Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

i mean she didnt ask for all that lol . glad that mess is all in the past now and we can pretend it never happened

Mighty Member

Bishop’s role in this book is fine. Storm is on the council, she’s been the leader of the X-men through their most popular years and biggest stories and she’s little more than wallpaper in this book. Bishop gets more done in half an issue. He’s the Red Bishop AND a Captain. Seriously we haven’t really seen Magik do anything as a Captain besides defending Armor’s team for the fallout from getting Beak and Angel. Cyclops and Gorgon have done the most as Captains and that’s been in the pages of X-Men.

Things are just starting to happen and we’ve been waiting for over 2 months for a new book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Glad that this wasn't a slaughter, but how was this 'leaving no traces'? If they had any leadership/clients/anyone really that they reported too, they're going to notice pretty much immediately that the plant is suddenly not producing anything, everyone there is acting strangely, and the scientist in charge is just gone.
    I think it would be the difference between knowing and being able to proof it.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    You're joking, right? Evidence of a giant, sudden iceberg for starters. Drastic changes in personality and a missing person nobody should have known about. And then the obvious logical inference that the mutant nation attacked the largest producer of anti-mutant weaponry. After basically telling Verendi to their faces not to screw with them. Why WOULDN'T they think mutants were responsible? The whole place smacks of a telepath mucking with the minds of people.

Its the most basic conclusion. Especially since they knew to expect mutants trying something.
    And if they killed them all, what other magical conclusion do you think they would come to?

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    I think it would be the difference between knowing and being able to proof it.
    I mean, they're backed by at least 2 governments, and their enemy is well known for their telepathy and mind control. Its not hard to put 2 and 2 together. They don't really need to prove it to anyone to strike back. The factory was producing weapons, and now it won't be. The high-value scientist is suddenly gone, and everyone present isn't acting like themselves. The people and governments behind it will know what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    And if they killed them all, what other magical conclusion do you think they would come to?
    Not my point. I'm just saying this absolutely wasn't 'leave no witnesses'.

The aliens were the cover, weren't they? They think aliens attacked them. They even had a UFO appear, they would likely connect it to aliens other than the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    The aliens were the cover, weren't they? They think aliens attacked them. They even had a UFO appear, they would likely connect it to aliens other than the X-Men.
    This, that was the purpose of it being a UFO.

Also the cast is better used then X-Men Red. Cause lets be honest that's what the few complaints are about

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    We start the issue with a quick scene showing Tempo using her powers to age whiskey. Congrats to whoever guessed this in the preview thread!

Sophie arrives at a quiet council meeting to announce that the Marauders are going to war against the Verendi. Daddy Mags asks them to leave no trace of their actions.

At the sea, Bobby and Ororo combine their powers to trap Verendi's ship in a giant iceberg. Then, the rest of the team (Bishop, Emma, Pyro, Callisto and Forge) arrive by teleportation - courtesy of some yet to be explained technology from Christian's ship. They attack the goons. Emma pulls off a classic 90's anime action to 'distract' the guards and attack them telepathically (eh).

The data pages show a exchange of e-mails between Kate and Kurt before and after her death. My eyes got a bit watery.

After they defeat the entire crew of the ship and rescue the scientist who the Verendi used to construct the power dampening technology (aka Forge's former colleague), Emma and the Cuckoos erase all their memories and make them act kinder towards all kinds of oppressed minorities. The scientist gets the same treatment and is sent to the Morlocks' new home in Arizona.

No humans are killed! (As far as I could notice).

The final pages show that the five and Xavier decided it's a foolish effort to keep trying to ressurect Kate when all their former attemps have failed.

---

Bishop's red outfit - 10/10

The actual issue - 7/10. The confrontation with the Verendi crew felt a bit rushed and inconsequential.

Next: Kate's funeral...
    Hmm, can't say I was impressed by the issue itself.

On one hand, it was nice to read a new X-comic after such a long hiatus, and served by stellar art from Stefano Caselli, with a good showing from the likes of Forge with his former colleague. It's appreciated when books acknowledge the existence of that kind of Relationship and respect… And seeing Daniels interact with Masque was nice too.
    On the other hand, the Marauders dealt with the russians so easily here, I Don't understand how they were pushed back in the first issues by russian soldiers or Batroc the Leaper… There wasn't much action-Wise in general, if it was a resolution on that power-dampening arc, it was a poor one, there's no way that UFO-story will hold up to close scrutiny.
    Also, there was two guys with power-dampening armors, how did they deal with those?
    The russians will know it was an attack from Krakoa, they just won't be able to prove it officially.
    I guess this conflict will occur in the shadows for the time being, hence the poor resolution.

Also, that Emma scene was annoying.
    She can do so much better than that with or without her telepathy, like turn to diamond to deal with those guys for example, honestly I never thought of her as vulgar, but I did right there.
    Unless her powers have been nerfed massively somewhere recently and I missed it, it was unecessary and unsavory imo, and I Don't understand why Duggan went that road at all.

2/5.
    Caselli art and Forge were the highlights for me in that issue, the rest of it was rather meh, if not embarassing with that Emma scene. Can't say I miss this version of Pryde either.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

All-New Member

I started reading this book for Kate Pryde and instead I'm stuck with boring 90's holdover Bishop, bland OG Iceman (someone please bench him indefinitely!) and some awful adolescent version or Pyro.
    Most confusing and frustrating is how Shaw has gotten away with murder while regularly meeting with the most f***ing powerful telepaths on the planet! How does that even work? Despite all that Duggan is a fun writer and the art is always solid. But I'm losing patience with this mystery.....

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by logansrunt View Post
    I started reading this book for Kate Pryde and instead I'm stuck with boring 90's holdover Bishop, bland OG Iceman (someone please bench him indefinitely!) and some awful adolescent version or Pyro.
    Most confusing and frustrating is how Shaw has gotten away with murder while regularly meeting with the most f***ing powerful telepaths on the planet! How does that even work? Despite all that Duggan is a fun writer and the art is always solid. But I'm losing patience with this mystery.....
    Complete opposite over here. I almost dropped this book with the constant Kitty(not calling her Kate) focus. The perpetual drunk wannabe pirate with the black eye cosplay routine got old real quick. Once Shaw put her in timeout the book drastically improved. It's funny how Kitty in Gold was so hated for getting all the focus/spotlight and showing everyone up, but the Kitty in Marauders gets a lot of love for basically doing the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by logansrunt View Post
    You're the first person I see wanting Kate back hahaha

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I want Kate back!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Complete opposite over here. I almost dropped this book with the constant Kitty(not calling her Kate) focus. The perpetual drunk wannabe pirate with the black eye cosplay routine got old real quick. Once Shaw put her in timeout the book drastically improved. It's funny how Kitty in Gold was so hated for getting all the focus/spotlight and showing everyone up, but the Kitty in Marauders gets a lot of love for basically doing the same thing.
    Did she drink in Gold?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Maybe bc she's only been in 5 out of 10 issues? She's been dead for months so no she hasnt been as overexposed here as she was in Gold