Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    It's a shame, but you're asking too much from these writers to break from conditioning and display the vision and ability to show black male hero having agency. He's being used exactly as the writers see his potential, as a big dumb gun to be aimed by those who make all the decisions. Truth be told Bishop Bishop should have been leader of X-Force, and at least the second option for leadership of The Marauders.
    At least Bishop is a captain so we have that. I just wish he will get showcased as one soon. We haven't had a clear indication that he is captain outside a data page unless I'm mistaken. I would like to see him in X-force with Jean and Colossus to be honest, but so far he's been used well here but like you I want to see more. I also want to see him in charge and not blindly following anyone. Though a lot of the X-men are following in this new era because ultimately they believe in the new direction.

I hope Bishop has a good role in the upcoming crossover (or at least a good moment). The earlier Marauder issue with Kitty and Bishop has probably been my favorite of the series thus far. Unlike many here I do not dislike Kate (Kitty) but I'm glad she has been paused so others can get some spotlight. The great thing about this new era is that almost all our favs are in a book.

Never realized that a character has to lead a team to be showcased as competent and more than just a big dumb gun. If that’s the standard, then I guess Bishop isn’t being used well and hasn’t been since his first appearance. Poor guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Never realized that a character has to lead a team to be showcased as competent and more than just a big dumb gun. If that’s the standard, then I guess Bishop isn’t being used well and hasn’t been since his first appearance. Poor guy.
    He was made one of 4 captains, hence why people think it makes sense why he should be leading. Scott leads the X-men. Magik leads the New Mutants. Gorgon isnt leading anyone but unlike Bishop, he isnt a regular in an ongoing. Bishop is subordinate to other characters when he was given a high ranking position which seems like a vanity title for him

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He was made one of 4 captains, hence why people think it makes sense why he should be leading. Scott leads the X-men. Magik leads the New Mutants. Gorgon isnt leading anyone but unlike Bishop, he isnt a regular in an ongoing. Bishop is subordinate to other characters when he was given a high ranking position which seems like a vanity title for him
    Magik only leads the New Mutants in a war situation. Bobby led them before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Magik only leads the New Mutants in a war situation. Bobby led them before that.
    and now he's off the team so Magik leads anyway. Point is her role means something; Bishop's doesnt

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Well, he did run his own XSE team.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I honestly always thought Hickman would use the Captains when he was ready. Since he created them it’s very likely he’ll use them. Would love to see more of them now of course but he may unleash them later.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Did he ever apologize to Hope for hunting her through time and space?

What's the situation? Storm made him forget but everyone else remembers and never brings it up because it's too stupid?
    Last edited by coveredinbees; 05-28-2020 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post

What's the situation? Storm made him forget but everyone else remembers and never brings it up because it's too stupid?
    Hope should be the one apologizing to Bishop...

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I stopped reading X-books for awhile (2015 or 2016) and I'm still catching up. What book did I miss?
    Last edited by coveredinbees; 05-28-2020 at 09:06 PM. Reason: I don't remember when I stopped reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    lol huh? for what

BANNED

and now he's off the team so Magik leads anyway. Point is her role means something; Bishop's doesnt
    She isn’t even on the current mission...

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post

Yes he did

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    She isn’t even on the current mission...
    She still is the team captain. The book's roster is huge. I dont expect her to be on every single mission
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-28-2020 at 09:13 PM.

Yes he did
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    lol huh? for what
    Just for existing. All that fuss made over her and for what? Just to almost destroy Bishop's presence within the X-universe.

Yes he did
    I wish he hadn't... such a low moment for him smh.