Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Consigning Sabretooth to the pit is essentially doing the same as depleting the mutant numbers.
    Actually no as that is the equivalent of jail on Krakoa. He isnt dead. That was also done as part of the official judicial system on Krakoa, not some vigilante acting on her own. Laws exist for a reason. It was also obvious that he was used as an example to deter others from commiting crimes as there needs to be consequences

Why Limbo? Thats a death sentence, especially to someone with no defenses. Humans that get sent there do not come out. A better option would be to banish him to the Krakoa pits as Sabretooth was[/QUOTE]

For the simple fact that Shaw's actions led to Kate's death directly and the Protocols are ineffective in resurrecting her, thus it would stand to reason that the punishment should fit the crime.
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

I feel like we're gonna see some narrative gymnastics in action to keep Shaw in the books . he's loathsome but we need that.

because honestly, I know there technically isn't a law against killing another mutant, but killing not just a mutant but a member of their temporary governing body after the nation's been running for what, six months? I dont see how he doesn't get sent to the pit without a damn good reason. it'd be against the entire krakoan ethos for him to just get a slap on the wrist and that's it..maybe we'll get a storyline where he gets dirt on X or Moira or something and uses it as leverage

there's no way Emma grabbed that gun for nothing though . maybe she will depower him. that would be everything but, again, sadly would go against the krakoan ethos

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It will only go against the ethos if she herself goes against the QC ruling.
    The Quiet Council can (and should) decide on the plan of action in this particular circumstance. They will (should) most likely vote and majority rules but...They can, if they feel so inclined, also leave the final decision up to one person, if there's a stale-mate.

And keep in mind...this is not Sabretooth killing an arbitrary human civilian in the course of duty.
    This is TPoS premeditatively undermining everything Krakoa has stood for and is trying to build by killing one of their own.

The Rules (the ones we've read and know) won't apply.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    I feel like we're gonna see some narrative gymnastics in action to keep Shaw in the books . he's loathsome but we need that.

because honestly, I know there technically isn't a law against killing another mutant, but killing not just a mutant but a member of their temporary governing body after the nation's been running for what, six months? I dont see how he doesn't get sent to the pit without a damn good reason. it'd be against the entire krakoan ethos for him to just get a slap on the wrist and that's it..maybe we'll get a storyline where he gets dirt on X or Moira or something and uses it as leverage

there's no way Emma grabbed that gun for nothing though . maybe she will depower him. that would be everything but, again, sadly would go against the krakoan ethos
    He did break the law. The 2nd law is murder no man and what he did to Kitty was clear murder. Also what we saw in HoX was said to be the first laws. Presumably they will have, if not already ironed out additional ones since then

The Quiet Council can (and should) decide on the plan of action in this particular circumstance. They will (should) most likely vote and majority rules but...They can, if they feel so inclined, also leave the final decision up to one person, if there's a stale-mate.

And keep in mind...this is not Sabretooth killing an arbitrary human civilian in the course of duty.
    This is TPoS premeditatively undermining everything Krakoa has stood for and is trying to build by killing one of their own.

As well as his connection with the power-dampening tech. He's in big trouble.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yeah the fact he had something to do with it is going to be big when/if brought to the attention of the Council. It would be like working for Orchis.

Exactatiously.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

He put mutant babies in danger.

Shoot him with the DePower Pistol and leave him in a room with Ororo and Emma.

And Lockheed! Lock more than anyone deserves to get a piece of that action.

And Lockheed! Lock more than anyone deserves to get a piece of that action.
    Oooh yes! He hasn't arrived yet. I look forward to his return.
    (Yeah he was in Giant-Size: Doug but we'll say that was later).

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I totally agree, I just cant see the QC ever ruling to depower a mutant no matter what they did considering the weight of depowerment we saw in X-Men 7. I can sort of see it as a punishment to fit the crime type deal but I can also see a lot of the mutant public feeling uncomfortable with it seeing as that's exactly what their foes wanted to do...just throw him in the pit

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He did break the law. The 2nd law is murder no man and what he did to Kitty was clear murder. Also what we saw in HoX was said to be the first laws. Presumably they will have, if not already ironed out additional ones since then
    Im with you, ive just seen that argument that killing her wasn't technically a violation of the law which .. lol

Maybe Emma will manipulate Shinobi into shooting his dad.

Have they said anythnig about Shaw having tech to shield his thoughts from telepaths bc I find it unrealistic that Emma hasnt gone prying through his thoughts yet. And if he is able to shield his thoughts, I think that would make him even more guilty with reason enought to investigate him

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Maybe Emma will manipulate Shinobi into shooting his dad.
    I would get my entire life . This book needs more Shinobi , especially scenes between him and Shaw. talk about a toxique relationship..