have never read the series.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    What superheroes did he murder? I have never read the series.
    Here's the answer to your question, babyblob. The murdered superhero was...

Jean-Paul Northstar

Last edited by K7P5V; 05-30-2020 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.

1 Hulk
    2 anybody else

I dont know about in the Marvel Universe as a whole but I know in Black Cat 4 She talks about Sue Storm being the most feared member of the FF.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

The Hulk or Ghost Rider I'd say. The Punisher would be a close third.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Generally I'd say hulk in that he's an omega level threat

Wolverine is probably a close second

The sentry could be, but he's just not active enough to really bother people

But I'd say that in the quiet moments when they really think about it

Wanda or Dr strange

They could just blink you out of existence and people might not even know you were gone

I bet that plays on some folks minds a lot even if they won't admit it

Nightcrawler, Best, Feral and others like them (visually) are scary because I doubt the common man I would even know their identity.

Ghost Rider is good cause he looks scary and add Morbius. He is a vampire after al. Man-Thing would give me a hospital visit.

I see the logic of Thor. His existence is strange. Hercules does seem silly but Thor really plays the God card. What about Namor?

Hulk is a monster. He uncontrollable. You don't know his reasoning. He could be on a rage and no one can really stop him. He's a natural disaster. Add Bruce Banner to that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by YounG03 View Post
    Nightcrawler, Best, Feral and others like them (visually) are scary because I doubt the common man I would even know their identity.

Ghost Rider is good cause he looks scary and add Morbius. He is a vampire after al. Man-Thing would give me a hospital visit.

I see the logic of Thor. His existence is strange. Hercules does seem silly but Thor really plays the God card. What about Namor?

Hulk is a monster. He uncontrollable. You don't know his reasoning. He could be on a rage and no one can really stop him. He's a natural disaster. Add Bruce Banner to that.
    Namor was a war hero in WWII. Earth probably sees him as a king of his kingdom not unlike black panther

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Namor was a war hero in WWII. Earth probably sees him as a king of his kingdom not unlike black panther
    I would be scared of Namor because of his actions before he became a hero in WW2. He often kidnapped a couple of women fro New York with the intention of making them his queen. Never mind that they did not want to go. Then there were the multiple times he attacked New York City. Flooding the tunnels. Derailing subways destroying bridges knocking over buildings, he killed several cops. It is hinted that he killed hundreds maybe thousands during these attacks. It has really made me not a fan of Namor right now reading these isses. So if I was in WW@ era New York I would not see him as a hero. I would see him as a huge threat.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    ...What about Namor?.
    I would be scared of Namor because of his actions before he became a hero in WW2. He often kidnapped a couple of women fro New York with the intention of making them his queen. Never mind that they did not want to go. Then there were the multiple times he attacked New York City. Flooding the tunnels. Derailing subways destroying bridges knocking over buildings, he killed several cops. It is hinted that he killed hundreds maybe thousands during these attacks. It has really made me not a fan of Namor right now reading these isses. So if I was in WW@ era New York I would not see him as a hero. I would see him as a huge threat.
    I could see Namor making people wary. He's swung between friend and foe so often, I'd imagine most folks are wondering when next he'll go off. Further, when he does rampage, it tends to be large and loud.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Namor has threatened to destroy countries enough that there is probably at least one generation that fears him. But that is also likely offset by the fact that many more have seen him in a heroic light. Well, at least until the next Atlantean War starts.

As for the superhuman community, the Squadron Supreme certainly didn't fear him at all. Black Panther, the Human Torch, Cap, etc., etc., don't necessarily fear Namor. Not like they fear Void Sentry or a fully enraged Hulk.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Namor has threatened to destroy countries enough that there is probably at least one generation that fears him. But that is also likely offset by the fact that many more have seen him in a heroic light. Well, at least until the next Atlantean War starts.

As for the superhuman community, the Squadron Supreme certainly didn't fear him at all. Black Panther, the Human Torch, Cap, etc., etc., don't necessarily fear Namor. Not like they fear Void Sentry or a fully enraged Hulk.
    We probably don't need to include the super hero community, because really these guys don't fear a whole lot. These guys jump into battle risking their lives against impossible odds as their day job. Whether it's Namor or Hulk or Thanos or Galactus, there's in there mixing it up whether they actually have a chance at winning or not.

My vote is for the Sentry

Astonishing Member

I thought about thor too, certainly when it comes down to it I bet he's the one they most worry about getting on the bad side of

He might not be likely to do anything nasty, but if he wants it there's no end to the trouble he could cause, just think of the consequences of him bfr you into outer space or into hel or do on

Hitting you is not his biggest threat
    Last edited by kilderkin; 05-30-2020 at 03:03 PM.

What is his biggest threat then?

By the way I'm going from a civilian view. Most heroes aren't worried about much other than Hulk, Wanda and the Phoenix.
    Everyone feels Banner or the Hulk. You get that Black Widow feeling from the Avengers movie. Even in the movies Iron Man to Thor are afraid of the beatdown or the collateral damage.

Namor is a threat to any nation. Wakanda respects him. His loyatly lies with Atantis. I don't know of he controls the seas like Aquaman he covers alot. By the way, I have no fear of Aquaman but Namor jump back and forth too much. And he's powerful on his own let alone an army