Default How do you think the Corona Virus will impact future stories?

I mean I know it sounds in bad taste but I'd like to see a story of super heroes having to function in a pandemic especially if there was a mandatory lock down. I mean with how fast the virus spreads it's got me wondering how it would affect super villains and heroes alike I can see a lot villains catching it like Harley whose really reckless and often oblivious as hell she'd probably be walking around with no mask and be wondering why everyone has a mask she'd probably get arrested for violating a safety policy or something, heroes I'm not so sure I feel most would take precautions. I can picture Lex hunkering down in a bunker somewhere and Joker I can see hatching some funny toilet paper crime while wearing a mask.

I just find it amazing how in real life this virus that evolved naturally has brought humanity to it's knees and I wouldn't mind seeing super heroes at the mercy of something like that. Also would the heroes even respect the authority of medical professionals like Wonder Woman collapses in front of Batman and Superman and suddenly she's diagnosed and has potentially exposed her fellow amazons and league members. Would Amazons respond to outside aid positively? Also would Batman and Superman submit to quarantine especially if they were told to provide a list of people they'd come in contact with and potentially exposed?

I mean there's just so many stories that could be done and I wonder if it'd be worse for superman because he's an alien like what if he and Supergirl got it and to everyone's horror they were suffering a more rapid case?

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    I mean I know it sounds in bad taste but I'd like to see a story of super heroes having to function in a pandemic especially if there was a mandatory lock down. I mean with how fast the virus spreads it's got me wondering how it would affect super villains and heroes alike I can see a lot villains catching it like Harley whose really reckless and often oblivious as hell she'd probably be walking around with no mask and be wondering why everyone has a mask she'd probably get arrested for violating a safety policy or something, heroes I'm not so sure I feel most would take precautions. I can picture Lex hunkering down in a bunker somewhere and Joker I can see hatching some funny toilet paper crime while wearing a mask.

I just find it amazing how in real life this virus that evolved naturally has brought humanity to it's knees and I wouldn't mind seeing super heroes at the mercy of something like that. Also would the heroes even respect the authority of medical professionals like Wonder Woman collapses in front of Batman and Superman and suddenly she's diagnosed and has potentially exposed her fellow amazons and league members. Would Amazons respond to outside aid positively? Also would Batman and Superman submit to quarantine especially if they were told to provide a list of people they'd come in contact with and potentially exposed?

I mean there's just so many stories that could be done and I wonder if it'd be worse for superman because he's an alien like what if he and Supergirl got it and to everyone's horror they were suffering a more rapid case?
    Can Diana even fall ill? I figure she'd be immune. So would Superman. The Bat family would have to suspend operations though.

And that toilet paper Joker crime thing isn't funny. At the start of the lockdown, here in the UK, people were panic buying toilet roll.

And here's something - Superboy can probably bring the cure back from the Legion's time period.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Stories featuring viruses are nothing new, the trick is to make the story stand out by having its own flavor and create memorable dilemmas for the heroes to overcome.

The one that comes to mind is Ross & Dini's "Liberty and Justice".

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Batman: Contagion