Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I'm ashamed this never entered my brain. Le Sigh.
    Hickman is a sly bugger.
    1D0818CE-9807-40BE-982A-6D6DAEEC357B.jpg

I still think it is related to the Tower that Nightcrawler enters in Krakoa.

The tarot cards Moira reads in Powers of X # 1 are The Magician (Illyana / Kitty), The Tower and The Priest (Kurt).

I think Krakoa doesn't want Kitty, specifically Kitty, to enter the Tower.

Maybe the question was already brought up, but if Krakoa is the reason why Kitty can't be resurrected, can the 5 find a way to resurrect her outside Krakoa?
    Maybe on that other Island...

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Maybe the question was already brought up, but if Krakoa is the reason why Kitty can't be resurrected, can the 5 find a way to resurrect her outside Krakoa?
    Maybe on that other Island...
    I think they haven't thought about the fact that Krakoa is interfering. Moving her away will probably work.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I think they haven't thought about the fact that Krakoa is interfering. Moving her away will probably work.
    Yes. They know there is something strange about Kitty being unable to go through the Krakoa's portals, and now that she can't be resurrected on Krakoa.
    Either they haven't linked the dots yet, or my theory is wrong. Which I hope not. I'd love Kitty to be back, she was great in this book imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    I mean, I am a Dougie fanboy through and through so I absolutely remember THAT scene, but I honestly didn't think that the T/O might be repelling Kitty. hahaha.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I've always wondered why he did that.
    Other than having more effective, more efficient connection/communication with Krakoa...I don't think Doug really thought that action through.

With the possible ill-effect it may have had on Kate, another probable fall-out could be a direct link to the Phalanx....which can be both a positive and a negative.
    After reading HoX/PoX and X-Men I believe HiX-Man is leading us directly to a full-blown confrontation with the Phalanx as his big "end game".
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

That Doug thing really is weird, because it looks like most of Krakoan tech derives from that encounter with technorganic matter (I think, otherwise I don't see how Krakoa can produce computers and such), but Moira and Xavier should know that the Phalanx is an enemy. Weird.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Exactatiously.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Assuming Doug is aware he did that. It could have been unintentional

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    That Doug thing really is weird, because it looks like most of Krakoan tech derives from that encounter with technorganic matter (I think, otherwise I don't see how Krakoa can produce computers and such), but Moira and Xavier should know that the Phalanx is an enemy. Weird.
    Right? Is the infection/connection intentional? Is it Warlock? Is it like in the Nightcrawler issue -- a calculated move to encourage/ensure success in communication? Like with those crab alien things who's name I can't remember right now? Is there sinister intent? WHAT?

Mighty Member

I wonder if they will try to bring back Kate on the Orchis. Remember the scientist said she found a way to bring back her husband.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Right? Is the infection/connection intentional? Is it Warlock? Is it like in the Nightcrawler issue -- a calculated move to encourage/ensure success in communication? Like with those crab alien things who's name I can't remember right now? Is there sinister intent? WHAT?
    That's admittedly the storyline I'm most excited to see pan out since HoX.
    I read the TP months after reading the spoilers and I was so startled by that panel, because I never noticed NOBODY talking about it or making threads about it (I tried to not be spoiled too much, though, so I might have missed thoses). It seemed like one of the most important scenes in the whole book to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I wonder if they will try to bring back Kate on the Orchis. Remember the scientist said she found a way to bring back her husband.
    The scientist plans to make her husband a Nimrod.

I don't think they're going to make Kitty a Nimrod.

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

My guess is that Kitty will be the first chimera. Her husk may not be viable but Hickman did say that we would see mutant minds in bodies not their own.

Don't forget that Rasputin had Kitty's DNA.
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars